1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Just now, Austrian_Insomniac said:

the more i listen to this teaser and compare it to OEB the more i think they are from the same sessions.. the vocals.. the guitars.. it must be a leftover or a album track of the new record.

the pre chorus "i never asked.. " it has the same anger in his voice and you can hear it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

How many time do we need to say that OEB is a B-Side from FOAM?

you can repeat it 1000 times, it sounds 100 times more like this teaser from yesterday than FOAM.. maybe it was a leftover but got a rework man.. if u can use your ears you would hear it. And why the coincidence with billie spraying the one eyed bastards in england

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

you can repeat it 1000 times, it sounds 100 times more like this teaser from yesterday than FOAM.. maybe it was a leftover but got a rework man.. if u can use your ears you would hear it. And why the coincidence with billie spraying the one eyed bastards in england

The irony of telling someone to use their ears here

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

How many time do we need to say that OEB is a B-Side from FOAM?

you said it a thousand times, and now a thousand one lmao

just to be clear.. i mean it in a good way that it sounds like OEB.. bc i think its a banger.. and if they worked on it a little more it could be a very very awesome track.. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

https://myglobalmind.com/2023/10/17/green-day-announced-as-latest-amazon-music-live-headliner/

They're playing this Amazon Prime live thing next week. 'The five-time Grammy-winning rock band will deliver a career-spanning set of fan favorites and some new surprises'

Damn it’s at midnight my time, but maybe I’d catch a little bit before I go to bed. How long is their set supposed to be?

17 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

This song sounds like it’ll be a good set opener from what we’ve heard, I think I’m ready for American Idiot to no longer open the set so I hope that ends up being the case

Maybe it would be like the RevRad tour setlist. American Idiot was played in the encore

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/green-day-13d68939.html?tour=33d660c5

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m hoping SNL gets them on too. They always reveal their guests as the weeks go by

Well judging by the pure crap rappers and pop garbage they've been farting out in recent years I doubt it 

2 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Yeah it would be nice to have the proper album tour like this, the festival circuit was great but has run its course

Exactly it's time for the American Dreams tour.
A setlist like the RevRad era please

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Yeah it would be nice to have the proper album tour like this, the festival circuit was great but has run its course

I'm sure the Hella Mega setlist would've included FOAM songs if the pandemic hadn't delayed it for a year

4 minutes ago, ekim said:

Well judging by the pure crap rappers and pop garbage they've been farting out in recent years I doubt it 

Although they had Jack White, Coldplay, and The 1975 earlier this year!! And in fact, they had the Foo Fighters in late 2020, Bruce Springsteen too!!!!

24 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

This song sounds like it’ll be a good set opener from what we’ve heard, I think I’m ready for American Idiot to no longer open the set so I hope that ends up being the case

Yeah it's time to shake things up promote the new album not another greatest hits tour, with a few new songs mixed in go all in like they did with American idiot era in 2004 2005 sell the new album, but crush will probably do like they did with weezer convince them the casual fans want to hear the hits, I say fk them! they can go listen to spotify, if all I care we the true fans not obsessed with dookie and American idiot want to hear the new album played in full.

7 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I'm sure the Hella Mega setlist would've included FOAM songs if the pandemic hadn't delayed it for a year

Although they had Jack White, Coldplay, and The 1975 earlier this year!! And in fact, they had the Foo Fighters in late 2020, Bruce Springsteen too!!!!

Coldplay lol 

1 minute ago, ekim said:

Yeah it's time to shake things up promote the new album not another greatest hits tour, with a few new songs mixed in go all in like they did with American idiot era in 2004 2005 sell the new album, but crush will probably do like they did with weezer convince them the casual fans want to hear the hits, I say fk them! they can go listen to spotify, if all I care we the true fans not obsessed with dookie and American idiot want to hear the new album played in full.

Coldplay lol 

They aren't rock lol

1 minute ago, ekim said:

I’m sure the first batch of shows will have a lot of Dookie songs mixed in too

I think the album is coming sooner they're setting up alot of promotion for just one single I'm gonna say green day pull a network and release it in December 

• Like 1

Coldplay lol

They aren't rock lol

My point is they’re a band and not some mediocre rapper

3 minutes ago, Alf said:

So, this Amazon show could have been recorded on october 4, or am I crazy?

I wonder if they played the full album front to back like the 21CB days 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m sure the first batch of shows will have a lot of Dookie songs mixed in too

God I hope not I'm sick of that album 

5 minutes ago, Alf said:

I would guess it’s a WWWY set

Just now, StillBreathing said:

I wonder if they played the full album front to back like the 21CB days 

That happened In early April of 2009, About a month before the release of 21st right?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alf said:

I thought we figured they filmed a concert scene for the music video

Just now, Jankowski576 said:

I would guess it’s a WWWY set

It says it was recorded in LA

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

I thought we figured they filmed a concert scene for the music video

we just guessed, we have no confirmation

• Thanks 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic