1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

7 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Ok so obviously I can’t say much but I will say this: OUR BOYS ARE F**KING BACK!

What can you tell us ? Did you hear the record, no details just yes or no if so did all the clips from the snippets heard make the album especially clip 9 ? Lol 

11 minutes ago, ekim said:

What can you tell us ? Did you hear the record, no details just yes or no if so did all the clips from the snippets heard make the album especially clip 9 ? Lol 

Can you tell us how many tracks are on the album? 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Ok so obviously I can’t say much but I will say this: OUR BOYS ARE F**KING BACK!

If you heard the new album you are so LUCKY!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

If you heard the new album you are so LUCKY!!!

If it was a music video shooting then they probably heard just one song (load of times!!!!) so we can assume the lead single will be a banger hehe

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StaryedHeart said:

If it was a music video shooting then they probably heard just one song (load of times!!!!) so we can assume the lead single will be a banger hehe

Still don't think it's the lead single if it was a music video shoot. The video for the 24th is probably already done.

17 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Still don't think it's the lead single if it was a music video shoot. The video for the 24th is probably already done.

Just wanna chime in here and say that's probably not the case. The music video timeline/turnaround is really fast. I know the director of Blink's last video and they shot like two weeks before release and that one had a ton of green screen work to do. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GRNSTR10 said:

Just wanna chime in here and say that's probably not the case. The music video timeline/turnaround is really fast. I know the director of Blink's last video and they shot like two weeks before release and that one had a ton of green screen work to do. 

This. Music videos are often a quick post production job

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GRNSTR10 said:

Oh it's nice to know!

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

You're gonna win the day with this post alone 🤣

So working under the assumption that 1972 was a working title, why go the extra mile customizing guitars and having it emblazoned across the back of a vest?

• Like 1

According to multiple reddit users, it was just a shot for oakland coffee commercial

(im kidding)

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

According to multiple reddit users, it was just a shot for oakland coffee commercial

(im kidding)

Well, shit, I can't get the "Boo this man" gif to insert.

Just imagine it. 

Edited by StuntmanMark
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dudley dawson said:

Did they bring Oakland Coffee to keep everyone going through the night? 

I would never trust reviews or opinions from an early listener. They’re too hyped and biased.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I would never trust reviews or opinions from an early listener. They’re too hyped and biased.

True I'm sure the people who heard father of all first thought it was a kick ass album but later realized it wasn't that good lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I remember when early “Oh Love” listeners said it was the next Jesus of Suburbia.

I still can't believe they picked it as the first single, stay the night carp diem hell even kill the dj would've been better than oh love lol

6 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Just read on Twitter it was officially the shooting of the music video for their first single. 

Something tells me they got to hear something extra way to secretive for just a video shoot but I could be wrong 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

So working under the assumption that 1972 was a working title, why go the extra mile customizing guitars and having it emblazoned across the back of a vest?

I mean it was still the year that they were all born. Still has sentimental value even if they didn't end up using it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

The 1972 vest looked like it was just painted on

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ekim said:

I still can't believe they picked it as the first single, stay the night carp diem hell even kill the dj would've been better than oh love lol

I don't think any of those tracks would've been as commercially successful as Oh Love honestly

Green Day fans maybe would've preferred them as lead singles but in terms of more casual fans or mainstream audiences, I absolutely think Oh Love was the best choice. Ik most people probably don't agree with me on that

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic