1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Yeah, now they have soul again!!! i'm so excited, I'll always support this band in any direction they want. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, EMS-Gd said:

Yeah, now they have soul again!!! i'm so excited, I'll always support this band in any direction they want. 

you mean they now are sticking with their sound all over again!

• Like 1

This has to be a full length album!!! There’s way too much teasing and enthusiasm by the band going on for it to just be a simple EP!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

This has to be a full length album!!! There’s way too much teasing and enthusiasm by the band going on for it to just be a simple EP!!!

I tend to agree that it's probably getting too much teasing to be an EP. But it might just be another FOAM length album i.e. the bare minimum length needed to count as a studio album

• Like 2

I love how when looking over the board and social media I am seeing a lot of people excited about feeling Trilogy vibes from these teasers we’ve seen so far.

I love the Trilogy, the Longshot and Holy Toledo vibes.

I hope we get a Cuatro style documentary. That was the best Green Day doc ever. So in depth and behind the scenes and a great look at the process of history in the making.

Looks like Billie Joe was sharing and watching the Beatles new documentary on Disney+. If they do something like that it would be so amazing.

I have so much hope for this new era.

1972 LET’S GO GREEN DAY! Haha I’m feeling like the hype of the beginning of Nice Guys Finish Last video. 

This is the best band in the world and this is so exciting!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Did finally listen to this and I really like it! Much better sound than anything on FOAM. It's too short to tell much else, but I am very excited for this. At least drums are back LOL. Very strong Green Day sound. Can't wait to hear what lyrics Billie has written.

6 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

I'm hoping after the reception to FOAM and its marketing that they've realised they can't just treat Green Day like another standard pop act and expect people to eat it up. The band themselves teasing this so much to me is already a good sign, but we'll see how long it takes before we get another song written in partnership with some sports league: 'Fire on all Cylinders', 'Aim for the Net' or whatever

Also so happy to be hearing what sounds like an actual real snare drum in this clip

Maybe a new single will be used during the Super Bowl leading into each commercial break!!! They did this with Still Breathing during the 2016 MLB postseason!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whatshisnamee said:

I’m also presuming the EP/Album is done as well if they are teasing it so much? 

Someone else may be able to confirm but I think they were teasing the trilogy before it was done. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Just a reminder before the pure uncut promotion from Crush officially starts. 

It could always get cringier:

Off-Topic but I highly recommend watching the BTS. The music video is actually pretty wholesome, they basically just wanted to have the kids have fun. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, michael1989 said:

Someone else may be able to confirm but I think they were teasing the trilogy before it was done. 

We were spoiled regularly with updates that year!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Just a reminder before the pure uncut promotion from Crush officially starts. 

It could always get cringier:

Just a reminder that the album this song was on is miles better than anything green day have released after 2009.

13 minutes ago, SumDay said:

Off-Topic but I highly recommend watching the BTS. The music video is actually pretty wholesome, they basically just wanted to have the kids have fun. 

1 minute ago, petros said:

Just a reminder that the album this song was on is miles better than anything green day have released after 2009.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Why is everyone omg at Kevin being there??..In my opinion, and nothing against the guy..but since he has been with GD , its all turned to shit..granted he is a great musician and his band primadonna are good..but to me, GD seem to be far too over crowded now and don't need anyone else!!..strip it right back to bja Mike n tre..throw in the Jason's..and hey presto we have GD and live GD..there is no need for anyone else....thats what foxboro, longshot and coverups are for!...but as for the clip..I'm so glad that it sounds like them again..static age x 99 revolutions x letterbomb...sounds like we may be in for an epic EP....to hell with FOAMF and the people who are trying to say "I liked it because it was different and fresh"..yes...and also shit 🤣..Mon the 1972!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to 1972 project speculation thread
  • AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic