1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

From the 19 seconds I heard, it seems very FOAM-esque. More party music. Different sound but I was kind of hoping they’d get back to Marshall amps and echoing drum thumping.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yup the 11 seconds clip is better. Maybe because it's the chorus.

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

If this is a song from 2020 I don't even think it's gonna be on 1972.

Maybe OEB will never be released 👀

Maybe he'd rework it into a new song

Yeah if you weren't impressed by the 12 second clip, the 7 second clip is not going to change your mind. Honestly, it might be more likely than not that this song doesn't even appear on the album. Because to me, this seems closer to FOAMF than it is to the teasers of 1972 we've heard. Of course it is from 2020? Or 2021? I suppose it makes sense that it sounds more like FOAMF but each album they've done has sounded somewhat different from the previous in terms of vocals, production etc. And with Rob and CLA back, I can't say I expect this to just be FOAMF no. 2

Regardless of whether this song is on the album or not, I don't want this to be indicative of the sound of the album. I thought the first clip was ok. The 2nd clip, while it is just 7 seconds, is really just nothing worth talking about imo. It is still just a demo though, if the song does appear on the album, the final version could still sound pretty different

• Like 3

Aren't we not allowed to be offering or asking for the leaked song on here? I assume that includes clips. 🤔

Also, the song really doesn't sound anything like any of the songs or production on FOAM (how people are saying that is beyond me), it's closest to the sound and style of Say Goodbye, but also reminiscent of EJN and Holiday.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, M1KEY said:

Aren't we not allowed to be offering or asking for the leaked song on here? I assume that includes clips. 

Are you scared of not being one of the 2 people on GDC to have hear it anymore? :P

i swear I'm gonna have it. It started with 12 seconds. Now I have 7 seconds. I don't care if I need 78 different snippets of this song I'm gonna have it in full one day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, M1KEY said:

I've wondered if maybe it was a possible standalone single like Shock or Pollyanna.  And maybe the similarities to P!nk and Iggy Pop are a reason why it never came out. Who knows.

It's possible the band had some standalone songs ready to go, but decided to either hold them for the album or scrap them entirely.  And with the leakage, they've decided to just hold off until for a full album thing.    They're an album band, after all.  

As far as the One Eyed Monster never being released, @Little Boy Named Booze  maybe it could end up on a B-Sides collection in the future alongside such classics as Tony the Tiger, Hot Foot Jamboree and a studio version of We Are The Champions.   Badabing Badaboom.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Are you scared of not being one of the 2 people on GDC to have hear it anymore? :P

Yes, if I'm not elite there's no point. LOL No, I hope everyone gets to hear it as I've said before, but I don't want GDC to get in trouble or shut down or anything like that. Or members suspended or banned for anything.

Oh and there's way more than just two of us, that's for sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Waiting this long with nothing is frustrating and then just boring.

Teasing so early and then dropping off of Instagram etc without anything is so boring.

Even if a No Fun Mondays dropped right now the fans would lose it. 

That would be amazing.

Maybe there’s a lot going on behind the scenes. Or the band and their lives are extremely boring congratulations on their complacency and retirement at such a young age.

• Like 1

For God’s sake Green Day could you just drop anything about 1972?? I’m tired on set all my passwords with the 1972 in it since three years ago and you still haven’t released anything 🙄🙄🙄

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Even if a No Fun Mondays dropped right now the fans would lose it. 

That would be amazing.

Maybe we'll get a Tina Turner cover. ❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

Maybe we'll get a Tina Turner cover. ❤️

May she RIP

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I'm not even interested in the OEB song anymore tbh. From what I've heard, they can keep it. I know I know im cynical 

well it is a leftover from 2020 and it does sound a lot like foam.  the 12 second snippet reminds me of ready aim.  I hope it won't be in the new album

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Macys said:

well it is a leftover from 2020 and it does sound a lot like foam.  the 12 second snippet reminds me of ready aim.  I hope it won't be in the new album

Not like FOAM whatsoever.

• Like 4

You’ve already been asked not to offer/ask for clips/the leaked song on GDC. Please respect the rules, thanks! :) 

• Like 2

I'm just hoping we get answers really soon!! Maybe they'd follow the current format where bands would release a single way before their albums. Maybe a single in the summer, a second one for the fall, and then the album in, let's say, February?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I'm just hoping we get answers really soon!!

Father of all was announced in September and came out in February. 5 months. I'm thinking we get a announcement around that time if it's coming out next year. 

Speculation: Announcement anywhere from August to November. Release anywhere from February to June. But who fuckin knows at this point 

• Like 2

What really piss me off is that people think they do it like before with the announcement and appearing. Queens Of The Stone Age announced their new album two weeks ago and it will be released on June 16th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Don't give up guys we have 19 seconds of a 2:52 song.
I'm going for more today again!

Are you slowly mining it out an underground cave or the side of a mountain?  😄 

I'm doing digital skydiving and grabbing little song notes out of the matrix ether but alas.  

Also for a Father of All B-Side.  

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Also for a Father of All B-Side

Called 'Mother of None'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Only heard the 7 second clip and that’s not enough to judge anything. Sounds decent though, would rather listen to that 7 seconds than most of FOAM 😂

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Only heard the 7 second clip and that’s not enough to judge anything. Sounds decent though, would rather listen to that 7 seconds than most of FOAM 😂

Why? I'm not a fan of FOAM but I don't see how that clip is an improvement

• Like 3

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic