1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

6 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

I've never experienced skull candy to be even half decent. They're a gimicky brand that doesn't really know audio. But if you're happy that's what matters.

Momentum 2 over-ears. 

Yes so much better than ear buds 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

There is a difference between "not great" and "have you even played your fucking instruments or sang before?!" Blink falls into the latter

True 

1 hour ago, Jankowski576 said:

Does Blink really want to be upstaged by their opener like pop disaster again?

Hot take: Blink sucks

• Like 4

Ok less Blink more “do we think Billie will sing any falsetto on the new LP”??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dudley dawson said:

There's some falsetto in one of the teasers 👀

Just now, dudley dawson said:

Ok less Blink more “do we think Billie will sing any falsetto on the new 

How long is American dream is killing me over 3 minutes?

2 minutes ago, devilskind92 said:

There's some falsetto in one of the teasers 👀

I think Billie was just mumbling the verse melody they were working on at the time 

3 minutes ago, ekim said:

How long is American dream is killing me over 3 minutes?

4 minutes ago, devilskind92 said:

Do we have a website to bet on music length like Bet99 but for music

2 hours ago, Tomcat20 said:

This took them 3 years? 😂

Yes.  They've recorded 11 seconds so far, hope you like it.    I'm just glad it's not Haushinka Part 2:  Her Sister's a !@#$ Too.

Can a better guitar nerd than me tell me what chords these are really quick?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Yes.  They've recorded 11 seconds so far, hope you like it.    I'm just glad it's not Haushinka Part 2:  Her Sister's a !@#$ Too.

From the teaser? G and C

Edited by localinsomniac
Brain farts
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Falsetto was not something that Green Day introduced into their music with FOAMF

21CB had quite a lot of falsetto. The trilogy had falsetto too. I can't think of any other Green Day albums before FOAMF that had falsetto in them but again, the concept of falsetto was not new to GD music before FOAMF. That said, the falsetto was definitely different on FOAMF. MM2020 Pt II also had some of this falsetto too on Degenerate (don't think any other track had falsetto but I may be wrong there as I pretty much just never listen to that album)

The falsetto sounded great throughout 21CB imo. It really added to the songs, especially for songs like Before the Lobotomy and Restless Heart Syndrome. 21 Guns, Murder City, East Jesus Nowhere, Last Night on Earth also had falsetto too and the falsetto all sounded good at the very least on this album, at least imo. The trilogy had falsetto too on Oh Love and Drama Queen and it sounded fine there too but didn't really sound any better than anywhere on 21CB. Drama Queen also was written for 21CB, but is just a boring ass song anyway.

I really don't care for how the falsetto sounds anywhere on FOAMF. I don't care for Degenerate on MM2020 Pt II either. But I'm not against falsetto on this album. With how these teasers sound, it would probably sound better here than it would've anywhere on FOAMF. Also the fact that these teasers are giving 21CB vibes makes me think that if there is any falsetto on this album it might be closer to how it is on 21CB

• Like 1

It could still be 1980-One Eyd Monster or whatever.     Heck, this could all be fake and that website isn't related to Green Day at all.  

All this stuff about album 14 has been AI created drivel.  

It could be Breakdown, Trilogy, or Revrad sounding.   But I think the boys have done what they always do and carved out a unique-to-this-record quality.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Try F#/Gb and B instead - E std tuning

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, fireballmx said:

Try F#/Gb and B instead - E std tuning

If it's the same song as the prvious teaser then guitars are tuned to Eb - it is F# and B though yeah

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Falsetto was not something that Green Day introduced into their music with FOAMF

21CB had quite a lot of falsetto. The trilogy had falsetto too. I can't think of any other Green Day albums before FOAMF that had falsetto in them but again, the concept of falsetto was not new to GD music before FOAMF. That said, the falsetto was definitely different on FOAMF. MM2020 Pt II also had some of this falsetto too on Degenerate (don't think any other track had falsetto but I may be wrong there as I pretty much just never listen to that album)

The falsetto sounded great throughout 21CB imo. It really added to the songs, especially for songs like Before the Lobotomy and Restless Heart Syndrome. 21 Guns, Murder City, East Jesus Nowhere, Last Night on Earth also had falsetto too and the falsetto all sounded good at the very least on this album, at least imo. The trilogy had falsetto too on Oh Love and Drama Queen and it sounded fine there too but didn't really sound any better than anywhere on 21CB. Drama Queen also was written for 21CB, but is just a boring ass song anyway.

I really don't care for how the falsetto sounds anywhere on FOAMF. I don't care for Degenerate on MM2020 Pt II either. But I'm not against falsetto on this album. With how these teasers sound, it would probably sound better here than it would've anywhere on FOAMF. Also the fact that these teasers are giving 21CB vibes makes me think that if there is any falsetto on this album it might be closer to how it is on 21CB

Yeah yeah yeah you know what I meant.

• Like 1

Definitely hoping for some Billie falsettos in this album (the good kind, like in Before the Lobotomy. Not the FOAM kind lol) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I find it funny that people think Billie, who grew up in a working class single parent household and who moved out of his mother's house living in rat infested slums, doesn't know what it's like to be working class and live rough and really only got the amount of success he got cause he was one of very few talented people to be lucky enough to be signed by a major label

How different is it being working class in 2023 to what it was like in the 80's or 90's? Because I feel like it was at least equally as hard back then. Even in 2009, Billie showed that he had a big grasp on the issues working people faced even after 15 years of mainstream success

Except 2009 was 14 years ago and it's been 30 years with money now so what's your point? Also there absolutely differences between 80s working class and now are you delusional? Also being a teenager or early twenties living in the hood just playing in a band is not considered being working class.

Last week I revisit the old albums, Wunderbar by The Living End and noticed this title, Death Of The American Dream. Same goes with their 2003's Modern Artillery albums, contains tracklist named Jimmy, 8 mins mashup song like JOS and even same artwork concept like American Idiot. Wonder if Billie sometimes take inspiration from this band or just interesting coincidence. I know some fans said they're 'Australian Green Day' lol but they both great bands on its own.

https://imgur.com/gallery/yjTpLnb

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic