1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Just now, The Grohl said:

So wait what's supposed to be happening on Tuesday? 

New song. Tuesday the 24th.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

New song. Tuesday the 24th.

Oh next Tuesday. I know about that. I thought I missed something and something was happening tomorrow 🤣

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Oh next Tuesday. I know about that. I thought I missed something and something was happening tomorrow 🤣

They should be announcing the secret Vegas show today or tomorrow 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Flynn said:

b1176d2181e4e02ebfcb9d8a0c08ceb8f86b3940greenday.com new look??? !?! ? !? !

7f902f70a2ab34c860fc2cf8a3ed0d3674c65bd0 album is most likely called the american dream is killing me considering that;'s the alt text for the logo, although that's not new news by any means

Nah it’s not called that 

• Like 1

Wonder if Chris Bilheimer was tapped for art direction this time around

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ekim said:

Why today ?

Because I doubt they’d just leave the website like this and leave us hanging until next week

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Regardless of whether the record is a concept album or not, there is a clear concept and artistic direction behind the promotional campaign that is cool and easy to follow even now that is not fully started. This is a huge step forward compared to the last 2 releases from the band. Getting so hyped. 

And GreenDay.com getting the zombie treatment is kinda big news imho. I don’t think they would make that the website theme if it was only the theme of the single/smth made to take advantage of Halloween only. Might be wrong, but I think this indicates the dead/undead them is something relevant for the record as a whole. 

Did you see that Reddit post I shared last night? It’s an interesting concept, saying the zombies represent the people manipulated by the government during the pandemic!!!

• Like 1

Could be about how the government politicized a health issue which led to so much chaos and violence. Maybe not “sheeple” but the government definitely didn’t want critical thinkers.

• Like 1

What are the chances that Green Day will perform at the MTV EMA 2023 and present their new song? It takes place on 5h November 2023.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

What are the chances that Green Day will perform at the MTV EMA 2023 and present their new song? It takes place on 5h November 2023.

Have they announced performances yet?

I’d imagine the site will be ready today with link for the secret show tickets on the Tour tab of the website, we shall see!

Anything different in the website’s source code? Where are our resident detectives at.

The secret show will mostly likely go on sale the morning before or the day of and be will call only. I’ve been to many secret GD shows, and that’s usually how things go.

• Like 4
  • Surprised 1

Exciting times, but the new song they've teased is most definitely One Eyed Bastard or at least very much has something to do with it. I know this was discussed and mentioned already, but listening to the song again today and you just can't miss it. I wonder if that's how this got leaked in the first place, as a demo that was passed around, since it would be the first single coming out?

• Haha 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic