1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Society_of_the_Spectacle

The spectacle is the inverted image of society in which relations between commodities have supplanted relations between people, in which "passive identification with the spectacle supplants genuine activity". "The spectacle is not a collection of images," Debord writes, "rather, it is a social relation among people, mediated by images."

"The celebrity, the spectacular representation of a living human being, embodies this banality by embodying the image of a possible role. Being a star means specializing in the seemingly lived; the star is the object of identification with the shallow seeming life that has to compensate for the fragmented productive specializations which are actually lived."

• Confused 2
  • Love 1

Do you also think 1981 is not on the Album? Really thought they would play it today. My guess its not on the Album anymore or it is really just a Part of a bigger longer Song like someone mentioned before

• Like 1

listened to TADIKM a few times now and i'm extremely happy with it 🥰

looking forward to the studio version on Tuesday 🖤

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Flynn said:

Wth somebody upload it!

34 minutes ago, DJ Rosstar said:

My buddy’s friend got this. No clue if she has a record player or knows how to upload this if so!

Damn it tell him to steal it she's probably gonna let her cat scratch it up lol 

• Confused 1

also, if anyone wants to dive into the true 21CB nostalgia experience: Watch this one, it looks and sounds like it was recorded in 2009 on a point & shoot ;):lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I guess should be okay now to share the song since it isn't a leak anymore.

Someone should port the song via MP3 format

Created a thread to discuss the song as we are officially out of the speculation zone and I think it needs its own space (I guess we can continue the album speculation here):

Wow this was hell of a ride 🥲

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just now, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Created a thread to discuss the song as we are officially out of the speculation zone and I think it needs its own space (I guess we can continue the album speculation here):

Wow this was hell of a ride 🥲

fair point, @mods could you move my posts relating to the song to that thread?  

So was this show recorded for the prime/twitch event? I mean they have only two shows left for this

Would love to see them in an arena at the beginning of the year and then some Festivals/Open Air shows. But nice to see they‘re doing a tour with Smashing Pumpkins. Hope to see them both in EU (Smashing Pumpkins will be doing a tour in the UK during summer).

3 minutes ago, Matt3BJ said:

Here is my audio recording of the entire show. Sorry for the sound dropping out a couple times throughout the set, used a cheap app but did my best to deliver to GD fans around the world. GD was awesome tonight. Tre particularly was on fire. Take care everyone here is the link to the entire show in audio:

Did you get the awesome vinyl with the two songs ?

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic