1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 minute ago, localinsomniac said:

I'm floored that this is just a demo. It doesn't sound "complete" in the mixed/mastered sense, but it does sound worlds beyond, say, the 21CB demo

Probably recorded at Otis and mixed by Chris Dugan. Honestly this is the quality I'd expect from a demo with a band as big as GD, recording and mixing with less equipment, money time has progressed massively since 2009 (although to be fair we never heard a full res version of that 21CB demo afaik, every version I've heard was pretty low bitrate). Much easier to cook up a great sounding demo

5 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Yes 2 others song has been leaked as well.

Are you firsthand aware of those as well?

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Wouldn’t it be a funny coincidence if they leaked into my DMs?

I don't have them ahah but 2 others song are out there. We just need to find them. 

I'm gonna find them one day!!

2 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Probably recorded at Otis and mixed by Chris Dugan. Honestly this is the quality I'd expect from a demo with a band as big as GD, recording and mixing with less equipment, money time has progressed massively since 2009 (although to be fair we never heard a full res version of that 21CB demo afaik, every version I've heard was pretty low bitrate). Much easier to cook up a great sounding demo

Right, but Butchy Boy made the official release sound far worse than 21CB demos, so technological advances don't enter into it. It's almost tragic, really...

Sounds so much like that Pink song. Honesty I appreciate it sounding different but I was bored very quickly. Very generic.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DearlyBeloved87 said:

Some users on Discord are saying that there are 2 other leaks in addition to OEB, has anyone been able to listen to them? What do you think about it?

Correct. Just 10 second snippets and not full tracks.

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

2 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

Based on this 12 second clip I heard, I can confidently say this album will either be universally hailed as the pinnacle of human artistic achievement and usher in a golden age of peace and prosperity on planet Earth, or Green Day will be tried for war crimes at The Hague and be put to death.

Really just depends on the amount of handclaps 🤔

Sounds about right, if you're describing GDC :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillenniumFan said:

Right, but Butchy Boy made the official release sound far worse than 21CB demos, so technological advances don't enter into it. It's almost tragic, really...

Depends if you're talking production or mixing. FOAM's mixes generally sound pretty great and surpass the 21CB demos easily, and IMO even something like RevRad, production-wise however not so much - too many wet effects, handclaps, filters etc etc etc.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

So these 2 songs have full leaks out there or are there just short snippets of these songs?

2 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

Based on this 12 second clip I heard, I can confidently say this album will either be universally hailed as the pinnacle of human artistic achievement and usher in a golden age of peace and prosperity on planet Earth, or Green Day will be tried for war crimes at The Hague and be put to death.

Really just depends on the amount of handclaps 🤔

Oh boy oh boy

171129-slobodan-praljak-mc-1152.JPG

9 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Wow. Are they clips or full songs? 

Green Day’s recent music just feels so stiff and formulaic. What happened to everything before 2010 that had flow and energy?

• Like 2

Just now, PluckyJokerhead said:

Depends if you're talking production or mixing. FOAM's mixes generally sound pretty great and surpass the 21CB demos easily, and IMO even something like RevRad, production-wise however not so much - too many wet effects, handclaps, filters etc etc etc.

Hmm I kinda disagree. Yes, the big problem on FOAM was production/mastering not the mixing per se. But the mixing had its issues too and it's also where post-Trilogy releases have fallen a bit short in my opinion. I mean, on some tracks vocals were buried, on others the guitar/bass balance was all off.

Maybe I'm boring, but I think CLA got it right every time. Call me conservative, but every time they stuck with him it paid off, imo. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Green Day’s recent music just feels so stiff and formulaic. What happened to everything before 2010 that had flow and energy?

benzo addiction (I hate to be so crass but I just feel like there’s too much of a before and after)

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, DearlyBeloved87 said:

Wow. Are they clips or full songs? 

They’re just short clips. Both sound much more like FOAM outtakes I like one better than the other but neither sounds like OEB

• Like 2

Just now, MillenniumFan said:

Hmm I kinda disagree. Yes, the big problem on FOAM was production/mastering not the mixing per se. But the mixing had its issues too and it's also where post-Trilogy releases have fallen a bit short in my opinion. I mean, on some tracks vocals were buried, on others the guitar/bass balance was all off.

Maybe I'm boring, but I think CLA got it right every time. Call me conservative, but every time they stuck with him it paid off, imo. 

Nah you're 100% right. CLA is probably the absolute perfect fit for Green Day, I just think Tchad Blake's perfectly reasonable mixes often get lumped in with attacks of the Butch Walker flavour a bit too much when it comes to FOAMF

• Like 3

If we waited an extra 2 years for songs like this, Green Day truly is washed.

Idk that much about production or mixing tbh but I think 21CB sounds amazing. What exactly is it that you think makes it not as good as previous albums? @MillenniumFan

Is it something that is like sort of objectively bad or is it just something you personally think makes the songs sound worse

1 minute ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Nah you're 100% right. CLA is probably the absolute perfect fit for Green Day, I just think Tchad Blake's perfectly reasonable mixes often get lumped in with attacks of the Butch Walker flavour a bit too much when it comes to FOAMF

Tbf we really don't know exactly what kind of effect Butch's inclusion in FOAMF had. He seems to maintain that everything about the album's sound was down to the band (almost to avoid blame for the album sounding bad), but still we can't really know exactly what kind of role he played or what extent he is responsible for the sound of that album

Just now, DookieLukie said:

If we waited an extra 2 years for songs like this, Green Day truly is washed.

Dude this is literally a demo from 2020

1 minute ago, Sanity Loan said:

There's a reason why it wasn't released, the band is upset it leaked, and why it has been kept a secret. And you just clearly pointed out that reason.

That’s good to hear.

1 minute ago, Sanity Loan said:

There's a reason why it wasn't released, the band is upset it leaked, and why it has been kept a secret. And you just clearly pointed out that reason.

How does stuff like this even leak? I always thought they had a fairly tight knit group of people around them, leaks are so rare with green day for that (good) reason 

• Like 1