1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

42 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I looked into my magic crystal ball and saw that there might be a show in LA around Billie’s birthday :hi:

Whisky a-Go-Go?

• Like 2

Someone posted a photo of a load of gear at a warehouse in Atlanta (I believe) headed for London and LA so who knows but given the fact they recorded in London i wouldn’t be surprised if they did do some promo or shows here for it maybe 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

Someone posted a photo of a load of gear at a warehouse in Atlanta (I believe) headed for London and LA so who knows but given the fact they recorded in London i wouldn’t be surprised if they did do some promo or shows here for it maybe 

Can you please post a link?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, jumpsalty said:

I guess I need to head over to the "you know you're a Green Day fan when...." thread because I live somewhat near Atlanta and I would totally go on a guitar-stalking road trip just for a glimpse at those beauties.   

Legal guitar stalking is okay.   

I'll keep repeating that to myself.   

I'd even protect them for the band.   Anybody tries a guitar-heist, they've gotta go through That Dude!  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, John.reject23 said:

It would be really cool if they released a EP for each birthday. Feb, May, Dec. For me It would make total sense and a new and interesting way that the band embark a new era :)

And feature each person on the cover 😅

But seriously I think that's great, I just highly doubt they'd do another trilogy

Who knows!!

• Like 3

It sounds good, just good. A sequence of power chords and that's it, but the 99R cloned riff at the end doesn't excite at all. 

It's nice that it's somewhow reminiscent of 21st CB or Revrad. I look forward to punch-in-your-face guitars, like on Restelss Heart Syndrome around 3:50 / Horseshoes.. / East Jesus Nowewhere. 

• Like 4

Rumor has it that they're doing a trip all around Canada in July 2022 🤗
I'M. HAPPY.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Rumor has it that they're doing a trip all around Canada in July 2022 🤗
I'M. HAPPY.

For real? I really want to see them in Toronto

• Like 2

I’m starting to think the Euro tour isn’t happening so they might as well do another northamerican leg instead…

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I’m starting to think the Euro tour isn’t happening 

I'm suffering so much to think this but yeah I agree

24 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I’m starting to think the Euro tour isn’t happening so they might as well do another northamerican leg instead…

But the omicron spike should be over quick, certainly by spring things will be much like they were last summer

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

For real? I really want to see them in Toronto

Yes the source is from a guy named Alex Martel, , owner of the Montebello Rockfest, really known in Quebec City for his abilities to bring big bands.
He already said last year that Green Day was supposed to tour in North America only during the Rev Rad tour.

Last I heard they still want to do it. Maybe for 1972 ?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But the omicron spike should be over quick, certainly by spring things will be much like they were last summer

Even better, they’re saying the pandemic may become endemic very soon, so the European tour could still happen!!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I hope so. But still, events were capped at a few thousand attendees ever since last spring (at least where I live, idk about the rest of the EU) and unless that’s lifted, Green Day shows will be too large to happen. I’m probably being pessimistic right now, but the only European country I 100% trust to give this a green light is the UK.

• Like 1

I’m petitioning for this thread to be called “EP 4 Speculation Thread” 😉

2 minutes ago, TJChrobo said:

I’m petitioning for this thread to be called “EP 4 Speculation Thread” 😉

Also don’t @ me I know there are technically more

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

It Will be an album or a trilogy of EPs for their birthdays... They are creating too many expectation for only an EP

Billie did it to himself by saying it was… but I get the sense they’ve recorded more than 6 songs and it will be an album

• Like 3

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to 1972 project speculation thread
  • AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic