1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

40 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

To be honest Panicland did a really great job. Kudos to them. That was the best prank GDC ever had.

all the mootik stuff was a high-effort troll, thats why i hate panicland even more 😅

as for the (snippet-)leak, DM appreciated :)

• Like 1

There is also a youtube link of this song but it doesn't work anymore due to copyright infringement I guess

3 minutes ago, Verycool99 said:

The return of the handclaps is sure to set a few people off 

The handclaps would have to go away before they could return.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Dw, here it is 

https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

I wish it was this, at least this one works. I don't know if I can post the link I'm talking about. Video link title is Green Day-One Eyed Bastard (1972 Song Leak)

2 minutes ago, Rodrigo Arvez said:

I wish it was this, at least this one works. I don't know if I can post the link I'm talking about. Video link title is Green Day-One Eyed Bastard (1972 Song Leak)

Don't see it anywhere 

GDC, we are back! 

.....are we going to talk about how we cheated with greenday.fm.....maybe make like The Who and do a whole Quick One While He's Away situation.  We are ALL Forgiven!!!!!!!! 

We can have our cake and eat it too, right?  Just as long as it isn't filled with leakage?

• Like 2

Is it not just a coincidence that the site went down as everyone was asking for the song or was it actually the time of the month to pay the bill?

Welcome back gdc (why does this site sometimes has these outages? Not the first time)

As for the leak, the 12 seconds (especially the beginning) sound like holiday? I just heard it 2-3 times, but i think the first chords have almost the same powerchord progression and rhythm as holiday, sounds exciting!

But i wont judge their whole sound/song/lp just by this.

Imagine having a 12 sec snippet leak of foams sugar youth for example, everyone would probably think foam would become as punchy as AI (we all know the end of the story sadly lol)

But i also feel sorry for them, leaks suck in the end, its not how you want the public to experience your new music for the first time ever, i read that its Crush again who fucked up and got hacked?

• Like 2

I suppose I can understand when rumours that there's some sort of song out there that hasn't been heard. Particularly after the disappointing news that the new album is not imminent and we'll have to wait till 2024.

If that's what you want to do, that's cool. But imho you seem to be chasing your tail for a song that may or not be complete, new or old, relevant or not relevant to the new album. But hay what do I know.

I'm happy to wait till the band release something official, when they want it out there. Less hassle.

All I'm looking forwards to is three things in my hand, a new single, a new album and a ticket to their new album live show.

• Like 1

Welcome back everyone! Please don't ask me for the leak cuz I don't have it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Montclare said:

I think I'm the only other GDCer not to hear it, so if anyone wants to send me anything... Not that I'm asking. :)

You're not. :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

Welcome back gdc (why does this site sometimes has these outages? Not the first time)

As for the leak, the 12 seconds (especially the beginning) sound like holiday? I just heard it 2-3 times, but i think the first chords have almost the same powerchord progression and rhythm as holiday, sounds exciting!

But i wont judge their whole sound/song/lp just by this.

Imagine having a 12 sec snippet leak of foams sugar youth for example, everyone would probably think foam would become as punchy as AI (we all know the end of the story sadly lol)

But i also feel sorry for them, leaks suck in the end, its not how you want the public to experience your new music for the first time ever, i read that its Crush again who fucked up and got hacked?

Idk if this is a hot take but Sugar Youth is pretty overrated. If that's the best FOAM has to offer, then it's no wonder it's such a mediocre album. There are better songs on FOAMF though imo like Graffitia & Stab You in the Heart

The snippet sucks. Hope this isn’t the direction they’re going in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

6 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Best part of the snippet is when billie sings "put a bratwurst in a blender"

/jk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I don't think it's awful. But it's probably one of the earliest songs from the album (if it actually even appears on the album). And it's just a demo

Idk if this is necessarily indicative of the sound the album will have and I don't think we can judge the song, album or sound they're going for just in a 12 second clip

• Like 1

🎵 On your feet while you're kissing my ring 🎵

• Like 1

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

🎵 On your feet while you're kissing my ring 🎵

It’s on your knees

• Like 3

I heard the snippet on Tumblr, is the full song actually leaked now too?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s on your knees

Yeah I forgot you had the full song to learn :P

• Like 1