1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

19 minutes ago, James11693 said:

I just saw that they’re having a show on Amazon next Thursday. I wonder if tonight’s show will be filmed and taped so they can air it then. I hope so! Would be cool since they’re trying to get the crowd to dress as zombies tonight lol 

I thought they already filmed something at a theater the night before the music video shoot

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I just know they’re going to schedule a club tour to start the week my baby is due (Feb. 25). Instead of FOAM it’ll be FOMO. :lol: :cry:

You could have Billie Joe deliver the baby.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cav9mm said:

I actually didnt know Sam did the “oh love” and “Kill the Dj” videos.

They weren’t great in my opinion. 

He has done so much stuff.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Bayer

Damn I didn't know he worked with green day after American idiot, yeah oh love video was terrible lol but the purple haired girl is still one of the pretties girls I've ever seen lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

btw - No single tomorrow according to new zealand spotify

in todays music business singles can drop at any time, whenever the band/label wants it to drop, no matter if its a sunday or early in the morning

LPs drop on fridays most of the time (thats why new zealand people can already listen to the new blink album while i cant atm)

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

You think we're getting a tour announcement too? Sometime they announce it a little bit later.

iirc green day tend to announce new era with the new album announcement and shortly some time later a first tour announcement?

if we get the album announcement on october 24th i can totally see a tour announcement coming one week later, major (rock) festivals in europe announce their (first) headliners around 2nd/3rd of november, and the rumoured UK summer stadium shows fit to this time frame

• Like 1

So Bang Bang and Oh Love both were released alongside lyric videos. FOA didn't have a lyric or music video on its release, only getting a music video later. This time, it seems that the music video is going to be released alongside the song?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, James11693 said:

I just saw that they’re having a show on Amazon next Thursday. I wonder if tonight’s show will be filmed and taped so they can air it then. I hope so! Would be cool since they’re trying to get the crowd to dress as zombies tonight lol 

No. The Amazon special is another live event happening next Thursday. I posted a link to the event ticket info for invitees from Dice in the show thread there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UK Tour and Canadian Tour. 
Billie Joe doesn't want anything to do with the US anyway.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

btw - No single tomorrow according to new zealand spotify

They've released stuff like the 4 track demos at not 12am so it doesn't necessarily confirm it

• Like 1

Feel like logic says Tuesday is the single but I’m also not liking it will likely be played live multiple times before release. I get at a secret show but playing it at WWWY seems odd when it’s not even out yet. Kind of ruins the surprise and hype.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cyi8x-3OD4A/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I wonder how many new songs they’ll play tonight. Interestingly, they didn’t say anything in the post about not allowing cameras. Unless maybe that’s posted at the doors tonight?

I'm guessing no new songs. Dookie in full though, so I'm pretty envious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If anyone has a plus one to the Vegas show tonight I am willing to pay and pay big. I am in Vegas, drove out from San Diego in hopes of getting a ticket to tonights show. Was shut out online, 5000 people beat me to the que. Thank you -Matthew 8587356288 

I am a sure thing on this!

• Like 4

Just now, Matt3BJ said:

If anyone has a plus one to the Vegas show tonight I am willing to pay and pay big. I am in Vegas, drove out from San Diego in hopes of getting a ticket to tonights show. Was shut out online, 5000 people beat me to the que. Thank you -Matthew 8587356288 

I am a sure thing on this!

I hope you get a ticket and dont have to pay man. Get down around the venue and chance your luck.

Good luck to you sir.

• Like 1

I’m also thinking that while October 24 will be the music video release (and possibly single if it hasn’t already been released by tomorrow), then we should also get a promotional tour announcement in the next week or so too (or even on Oct 24!). It would be weird to build up all this hype for just a single given that it’s no surprise at this point.

• Like 1

So was anyone here successful with the tickets? Hope for some Info when I wake up in 9 hours 😂

• Like 2

Just now, Insomniac90 said:

So was anyone here successful with the tickets? Hope for some Info when I wake up in 9 hours 😂

I know a friend of a friend who got two tickets but that’s about it. My other 11 friends did not, and I also tried for them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Surprised 1

50 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

The fact that they raised a banner with the lyrics ''Send out an SOS it's getting serious'' on the building make me think they're gonna play TADIKM.

And the banner for chef wings one night only so maybe dookie and the one new song lmao they act like they've never played rookie in full live before

• Like 1

I’d honestly be shocked if they didn’t play at least one new song. They do seem to be gearing up the promotion machine right now and they are going to have to start playing the new stuff live eventually.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

If you have a problem with them performing TADIKM before the song officially releases, then just don't watch it. If you're watching the performance online, just skip TADIKM. If you're going to be there live, then I'd be excited to hear the song live for the first time

Thanks for telling us how to live our lives. My point was more about that being poor marketing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

UK Tour and Canadian Tour. 
Billie Joe doesn't want anything to do with the US anyway.

Yeah right after he saw those rednecks crowd surfing at the last show! He's probably considering a run for president lol

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic