1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Thats one hell of a teaser, this is the Green Day we've been missing.

My only concern is when Billie said the same line twice in the chorus.. but whatever I'll take it

Wonder how long they will leave the Green Day website like that. Can’t access anything but that main page.

9 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

What’s the Capital?

I'm British so I can't be certain but I assume they mean what happened at The Capitol  in the US on 6 January 2020

Love what I'm hearing from the new snippet 

19 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I'm British so I can't be certain but I assume they mean what happened at The Capitol  in the US on 6 January 2020

Love what I'm hearing from the new snippet 

Since the new single comes out next week, has anyone heard anything about any upcoming interviews and morning and late night TV performances?

31 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Since the new single comes out next week, has anyone heard anything about any upcoming interviews and morning and late night TV performances?

I'm willing to bet Jimmy Kimmel will have green day as an upcoming guest he's friends with the band especially billie joe armstrong 

• Like 2

As a first single, unfortunately the chorus is not that catchy so as to grab attention, I think. The song has a protest-like feeling, sounds simple, maybe too simple; what I really like is the sound production, the guitar tone is fatter, fleshy (reminds me of Insomiac), still a bit too hidden, too safe, I think, but it's a good sign.

10 minutes ago, greenalert997x said:

As a first single, unfortunately the chorus is not that catchy so as to grab attention, I think. The song has a protest-like feeling, sounds simple, maybe too simple; what I really like is the sound production, the guitar tone is fatter, fleshy (reminds me of Insomiac), still a bit too hidden, too safe, I think, but it's a good sign.

Know your enemy 

5 hours ago, AlienVisitor said:

My only concern is when Billie said the same line twice in the chorus.. but whatever I'll take it

Imma go out on a limb here and say the next line we don’t hear in the teaser is also “the American dream is killing me” 

I dont know but i would still not get my hohes up too high.. i mean it sounds as repetetive as 1981.. but yea just a teaser

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

If they went for an ambitious project and it failed on lyrics, that would be a disaster

Where have I heard that before…

all in all I’m just excited for new music, I doubt anything could reach the lows of FOAM 

1 hour ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Love the vocals on the snippet. The boys are back!

Also, the new GD website image immediately made me think of this photo of protestors in Ohio when Covid brought lockdowns. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/tea-party-style-protests-break-out-across-country-against-stay-n1185611

I swear Trump supporters are the dumbest people on earth they're like the rednecks on South park they took er jerbs!!!

1 hour ago, greenalert997x said:

I disagree it's straight to the point in your face like saying hey MAGA suck it! lol 

• Like 2

Maybe the New teaser is not from the Main Refrain..  may its just the end of the Song where  These lines repeated again.

30 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

I dont know but i would still not get my hohes up too high.. i mean it sounds as repetetive as 1981.. but yea just a teaser

I think saying one more time over and over again using autotune is way worse 

Just now, ekim said:

I'm starting to wonder if side 1 is the political,  side 2 1972 autobiographical all mashed together to form one awesome record with lots of layers and meaning 

3 minutes ago, ekim said:

I'm starting to wonder if side 1 is the political,  side 2 1972 autobiographical all mashed together to form one awesome record with lots of layers and meaning 

Almost like rev but with better focus and production 

6 minutes ago, Punx96 said:

Maybe the New teaser is not from the Main Refrain..  may its just the end of the Song where  These lines repeated again.

True 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Verycool99 said:

Imma go out on a limb here and say the next line we don’t hear in the teaser is also “the American dream is killing me” 

I could see him rhyming something with conspiracy 

41 minutes ago, ekim said:

Haha i think u got f***d by tom in the ass and he left u then and now u have to talk about blink everytime and hate on them

4 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

Haha i think u got f***d by tom in the ass and he left u then and now u have to talk about blink everytime and hate on them

I think you take cocks up the ass from Mark and Travis cunt 

9 minutes ago, Liam said:

Alright stop with the insults and get back on topic. I don't want to tell either of you agaim

He wanted to go blue so I went black lol 

7 hours ago, AlienVisitor said:

Idk why people are concerned with hearing a line repeated. Every single Green Day album have songs that repeat the same line multiple times in a row like this

Here are just some examples of old Green Day songs (from 2004 or earlier)
- Why Do You Want Him?
- When I Come Around
- Sassafras Roots
- Westbound Sign
- Worry Rock
- Haushinka
- Take Back
- Warning
- Are We The Waiting
- Jesus of Suburbia (I Don't Care If You Don't)
- Homecoming (We're Coming Home Again)
- Wake Me Up When September Ends

If I cared to look into it more, I'm sure I could probably come up with more examples

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Idk why people are concerned with hearing a line repeated. Every single Green Day album have songs that repeat the same line multiple times in a row like this

Here are just some examples of old Green Day songs (from 2004 or earlier)
- Why Do You Want Him?
- When I Come Around
- Sassafras Roots
- Westbound Sign
- Worry Rock
- Haushinka
- Take Back
- Warning
- Are We The Waiting
- Jesus of Suburbia (I Don't Care If You Don't)
- Homecoming (We're Coming Home Again)
- Wake Me Up When September Ends

If I cared to look into it more, I'm sure I could probably come up with more examples

Dude, all your comments begins with "idk why people..." 😅😄 

• Haha 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic