1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

18 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Hmmm....yeah when I saw that, I thought it was odd how how they specifically asked us how our Thursday is going. Genius double meaning there!!! Posted on a Thursday for a show that's on the next Thursday!!!

It didn’t say how’s your Thursday going, that would clearly mean that same day. It said “How’s your Thursday lookin’?” as in check your calendar are you free Thursday

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

2 minutes ago, grinsoniko said:

I’m trying so hard not to get over-pumped over this release, but I just have this strange gut feeling that I know others are having too. All the secrecy around it has been feeding that feeling in the last couple of years. I’m fucking ready!

They definitely took their time with this one!!! They started recording in 2021 and finished presumably some time earlier this year, while FOAM was recorded in only 3 months

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ekim said:

Just hope it's more than 10 

Nah, 8 is fine.  Like a old school Rock N Roll record.  

:)

17 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Nah, 8 is fine.  Like a old school Rock N Roll record.  

:)

Well if they stuck with the ep idea probably would've been 7 songs, glad they didn't go small maybe watching weezer fail to capture any success with their 4 flops made them reconsider that terrible ep idea 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ekim said:

Well if they stuck with the ep idea probably would've been 7 songs, glad they didn't go small maybe watching weezer fail to capture any success with their 4 flops made them reconsider that terrible ep idea 

Did SZNZ flop?  I enjoyed them but they've definitely fallen out of my rotation except for What Happens After You and Get Off on the Pain.  Those two helped me through some heartbreak for sure.      Yeah, EPS have never done big business, right?  I can't think of an EP that is super famous or popular or anything.    It's funny about the Green Day / Weezer comparison because Weezer originally wanted to do four full length albums and the label said "Remember Green Day 2012?  No?  There's a reason for that.  NO"     

I wonder how many would-be Rock Trilogy's got shot down because all the labels saw what happened.    Green Day messed it up for everybody, lol.   Like in 2004 where a lot of bands didn't want to put anything out because they knew they couldn't make a record like Idiot.     

5 minutes ago, Cali89 said:

Next week! So soon! 

Maybe they will play the new song at either the secret show or upcoming festival this weekend. The sooner the better :happyhands: 

Can't wait to see the track list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Anyone besides me excited to see what sort of vinyl variants will be available? 🤓

For sure pink vinyl is a given

• Like 3

Anyone watching Sunday night football? I could have sworn I heard that snippet of the single :o

I'm very excited for this new era :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, billiesblue said:

Anyone watching Sunday night football? I could have sworn I heard that snippet of the single :o

Wait what? When? What quarter did you hear it?

Not album related but something that just irks me.

Most of Metallicas concert stadium always looks so dope in comparison to our boys which i would describe as pale and too simple.

Are Green day not rich enough to book stadiums like Metallica does ??

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, billiesblue said:

YES!!!!!!!!!! I thought so too! We listened for like three minutes straight, rewinding over and over. Nothing came up on SoundHound. Sounded so damn good though if it was!!!!!

13 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Wait what? When? What quarter did you hear it?

4th...going into commercial break right after the Bills TD pass

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

YES!!!!!!!!!! I thought so too! We listened for like three minutes straight, rewinding over and over. Nothing came up on SoundHound. Sounded so damn good though if it was!!!!!

Was it just the same bit from the zombie teaser?

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Was it just the same bit from the zombie teaser?

No...sounded like the teaser was part of it, but that there were more layers...not the same part of the song maybe?

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

No...sounded like the teaser was part of it, but that there were more layers...not the same part of the song maybe?

Yeah the rhythm was different

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Did SZNZ flop?  I enjoyed them but they've definitely fallen out of my rotation except for What Happens After You and Get Off on the Pain.  Those two helped me through some heartbreak for sure.      Yeah, EPS have never done big business, right?  I can't think of an EP that is super famous or popular or anything.    It's funny about the Green Day / Weezer comparison because Weezer originally wanted to do four full length albums and the label said "Remember Green Day 2012?  No?  There's a reason for that.  NO"     

I wonder how many would-be Rock Trilogy's got shot down because all the labels saw what happened.    Green Day messed it up for everybody, lol.   Like in 2004 where a lot of bands didn't want to put anything out because they knew they couldn't make a record like 

Uno dos tre didn't do well because billie wasn't around to promote them properly he entered rehab shortly after uno was released, right?  they probably should've delayed dos tre until billie was out of rehab, however Weezer's didn't sell because rivers weird ass angels, elves, redoing classicals, to fit the narrative of his story  it was just a strange idea all together I liked some of the songs throughout the project but crush entertainment really didn't seem to care probably was happy to see it fail so rivers would stop releasing albums every year lol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah the rhythm was different

Is the zombie teaser an intro...a la 21st Century Breakdown perhaps? Could explain the interesting string-type ending in the teaser

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

When is the next green day show? 

The show before the WWWY festival Thursday or Friday night, still to be announced 

b299d8bca821b1dff14e4b97cdfeb6b8b2808fef

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

The show before the WWWY festival Thursday or Friday night, still to be announced 

b299d8bca821b1dff14e4b97cdfeb6b8b2808fef

Do you think we'll get that announcement tomorrow?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Do you think we'll get that announcement tomorrow?

They may try to drop it even more last minute? How many days prior did they announce the Metro show? Think it was three or four days? 

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic