1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I'm not listening to it. I'll wait for the whole thing. I like what I see from you guys though. Hope I enjoy it when it comes out.

• Like 1

This gives me trilogy and 21st vibes hehe I don't know who to explain it, it's like the chords and melody are like an uno song but the production, lyrics and voice are like 21st century breakdown!!!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DJ Rosstar said:

Someone’s YouTube cover in 3, 2, 1 … 

Don't ruin my fun!!

13 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

There are though. There always are. There is also always autotune and vocal smoothing, etc. There's just different ways to do it, sometimes subtle and sometimes that's exactly what they want you to hear.

Thank you! People should know this by now. Haha

• Haha 1

Is it safe to say that "The American Dream is Killing Me" is the album title then? Rather than just a song/single title, or a lyric. Because the end of the teaser shows what looks to be a cover. Could be a single cover but the band hasn't really bothered with single covers since Bang Bang's CD cover (excluding stand-a-lone singles like HCTS, Pollyanna & Holy Toledo)

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Is it safe to say that "The American Dream is Killing Me" is the album title then? Rather than just a song/single title, or a lyric. Because the end of the teaser shows what looks to be a cover. Could be a single cover but the band hasn't really bothered with single covers since Bang Bang's CD cover (excluding stand-a-lone singles like HCTS, Pollyanna & Holy Toledo)

Black and White is the complete opposite of pink 😅 idk why we said pink was important, maybe it was just for WWWY

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

What was the cover? The words on a black background?

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I thought American dream is killing me would be the title of the song. The album name could be “Sweet (American) Dreams”?

Awesome to see Green Day can play for 2 hours. I'm so sick and tired of the 90 minute festival sets that are the same same same every time. It's so stale. Excited for an actual Green Day tour next year where they can go back to the 2.5-3 hour sets. As well at the upcoming secret shows of course.

1 minute ago, Jankowski576 said:

Does Blink really want to be upstaged by their opener like pop disaster again?

LOLOLOL Amazing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

What was the cover? The words on a black background?

Damn this is peak billie vocals so much better than foam and revolution radio 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I think Sweet American Dreams was just a joke because of the snooze. 

American Dream is the song and TADIKM is the album name. Pretty sure.

The song will be "The American Dream is Killing Me" 100%.  The album? Probably the same.

• Like 3

Every Album since Warning had a song with the Album name on the Album. Dont think it will be different this time. But we will see soon. 

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I think TADIKM is the title track and album name.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

What makes you say the song title is just "American Dream" rather than it just being a title track like Green Day albums have always had since Warning (with the exception of the trilogy)

EDIT: I like how four of us at the exact same time basically asked the same question

• Like 1

Just now, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Every Album since Warning had a song with the Album name on the Album. Dont think it will be different this time. But we will see soon. 

Uno Dos Tre didn’t. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Black and White is the complete opposite of pink 😅 idk why we said pink was important, maybe it was just for WWWY

They are opposites, but that's what makes the 3 look so great together! It's one of my favorite color combos! 

So glad I heard this before work! Now I'll have it in my head the whole time! 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

They are opposites, but that's what makes the 3 look so great together! It's one of my favorite color combos! 

So glad I heard this before work! Now I'll have it in my head the whole time! 

I was already humming the riff all week before this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Uno Dos Tre didn’t. 

True, but a very different Situation with a trilogy

• Like 1

I've seen people on reddit saying that the teasers are giving 21CB and RevRad vibes. 21CB vibes, yes I totally agree. But I'm not seeing or hearing RevRad at all in these teasers

I guess it's just cause people seem to lump RevRad in with 21CB and/or AI a lot but I think of them as completely different things. Just because RR is more political than the trilogy or FOAMF, doesn't mean it's an AI/21CB type album

Just now, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

True, but a very different Situation with a trilogy

If the trilogy wasn't a trilogy, I'm sure they probably would've named the album 99 Revolutions or something and 99R would've been the title track. After all they ended up naming the tour the 99 Revolutions tour and played that song more than any other from the trilogy

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic