1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

3 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Of course, Foam was released a month before the first US lockdown.

Well even the lead up to FOAM before the lockdown and release plus those billboards πŸ˜‚.Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Remember Billie talking about how much work 21st Century Breakdown was in Welcome to My Panic? How they put absolutely everything into that album and how draining that was;

They haven't quite gotten to that level since, and I have a feeling that they've come to terms with the fact that it does take a tremendous amount of effort in order to pull off a properly masterful Green Day album. This is all me spitballing but my gut tells me that after FOAMF, and based off the return of Cavallo, CLA and the AI references in the teasers -- they're trying to reach those heights again. I'm not trying to predict one way or another whether that will be successful, but I get that idea.

As such I'm thinking that we're seeing them work on this record for so long without any solid announcements, aside from a few hints to keep us fans busy, is because they're trying to achieve a balance where, yes, they put a ridiculous amount of effort into their next record: but also they get to keep having actual lives and families alongside that. Especially with the tour that just finished last year I think it's fairly unreasonable to expect that they've been working on the record 24/7 since we saw the initial teasers in 2021, and if they had been then we all know the toll that would take and how ultimately that's not a great path to go down for anybody.

In summary - yes, we might have to wait until next year, but I do expect that there's a reason for that and I truly believe at the very least we're getting a project that has some real scope to it. One of my favourite things about Green Day for the most part is that when you listen to their music you can tell that they've considered every detail - every last chord, lead line, bass part, lyric or drum fill. And ultimately even if I have to wait another three years for that I think it'll be worth the wait.

2027.Β  Holy Toledo, by then we should definitely be talking about Album 15.Β  Β I can go ahead and open a new thread for those of us who are before our time πŸ˜‰

Saviors is coming... within 4 years of today.Β  Great.Β 

Β 

410 guys. I wanna see 500 by the weekend guys.Β  Keep the hints coming.

• Haha 1

So what do u think will release first?

Β 

Green Day Single

OrΒ 

Β 

Gta 6 TrailerΒ 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Oh Billie's in London? That must mean the single is coming any day now... Right? Right??

I just spit out my drink. Thank you for the laugh today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Oh Billie's in London? That must mean the single is coming any day now... Right? Right??

I think it means that he’s gonna go to Liverpool for Eurovision on Saturday, and will announce that the new album is gonna in the style of early 2000s Brit-popΒ 

• Like 3

He’s been blonde for a while now I wonder if it will be permanent for this show cycle

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DanagedGoods said:

I think it means that he’s gonna go to Liverpool for Eurovision on Saturday, and will announce that the new album is gonna in the style of early 2000s Brit-popΒ 

Can confirm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

It does if it's true Billie is being treated for vocal chord degradation. I'm sure they want to give him the time he needs to recover before promoting an album and then going out on a world tour. Mould make perfect sense.

I wish they would just fill us in if that’s really what’s going on.

If the album comes out this year I will absolutely DEMOLISH my nimrod in a blender

• Like 1

1972:Β Β 

1. Chord Degridation!Β 

2. Britney's Yungblud

3. Delay, Delay, Delay (Echo)

4. F.G.D.C.

5.Β  Speculation Day

6.Β  Sometime In 2023

7.Β  Whenever We Want

8.Β  Break A Tre

9.Β  The Insiders

10.Β  I've Been Around Since 19-Freaking-72 And All I Got Was This Lousy Album

Β 

Β 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, That Dude said:

1972:Β Β 

1. Chord Degridation!Β 

2. Britney's Yungblud

3. Delay, Delay, Delay (Echo)

4. F.G.D.C.

5.Β  Speculation Day

6.Β  Sometime In 2023

7.Β  Whenever We Want

8.Β  Break A Tre

9.Β  The Insiders

10.Β  I've Been Around Since 19-Freaking-72 And All I Got Was This Lousy Album

Β 

Β 

Eventually, one of your random tracklists is going to be right. Just based on the amount of tracklists you make

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Eventually, one of your random tracklists is going to be right. Just based on the amount of tracklists you make

F.G.D.C for the win!Β 

I guess the people that used to tell me to stop have all hidden me OR the morale is now so low here that nobody cares.Β  Β 

Well, nobody cares
Well, nobody cares
Does anyone care if nobody cares?
Well, nobody cares
Well, nobody cares
Does anyone care if nobody cares?

Jesus filling out paperwork now
At the facility on East 12th Street
He's not listening to a word now
He's in his own world and he's daydreaming
He'd rather be doing something else now
Like cigarettes and coffee with the underbelly
His life's on the line with anxiety now
'Cause she had enough and he had plenty

Somebody get me out of here
Anybody get me out of here
Somebody get me out of here

Β 

I want a song called green is your new favorite color

They never lean into the green enough ;(

Yay Billie's in my country !!Β :woot:

But also, ew theres an extra sex pest in my countryΒ :bad:

Β 

I wonder if there's any other bands where you can tell what stage of the album cycle they're at by their hair colour :lol: I wonder if he does it on purpose now as a hint lmaooo

• Like 1

It's gonna be a while, and most of you guys haven't even worn out your FOAM cds yet.Β  Kool-Aid's my motto, oh yeah!Β  I'm blasting it tonight while I use my punching bag and go insane in the living room.Β  Darn good work out music, try it!Β  Β Can I get a witness?Β  Β I took a walk so I don't have to do what Billie says is the alternative, woo-hoo!Β  Β Once we're in shape we can have a FOAM smoothie party.Β  Oh yeah!Β  Β This city isn't big enough for dreamers.Β 

• Haha 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic