1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I was on the internet all week long trying to find this song. 
I'm literally getting paid by my job to try to find it. They just don't know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, legendary said:

png-20230525-202645-0000.png

You make no comment so is this your take on it or a supposed album cover?

12 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Fan art?

Pizza Hut exclusive featuring the B Sides ‘Pickled Fish’ and ‘Wow, That Stinks!”.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

Because some of us have heard the full thing.

I didn’t ask how people who heard the full song can do it, I’m referring to us mortals who don’t have access to secret sources and/or finance hacking groups 🙃

• Like 1

I’ve still only heard the 12 second teaser and not the full song but idk I like it lol

• Like 1

I don't know why people who had it wanted THAT much to keep it for themselves but hey you're not that important anymore because it leaked pretty much everywhere this morning.

• Like 4

Sounds much better without the audio watermark

• Like 1

I didn't even have to pay 10 Million or kiss anyone's ring for that. 

Whoa.

• Like 1

After first listen... I'm unsure what to think of this. That guitar riff just makes me think of "So what" by Pink

Funny that genius already has the song lyrics. Spoilers, if you don't want to see the lyrics until you hear the song https://genius.com/Green-day-one-eyed-bastard-lyrics

• Thanks 1

What became clear to me when listening to the 12 sec snippet (especially if this is a demo version?) is that despite my nags and criticisms pertaining to the drums and handclaps, the production is definitely light years better than on FOAM, possibly the best since 21CB even, and that I thought had some issues compared to AI (things are always relative aren't they...). 

Therefore, whilst we can discuss Billie's lyric-writing abilities compared to previous work or how newer GD songs including OEB more generally compare to the greats on 21CB, AI or earlier albums, I think we have every reason to be optimistic in terms of mixing, mastering and overall production of the new album and that is honestly already really satisfying in its own way. 

Production can make or break an album, no doubt. 

• Like 1

The lyrics are on genius. The leak has been mentioned here, on the subreddit, the GD discord, greenday.fm forum. It's just a matter of time before it's out there and easy for everyone to find

3 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

What became clear to me when listening to the 12 sec snippet (especially if this is a demo version?) is that despite my nags and criticisms pertaining to the drums and handclaps, the production is definitely light years better than on FOAM, possibly the best since 21CB even, and that I thought had some issues compared to AI (things are always relative aren't they...). 

Therefore, whilst we can discuss Billie's lyric-writing abilities compared to previous work or how newer GD songs including OEB more generally compare to the greats on 21CB, AI or earlier albums, I think we have every reason to be optimistic in terms of mixing, mastering and overall production of the new album and that is honestly already really satisfying in its own way. 

Production can make or break an album, no doubt. 

This is still a demo too. And from like 2020 or 2021. It might not even end up on the album, for all we know. And if it does, it could sound very different still (either for the better or for the worse)

14 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

This is still a demo too. And from like 2020 or 2021. It might not even end up on the album, for all we know. And if it does, it could sound very different still (either for the better or for the worse)

:thumbsup: 

Thing is, I think it is, along with the short official studio leaks we've heard so far and especially taking into account the album staffing (Cavallo and CLA) at this point a pretty solid body of evidence to base a tentative prediction regarding production on. As you say, it is all subject to change, but I would argue that based on everything so far, we can fairly safely expect the next album to sound better than FOAM, RevRad or the trilogy, production-wise. I don't think we can make any judgment as to whether it will sound as good as 21CB (which still had its issues) or AI or say Warning/Nimrod though. That remains to be seen. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The lyrics are on genius. The leak has been mentioned here, on the subreddit, the GD discord, greenday.fm forum. It's just a matter of time before it's out there and easy for everyone to find

I'm floored that this is just a demo. It doesn't sound "complete" in the mixed/mastered sense, but it does sound worlds beyond, say, the 21CB demo

Some users on Discord are saying that there are 2 other leaks in addition to OEB, has anyone been able to listen to them? What do you think about it?

• Like 3

Just now, DearlyBeloved87 said:

Some users on Discord are saying that there are 2 other leaks in addition to OEB, has anyone been able to listen to them? What do you think about it?

I've seen no evidence to support that claim.

2 minutes ago, DearlyBeloved87 said:

Yes 2 others song has been leaked as well.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 3