1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

3 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Yeah I'd rather just have gdc be dead I think 

GDC just hibernates until some good info comes out. No need to wake us up for no reason

Edited by Macys
  • Like 2

That sounded like old Green Day, I have kerplunk vibes. Billie’s falssetos just nailed it!! Thanks random gdc user!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is a leak that appeared back when this project was first being teased. If you know you know, that’s all I’m saying.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Surprised 1

29 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

There is a leak that appeared back when this project was first being teased. If you know you know, that’s all I’m saying.

The only actual leaks I remember are from Billie himself, when he accidentally posted a picture of his camera roll with the 1972 doodle and this studio video in his IG story. 

And also this cover of the Beach Boys’ I Get Around

By the way, I was just wondering if this is the full band or just Billie messing around in his home studio himself.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Are we talking the ~10 second one? 

Either way yep I've heard something as well (again only 10 seconds, nothing to get excited about), (re?)surfaced a few months ago but as far as I can gather it's at least one or two years old. I don't reckon it's anything related to this project in its current form

Edited by PluckyJokerhead
clarity

1 hour ago, BratReject23 said:

That sounded like old Green Day, I have kerplunk vibes. Billie’s falssetos just nailed it!! Thanks random gdc user!

Ah man, Kerplunk vibes are one of the few directions I am NOT okay with.    DISGUSTING.   I'd rather hear police sirens.   Well, at least it's not "Haushinka" vibes, so that's good. 

and the falsettos I like.   Are these hand claps? and uncut Rock?

18 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No, a full song. And it was confirmed at the time to be on the new album although plans could have changed with the way this project has gone.

Come again? When did a full song leak? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

At least several months prior to the start of the #1972 teasing, which started in December of 2021. Makes me think there could have been an EP after FOAM and this song was on it.

I have no idea if the song, in one form or another, is destined for the next album. I would think not due to the timing but as we've seen countless times with this band, old ideas can come back up years or decades later and be used in some form.

Huh I must have somehow missed it unless it was kept on the low here

• Like 1

Must've been kept on the very down low indeed. Very curious as to whether that's still floating around somewhere 🤔

Makes you wonder why we all keep coming back here when the band gives us fuck all to dicuss and apparently we even miss the leaks  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

A full song leaked and nobody on GDC talked about it. Yeah, right. 

This song isn't even available ANYWHERE on the internet. Nobody downloaded the song or anything. Yeah, right again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do remember Jason saying he heard a song back then but it didn’t sound like he had a copy to share. It lines up but I’m also surprised it hasn’t gotten out after all this time.

• Like 1

For people who heard the leak back then: is it different from last gd works?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, legendary said:

He's right about the vocals. 

his vocals are sweeter than wine

15 hours ago, Flynn said:

So I guess this can somewhat confirm the thing about vocal issues not having a play into it, since I heard stuff about that being thrown around.

the ability to sing Basket Case proves nothing, it's the higher notes in his more modern style that are the issue.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

A full song leaked and nobody on GDC talked about it. Yeah, right. 

This song isn't even available ANYWHERE on the internet. Nobody downloaded the song or anything. Yeah, right again.

If you want it to get even more interesting a clip of it made it onto discord and no one said a word about that somehow. Message ended up deleted, but was just waiting on someone to say something and never did. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Am I being fucked with? If theyre are actual leaks wouldn't this entire site have gone nuclear by now? After everything?

you're not being fucked with, but also we don't know if the leak is from the new album or was one of those standalone single options or something else. also it's the "tightest" leak i've ever known.

5 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

so is what you guys are hearing 👍 or 😢?

think holiday, east jesus nowhere and say goodbye with a dash of p!nk and iggy pop

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

If you want it to get even more interesting a clip of it made it onto discord and no one said a word about that somehow. Message ended up deleted, but was just waiting on someone to say something and never did. 

Is there a GDC Discord? 

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic