1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

11 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

What makes you say the song title is just "American Dream" rather than it just being a title track like Green Day albums have always had since Warning (with the exception of the trilogy)

Because Shazam said it's American Dream.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Because Shazam said it's American Dream.

where does Shazam get its data from?

13 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I've seen people on reddit saying that the teasers are giving 21CB and RevRad vibes. 21CB vibes, yes I totally agree. But I'm not seeing or hearing RevRad at all in these teasers

I guess it's just cause people seem to lump RevRad in with 21CB and/or AI a lot but I think of them as completely different things. Just because RR is more political than the trilogy or FOAMF, doesn't mean it's an AI/21CB type album

If the trilogy wasn't a trilogy, I'm sure they probably would've named the album 99 Revolutions or something and 99R would've been the title track. After all they ended up naming the tour the 99 Revolutions tour and played that song more than any other from the trilogy

Surprised Billie didn’t name one of his pets ‘99 Revolutions’, seems like he loves that song to pieces. I never got the hype. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

where does Shazam get its data from?

Shazam is owned by Apple Music and uses their music database.

6 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

Listen to it with headphones, you will appreciate it even more!

You can hear the effort that went into mixing etc

With headphones everything sounds "punchy", even the vocals sound vibrant/energetic

The sad thing is 99% of people only have/use shitty air pods or earbuds. Garbage. And then there's people who think Beats sound great. Garbage.
Not saying my headphones are the greatest in the world but I'll take my corded Sennheiser over-ears any day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

The sad thing is 99% of people only have/use shitty air pods or earbuds. Garbage. And then there's people who think Beats sound great. Garbage.
Not saying my headphones are the greatest in the world but I'll take my corded Sennheiser over-ears any day.

I'm using skull candy and they sound fkn great 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

What ones do you have? I have the HD 280 pro headphones and they're great, they sound good and they're still in great shape after two and a half years of use

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I know I shouldn't get overly excited based on a few short teasers but when I think about what other "pop punk" bands have recently been releasing like blink 182 and Sum 41, I can't help but think that this sounds so much better than those. And maybe I'm just biased cause Green Day is my favourite band and it sounds better than their most recent stuff but this to me doesn't sound like it's gonna be one of those generic pop punk tracks like Edging or Landmines that would've sounded generic even back in the early 2000's

Yes  just like in 2004 good Charlotte simple plan sum 41 all released albums around the same time American idiot was out people widely rejected them for what Green day was offering 

IM hearing 21st Century Breakdown and Insomniac vibes my favorite records of theirs!!!! Seems angry and punchy like insomniac with 21st Century sounds and effects. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mato said:

Of course it won't because it never hasn't. Most of the pop punk bands (especially newer releases of pop punk ''revival'') have pretty much the same tasteless Feldmann production style, same annoying drum samples / programmed drums, same chord progressions, same hooks etc. (with a few exceptions of course). And it has basically been like that since late 90's.

Green Day never belonged in that category, which is why I always get a twitch in my eye when people call it all the same pop punk. They're far more superior in every sense and a league of its own. A total different class and will always be.

The thing is Sum 41 released way better pop punk than whatever Landmines is. And they're not really even a pop punk band for the most part. Out of all their albums, really only 2 of them are albums you could really call pop punk (All Killer No Filler and Underclass Hero). All their other albums are heavier than you'd expect from a "pop punk" band. Even their pop punk albums are on the heavier side of pop punk but Landmines is like the most generic cookie-cutter pop punk track and probably their worst single to date

3 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The thing is Sum 41 released way better pop punk than whatever Landmines is. And they're not really even a pop punk band for the most part. Out of all their albums, really only 2 of them are albums you could really call pop punk (All Killer No Filler and Underclass Hero). All their other albums are heavier than you'd expect from a "pop punk" band. Even their pop punk albums are on the heavier side of pop punk but Landmines is like the most generic cookie-cutter pop punk track and probably their worst single to date

..okay?

• Haha 1

I will truly never understand the Blink hate in this forum, lol

As far as the new song is concerned, based on the new teaser it still sounds great! Excited to hear the whole thing, and now that I've heard what we can assume to be the chorus, I'm gonna assume that this song, like all singles post AI, will be good but definitely not the best on the album. Only about a week away now! Also yeah, those new video clips, very gruesome, love it!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alecandstuff said:

I'm gonna assume that this song, like all singles post AI, will be good but definitely not the best on the album.

Bang Bang

• Like 4

Just now, Ryan said:

Blink sucks? Have you seen them live? If you have, I think the hate would be very easy to understand.

I know they're not great live, but what does that matter? GD doesn't always have the best performances either, the beauty of live music is more about the emotion than playing things like the record

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

Bang Bang

I will agree that it's probably some of their best single work since, but I personally think "Somewhere Now" and some others are more re-listenable, still love Bang Bang though

56 minutes ago, ekim said:

I'm using skull candy and they sound fkn great 

I've never experienced skull candy to be even half decent. They're a gimicky brand that doesn't really know audio. But if you're happy that's what matters.

57 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

What ones do you have? I have the HD 280 pro headphones and they're great, they sound good and they're still in great shape after two and a half years of use

Momentum 2 over-ears. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, alecandstuff said:

I know they're not great live, but what does that matter? GD doesn't always have the best performances either, the beauty of live music is more about the emotion than playing things like the record

There is a difference between "not great" and "have you even played your fucking instruments or sang before?!" Blink falls into the latter

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ryan said:

There is a difference between "not great" and "have you even played your fucking instruments or sang before?!" Blink falls into the latter

Matter of opinion, but ok lol

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic