1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

GREEN DAY LIVE

the LAS VEGAS OPERATION

That’s the last bet my brain can take. 

Or maybe GREEN DAY ALIVE the SAVIORS OPERATION.

OK I have to stop it for my own good.

Very frustrating. :lol:

N E Y I L could be used to form Sweet Children, but now the Y messes it up. I also keep seeing NEIL, but no idea what that would mean. 

Regarding the letters in italic, going backwards it could be S T L O = LOST ; OTt = ? ; OP = Operation 

So: Lost Operation Something ?

I also keep seeing NYE = New Years Eve, but that I think that must be a distraction. 

3 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I'm wondering why we've got all capitals except for that one lower case t

I wonder if maybe the whole title is capital except for maybe a part that has "1st", "4th", "5th". Kinda like 21st Century Breakdown, except in that case the entire title was in capital on the album cover including the 21ST

that's a good catch

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I'm wondering why we've got all capitals except for that one lower case t

I wonder if maybe the whole title is capital except for maybe a part that has "1st", "4th", "5th". Kinda like 21st Century Breakdown, except in that case the entire title was in capital on the album cover including the 21ST

That could definitely be, I like your thinking!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Regarding the letters in italic, going backwards it could be S T L O = LOST ; OTt = ? ; OP = Operation 

I love where you're going with this.

4 minutes ago, Alf said:

"1st", "4th", "5th". Kinda like 21st Century Breakdown

I like where you're going with this too

21st Lost Operation 👀

So if it’s a video and pre-order, would they really release all of that on a Sunday? Doesn’t seem typical.

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

So if it’s a video and pre-order, would they really release all of that on a Sunday? Doesn’t seem typical.

Not all content might be available at the same time. If I have to bet, a video will show up at the end of the “countdown”, and then more will come. 

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Someone on Reddit came up with a cool album art concept. ERA obviously wouldn’t be the title as it’s just an example of the title font.

https://reddit.com/r/greenday/s/OFcZSesNUx

Wrong fonts used and horrible fonts combination. No offense for the fan who did this, fan art is always nice, but it’s kinda bad. 

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I mean, it might take a few days to fully wake up after a month of slumber 

• Haha 2

I'm still so stumped by it not spelling out GREEN DAY. The L and I are just making no sense to me atm :huh:

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I'm pretty sure we will have a video sunday on this website but maybe just a tease. And next week an official announcement, maybe wednesday.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

O

O P E

O T  Y E t

S T L  N O

Hmmm…maybe it’s not spelling out anything specific, and it’s simply a preview of the GREEN DAY font and the TITLE font

ah was the first message O? I think I missed that... Doesn't really change anything to be fair, but still. That must have been around the 21st of September, right? 

They usually have a music video ready to go when they announce a new single so maybe that video will be the first thing to appear there

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They usually have a music video ready to go when they announce a new single so maybe that video will be the first thing to appear there

I hope the next music video will be the one directed by Lee Kirk because I still don't know what this picture was on Instagram.
I have a big feeling that Green Day is doing a nostalgia album.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I'm still so stumped by it not spelling out GREEN DAY. The L and I are just making no sense to me atm :huh:

If they mean something is gonna be LIVE or ALIVE. I bet my 5 cents on it. 

• Like 1

O P T t S L could also read LOST Pt = LOST Part ?

and, though I'm reaaally reaching here: 

in the non-shortened version we have O P O T t S T L O O, so without O P T t S L ---  T O O O  is left over, which could read the number two? 

So LOST Pt 2 ?

This is waaaay to eleborate for Green Day though haha :lol:

Imagine it being this...

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Either that or another deepfake intro video LOL 😆

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

We know Green Day. They were never very big on the teasing. 
So I doubt we need to look too far for this website.

Yeah... idk it would just seem weird to make all this this fuss about italised vs non-italised and bold vs. non-bold, plus the little t, and in the end it mean absolutely nothing. 

But then again, it is Green Day, the guys with the worst marketing skills on the planet :lol:

5 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

If they mean something is gonna be LIVE or ALIVE. I bet my 5 cents on it. 

I can see what you're saying. But both would not make any sense in the context of an album release. I'm all for a live album, but it would make no sense to drop one now, would it? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MillenniumFan said:

But then again, it is Green Day, the guys with the worst marketing skills on the planet :lol:

Remember the Hella Mega website before it was open?
We needed to put a password. They never teased us the password or anything. 

And for Father of All I think Billie just woke up to a message of love one morning and wrote #foamf

I think the objective with all the different letters are this: make us create this crazy theories and built hype.

I really hope it turns out to be an anagram to something, but if not, they got what they want, fans talking about it and getting whatever they would give us.

Funny thing is that 'no one' remember the Dookie 30th, that are probably on streaming in new zealand by now and should be leaking

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alf said:

I think the objective with all the different letters are this: make us create this crazy theories and built hype.

I really hope it turns out to be an anagram to something, but if not, they got what they want, fans talking about it and getting whatever they would give us.

Funny thing is that 'no one' remember the Dookie 30th, that are probably on streaming in new zealand by now and should be leaking

Doesn't it come out the 29th?