1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

30 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Do we know the time stamp for the part with Billie?

23:40 wow Billie looked a lot different in 2003....

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Is it the pill that swallowed you?

Yeeeh, oh yeah, oh yeah

I just recently listened the snippets with headphones and sounds really nice. I like how they didn't go for the wall of sound of American Idiot. I guess I'm kinda relieved

I have been thinking a lot about the possibility of a full club tour before they kick off the world tour for this album. Similar to what they did for rev rad. I have a really strong gut feeling that it might actually happen, and I think I might have just found something. For some reason I felt the need to go check out 9:30 club's instagram. It's a historic venue in DC and they played there in the 90's and on the rev rad club tour. They posted some shows that were just announced 12 hours ago. "Surprise! at the club!" either February 18th or 19th. It's gotta be Green Day. Timeline makes sense too with the album coming out in January. Maybe I'm just getting my hopes up, but I have a really strong feeling about this. There aren't usually ever surprises. They'll just announce it later instead of putting on the schedule. Anyone wanna help me look into this? See if there's anything suspicious going on at other smaller venues they've played before around the same time. 

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Sheenius said:

Ill keep on rollin baby

NOW I KNOW Y'ALL BE LOVIN' THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE!

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, greenday.stuff said:

I have been thinking a lot about the possibility of a full club tour before they kick off the world tour for this album. Similar to what they did for rev rad. I have a really strong gut feeling that it might actually happen, and I think I might have just found something. For some reason I felt the need to go check out 9:30 club's instagram. It's a historic venue in DC and they played there in the 90's and on the rev rad club tour. They posted some shows that were just announced 12 hours ago. "Surprise! at the club!" either February 18th or 19th. It's gotta be Green Day. Timeline makes sense too with the album coming out in January. Maybe I'm just getting my hopes up, but I have a really strong feeling about this. There aren't usually ever surprises. They'll just announce it later instead of putting on the schedule. Anyone wanna help me look into this? See if there's anything suspicious going on at other smaller venues they've played before around the same time. 

I did some more digging and it looks like they did have one other surprise at the club thing. It's attached to the Interpol shows in December, but they were already announced. I can't figure out what it is. It's weird. The surprise in February is also attached to the Brittany Howard show but it doesn't make any sense. Maybe the surprises are taking place at the events themselves. Maybe this specific thing isn't Green Day, but I'm not completely ruling a club tour out.

Just now, greenday.stuff said:

I did some more digging and it looks like they did have one other surprise at the club thing. It's attached to the Interpol shows in December, but they were already announced. I can't figure out what it is. It's weird. The surprise in February is also attached to the Brittany Howard show but it doesn't make any sense. Maybe the surprises are taking place at the events themselves. Maybe this specific thing isn't Green Day, but I'm not completely ruling a club tour out.

Wouldn’t the small club shows they did for the trilogy also count as a club tour? Further proves the theory, maybe!

• Like 1

Just now, alecandstuff said:

Wouldn’t the small club shows they did for the trilogy also count as a club tour? Further proves the theory, maybe!

And Billie was teasing that whole club sandwich thing very heavily in 2020 before lockdown. I think they might have been planning on doing it for father of all.

• Like 2

The sun article said the new record is "morden twist but still Green day".. that line perfectly describes the song OEB

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, AlienVisitor said:

The sun article said the new record is "morden twist but still Green day".. that line perfectly describes the song OEB

After foam I prefer they go pre modern this time around 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlienVisitor said:

I hope Green day are featured in the video too and not just some bunch of zombies butchering people

Wait until you see the zombies swaying back and forth while green day preform on stage its gonna be killer!

4 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Do we know the time stamp for the part with Billie?

Update that was not billie lol 

3 hours ago, nopride84 said:

23:40 wow Billie looked a lot different in 2003....

Update that was not billie! 

So apparently green day fm will not be updating their site from the 19h to 25th because they will be at the all the Vagas shows lucky bastards! 

1 hour ago, ekim said:

So apparently green day fm will not be updating their site from the 19h to 25th because they will be at the all the Vagas shows lucky bastards! 

Lucky devils! 

12 hours ago, Carnaggy said:

Can someone please give me a breakdown of the last 2 weeks. I havent been here in a while and everything is going crazy. Is there a new song? Ive heard snippets but is it out?

First, came the website theamericandreamiskillingme.com with messages about wake me up stuff. The forum trying to decode the font to make the new Green Day logo. But we don't knew yet if it was really related to Green Day. After days of some new messages from the website, we got the confirmation, it was Green Day related. Then, came some speculations about the single, when it come out. For some reason we have about 5 pages talking about the war scene in Israel, turns to Blink 182 (I don't know how too) and here we are, talking about the secret show tonight. 😀 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ekim said:

I was cursed to see the video first couldn't believe it was actually green day, and then I watched the interview and billie talking about the album  how he didn't wanna write the feel good songs or long songs I was like yet Jesus of suburbia is his your favorite wtf lol 

I don't think Billie was talking about songs like Jesus of Suburbia or Homecoming when he said "I don't like long songs". If anything, I think he was talking more about those 5 minute songs that don't really change a whole lot during the course of the song. Something more in the vein of 21 Guns or Oh Love. Not to say that I think he hates those songs or anything but I think he's always had a preference for shorter songs (like 3 minutes or less) or multi-part songs made up of 2 minute segments

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, AlienVisitor said:

Has the secret show started yet ??? If yes what's goin on inside??

Oh wait.. it's supposed to be a secret 

Tickets aren’t for another 6 hours 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

btw - No single tomorrow according to new zealand spotify

We know it's october 24th for a month?

• Like 4

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic