1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

What if 1972 is a side project which unfortunately, will come come out before Green Day 14?

2024 - Foxboro Hot Tubs 1972 

2026 - Green Day XIV

2029 - Billie Joe Armstrong Real Debut

2032 - Green Day 15

11.1 replies.  1 year.  1 minute. 

We are at the singularity.

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

So I finally heard the heard the whole song on TikTok!! (Don’t ask me who posted it LOL) Anyway, the guy wrote in the comments that he thinks it will be officially released in a few weeks!!!

More chance of me dating Jenna Ortega in a few weeks rather than getting a new green day song :lol::ga:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just heard the whole song, it’s better than all foam record lol…. But it was not so hard 😂

well I hear too the similarities with pink and iggy pop, but if I listen to the last effort of some well known bands  it’s not the song with the most similarity with others I’ve heard lately 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

So I finally heard the heard the whole song on TikTok!! (Don’t ask me who posted it LOL) Anyway, the guy wrote in the comments that he thinks it will be officially released in a few weeks!!!

I Googled "a few" which is "between two and several"  so then I had to Google "several."

Several is "three or more"

I hope I am not in a googleplex loop, in which I have to define vague units of amounts forever now.

So yes.  New Green Day music coming between two weeks or longer.   Yes.

24 minutes ago, Biddymc said:

This is a such a weird situation.  From what I think I understand...

The song is a post FOAM demo, like maybe 2 years old.

It was leaked on discord over a year ago.

Many fans sat on the leak, but had it or heard it during that time.

Somehow it releaked???? in the last couple of weeks.

GD fandom blew their minds out about who had and didn't have it.

No official statement from the band or Warner, but a solid attempt to scrub youtube/twitter.

But Tumblr and tik-tok ...

(Personally, I'm hoping the song was not intended for the next album... but maybe a Bside?  Although I'd probably like the song more if it was a part of a larger narrative/story from the album.  Also curious, because certain riffs are clear lifts from the pink song, so when that happens, do you just get ahead of that by paying royalties to that artist??  Just wondering.)

No album announcement but now expected in early 2024. 

Like I said, weird situation.

(This is when I miss BJA on instagram... lol, that little filterless bastard. 😂)

Well if you listen to muse for example MANY if not ALL their new material has riffs or Melodie’s from other artist and … no one gives a shit so whatever 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

I don't think so...

It depends from teaser to teaser to be fair. Some of them sound clean and polished the way a previous release, but others do sound like rough mixes and works in progress. Either way, a lot of what we heard sounded closer to the end of production than the start

Let's say three weeks from now we get a new single.

June 17th, 2023.   Who's going to be hopeful with @GDFan2019 and I?

If we all believe in this date hard enough, it could happen.

June single, August album? 

• Confused 2

Between now and June 29th. Or between June 8th and 29th.   

17 hours ago, Khaleesi. said:

Nah, only the ones who don’t have enough respect or common decency to follow rules that keep this place from being shut down. 

Warning ……Live without Warning !!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

Was OEB intended to be an off-album single?

We dont know. Maybe it was even a demo for FOAM.

• Like 3

Damn, I thought it's one of the other songs that we haven't heard.. 😔

• Like 1

Sounds like a FOAM track and is very mid. Cannot wait for the new era to begin because it cannot go down from here (right? RIGHT?!!?)

• Like 2

Now that I've heard it for the first time... it sounds like absolute shit.

I hope it is just a leftover song or something because it's really bad 👎 

Yeah, the more I hear it especially after re-listening to the whole of FOAMF for the first time in a while, the more I think it's a reject from that record. I had gotten very hung up on the fact that this was definitely not CLA and thought 'it's a demo then' but giving it a few more proper listens there's Butch Walker feeling production all over this - people have already mentioned the claps but as well as that I'm hearing that specific reverb sound panned to the right that was used a bunch of FOAMF, as well as that droning one-chord piano like on MMOTF, Junkies, and especially Teenage Teenager. The guitars and the way the drums don't sound quite right (hi-hat is way too loud/bright) also sounds pretty FOAMF, this is likely pre-final mix by Tchad Blake but had gone through some level of back and forth between GD and Butch before it was scrapped. Just speculation but that would explain why it was on Crush's servers to get stolen in the first place, since there was a lot of remote sharing for that album between them and Walker. 

I know this is a little off-topic for this thread (not that we have anything real to talk about anyway) but this does make me think - why scrap so much of Father of All? Considering we heard some of it on MM2020 it clearly wasn't because they didn't like the songs. Feels odd that they wouldn't have thrown a few of the extra tracks in as filler instead of releasing a 25 minute record, I'm pretty sure reception could've been a little better if there were a few more songs for people to fight over. Again I'm just making stuff up at this point but it's like Walker doesn't even really produce records, he just adds his level of sheen to tracks given and anything that isn't working gets scrapped. No pulling from demos to create interesting arrangements and bridges or last minute song additions a la 21CB 🤷‍♂️

• Love 1

Has anything else leaked besides this? I found a youtube video of some guy talking about “savior born and raised” and “ooze”. Whats been going on the last few months?

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic