1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I’m looking for confirmation but the official site says the artists haven’t been announced yet

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m looking for confirmation but the official site says the artists haven’t been announced yet

Same...last year's wasn't officially announced until June I think.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Strange. Maybe someone jumped the gun and aired the commercial too soon

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Strange. Maybe someone jumped the gun and aired the commercial too soon

Or it’s the NFL Draft concerts all over again and just a rumor or misinformation 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Or it’s the NFL Draft concerts all over again and just a rumor or misinformation 

Yeah but this time, like I said, I actually heard it in a commercial

CLA confirms expected 2023 release

https://www.musicconnection.com/qa-with-chris-lord-alge/?fbclid=IwAR1NmGRmLJl0vfM3F8cfUCh7fqfksDDwDbP0md8OfqXH4X1DSEB827SlJZs

The new Green Day record [expected in late 2023], (the band and I have really upped our game). 

As far as mixing, I’ve got the new Green Day record [expected out end of 2023] that we’re almost done with. It’ll probably come out toward the end of the year.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, dirnt286 said:

https://www.musicconnection.com/qa-with-chris-lord-alge/?fbclid=IwAR1NmGRmLJl0vfM3F8cfUCh7fqfksDDwDbP0md8OfqXH4X1DSEB827SlJZs

The new Green Day record [expected in late 2023], (the band and I have really upped our game). 

As far as mixing, I’ve got the new Green Day record [expected out end of 2023] that we’re almost done with. It’ll probably come out toward the end of the year.

It's an interview from January 2023. Their plans changed.
The other interview was from August 2nd and said early 2024.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, dirnt286 said:

That conversation was from two days and four pages ago:

Try and keep up 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's an interview from January 2023. Their plans changed.
The other interview was from August 2nd and said early 2024.

May 2nd bro

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dirnt286 said:

56 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That conversation was from two days and four pages ago:

Try and keep up 😂

46 minutes ago, BratReject23 said:

May 2nd bro

24 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Why the fuck did I say August

I just hope we get some actual confirmation real soon!!!

30 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I just hope we get some actual confirmation real soon!!!

Any sort of confirmation probably isn’t coming until September at least. We’re probably headed for the same stupid promotional cycle at FOAM. 

• Like 1

We all need some rest from this exhausting search for 1972.  There's actually NO Green Day in the mix, but there's 10 Punk songs and one is Pinhead Gunpowder.   And while they CLAIM to have Billie Joe, I don't think he's in that band.   Billie joe isn't in the Tubbies, The Network, The Longshots, Pinhead, Rodeo Queens.   It's just a bunch of guys that look like that. 

10 minutes ago, Cunt said:

Any sort of confirmation probably isn’t coming until September at least. We’re probably headed for the same stupid promotional cycle at FOAM. 

I'm hoping for an August/September single and an October album

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I'm hoping for an August/September single and an October album

Dude that's not going to happen.

September is probably the earliest we might get an announcement and/or single. And even if we do get a single in September, that probably means that there's going to be a pretty long gap between single and album. Because the album isn't coming until 2024

• Like 2

Well The Offspring released their single Coming For You in 2015 for their album Bad Times Roll in 2021.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 3:08 PM, Sanity Loan said:

Yay, another nine months of odd ramblings, drug-inspired fake tracklists, and talking in circles about the same stuff.

i hear ya , big time. 

I’m all for free speech and all that but at the same time i am completely in favour of Archiving/Locking this thread and a new “1972 Era” thread being started…

11 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Well The Offspring released their single Coming For You in 2015 for their album Bad Times Roll in 2021.

The Offspring should announce that their new album is called “1972”…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

I’m all for free speech and all that but at the same time i am completely in favour of Archiving/Locking this thread and a new “1972 Era” thread being started…

We should probably change the name of this thread back to "Album 14 Speculation Thread", based on the speculation we heard about the possibility of a title change

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Green Day will announce “New single coming Sept 19th” and @GDFan2019 will still be like “I think a single is coming on August.”

GDfan: "Maybe the single will leak 2 months early"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If new album is being released early 2024, like January or February, then promotion could start by September the least. BUT early 2024 could mean April 30th too. So don’t surprise if get nothing for the rest of 2023 and we have to embrace that option too :(

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/7/2023 at 5:53 AM, AlienVisitor said:

I really and seriously hope they don't include songs like Pollyana on album 14. Anything but that plss

Same.

Sum 41 breaking up gives me a weird feeling about Green Day.      I think it was Jillie Bow Legweak that said "we all die threes".     Is Blink-182 third?  Is that why they reunited with Tom?   They knew the end was near?   Did Green Day actually "kill pop punk"?   

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic