Now I'm sold....

bought and paid in 1972! 

ooooh  ooooooh ooooooh

oh yeah 1972

Whatcha doing drinking lemonade 

1972! 

oooooooooooooh poop! 

I got grenades and got a wrist watch! 

It cost a lot but I got my heart blotched!

oh yeah, 1972! 

Take your social media down tonight

Leave your tinder burning bright, oh yeah

alright! 

1972!

Hearts! Forgive! You! 

oh yeah, 1972! 

oh yeah 1972! 

(Tre Cool on vocals)

oh Snoo! 

1972 is coming! 

Oh no, MIke Dirnt's running! 

Billie Joe, oh no don't leave! 

I caught my heart on your sleeve

ooooh

blood, blood everywhere

I thought she was hot but she stare

oh yeah

oh yeah

that's right. 

1972!  

2 hours ago, legendary said:

It's not really an attempt, is an AI cover:

We no longer need Green Day because we have THIS.  We can just all make our own version of their next album where they sound like a yoyo when saying "awAy"

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 10:22 AM, Cunt said:

Billie having vocal issues is really unlikely in my opinion. I don’t think he’d be doing cover up shows on the side of it was really that serious. Also his vocals chords haven’t really been under that much stress over the last two years with a less rigorous touring schedule. Could the rumor be true? Sure. But I don’t think it’s really that likely. 

Really?  Have you heard him in the last year or so? Watching videos of their (stale) festival performances it's pretty obvious to me his vocals aren't what they used to be. If he is having issues with them, I hope and I'm sure he's getting the care he needs. And if that means we have to wait for a tour or even for the album, so be it. 

10 hours ago, WilliamWes said:

While I'd like to hear brand new music too, I think Green Day is going to give us a lot more time to digest the stopgap 'Nimrod' box release.  That was only a few months ago.   That release proved that no new single or album is coming anytime soon.   

Getting some unreleased tracks, a whole lotta demos, and a full live show from 1997 is enough to tide me over while I wait.  (And the new book LOL)

Just gonna put this out there... Nimrod was released on October 14 (if I recall correctly) but they released the 25th anniversary edition in January. Why not wait til October? Aaaaaaaaaand go! :P

**EDIT** GDFan2019 reminded me the 25th anniversary was last October, not this coming October. So fuck me and ignore me. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

Just gonna put this out there... Nimrod was released on October 14 (if I recall correctly) but they released the 25th anniversary edition in January. Why not wait til October? Aaaaaaaaaand go! :P

Actually October 14, 2022 was the anniversary date but for some reason, the box set got delayed until January and they just released the Allison single in October

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Actually October 14, 2022 was the anniversary date but for some reason, the box set got delayed until January and they just released the Allison single in October

Manufacturing delay because all the Taylor swift pressings needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

LOL Well there went my maths. You're totally right. *facepalm*

• Like 1

I hope "Sound the Alarm" is on 1972 right alongside the Oasis cover.  

;)

3 hours ago, M1KEY said:
On 4/24/2023 at 11:22 AM, Cunt said:

Really?  Have you heard him in the last year or so? Watching videos of their (stale) festival performances it's pretty obvious to me his vocals aren't what they used to be. If he is having issues with them, I hope and I'm sure he's getting the care he needs. And if that means we have to wait for a tour or even for the album, so be it. 

I was baked when I wrote that. So baked in fact that I forgot the last year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cunt said:

I was baked when I wrote that. So baked in fact that I forgot the last year. 

Was you having a GREEN DAY? 😏😏

• Like 2

23 hours ago, disturbedtoo said:

What's this? I'd love to hear the whole song, I dig it.

1 minute ago, frankoz said:

What's this? I'd love to hear the whole song, I dig it.

Ah it's just the fade away song :D sorry

• Like 1

It’s the end of April, so for there to be a summer tour, there would have to be an announcement in May, right?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

It’s the end of April, so for there to be a summer tour, there would have to be an announcement in May, right?

Right. I'm hoping for a single release latest on May 26th Friday. If not, I wont be expecting until late August. As for release of the album, I still think it will be   sometime during September-October rather than a winter or spring 2024 release. Just waiting and watching...

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Right. I'm hoping for a single release latest on May 26th Friday. If not, I wont be expecting until late August. As for release of the album, I still think it will be   sometime during September-October rather than a winter or spring 2024 release. Just waiting and watching...

That would be awesome, although that is Memorial Day Weekend, so maybe Friday, May 19th?

• Like 3

Seems like we're getting an official announcement for GTA 6 even before we get to know something about 1972. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/26/2023 at 5:05 PM, WilliamWes said:

I'm stepping back and looking at the bigger picture because I was just on another forum where there is 171 pages of pleading for a new McCartney archive set.  Compared to him who has no new or old product, at least we're getting product in some way - and not just normal product but a lavish boxset that's been their biggest vinyl release if I'm not mistaken.  If that Nimrod boxset sells, then that opens the door for a possible 30th anniversary fancy schmancy Dookie boxset or a 20th anniversary American Idiot boxset or some other album.  These are important to Green Day's legacy and at least they realized they teased 1972 too early and gave us something to make up for the lack of new album.  

We are the hardcore Green Day fans.  I am slutty enough to take anything Green Day want to give me!  Everything's a cherished treasure to me and I don't take it for granted.  I also don't take for granted Green Day are alive and healthy enough to create a new album - I have patience.  Some of my favorite artists are dead and all there is is archive material and I feel lucky to get that stuff.  All of it matters - whether's it a BBC Sessions or a Nimrod box or 1972 or Green Day playing as The Coverups.  We have over 200 songs- like you say - hundreds of concerts to play around with while we wait for one single new album.  As long as they're alive and well and are intending to release it at some point, I don't mind waiting a long time for this moment to come.

The book part was just me joking around about reading my own new book, 'Green Day: Every Album, Every Song' that just got released.  

Thanks for compiling this excellent book. Love the detailed description of every GD song. Great photos in centre of book. Well impressed. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, pcj said:

Thanks for compiling this excellent book. Love the detailed description of every GD song. Great photos in centre of book. Well impressed. Thank you.

Thanks so much!  It was a load of fun and I had to make sure it wasn't just rehashing the same old stuff - I don't like getting too technical with the music side but I think I found some new elements that hadn't been discussed.  I did dive deep with the lyrical analysis so the albums got a fresh perspective - like Nimrod being an album filled with marriage problems and Billie Joe's first problems with alcohol-at least half a dozen alcohol references when including the B-sides.   Or how a change to a major label drastically altered the lyrics that went from vulnerable bedroom sadness to angry bedroom boredom to the physical gory metaphors used in Insomniac etc.   The number of pages is set by the publisher and Green Day's 200 plus songs take up most of the book so the side projects, solo stuff, DVDs, and live material only got a little room.

I chose most of the photos - my favorite might be the cop car in mid-air from the Walking Contradiction video - but I was somewhat ill during the finalizing so the publishing company Sonicbond helped me complete that section and they presented it well.  One photo I couldn't get in was Billie Joe holding a big piece of mud with hay sticking out of it at Woodstock 94.  You can see it here: https://www.facebook.com/100462463015591/photos/a.100538206341350/121079137620590/

For the book cover, I had Kerplunk, Dookie, American Idiot, and Revolution Radio as the 4 albums to represent each era but they switched out 'Kerplunk' for '21st Century Breakdown' - maybe cause it goes better with the color scheme.

Thanks again for the positive feedback!

• Love 1

On 4/11/2023 at 3:43 PM, legendary said:

Hmm

Whats this accounts success rate in predicting this type of news?

34 minutes ago, dirnt286 said:

People before stated it’s a fake account given such a low number of followers and tweets.

35 minutes ago, dirnt286 said:

0%

The only reliable source from twitter outside of an official announcement is hasitleaked 

And we’d probably already know if they did

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

This is obviously fake, but it's one of the best concepts I've seen so far.

It's not an attempt at a fake just fan artwork. It's pretty good. I certainly couldn't do any better

I do find like 75% of fan artwork, costumes, and tattoos on the subreddit to be completely cringe. I guess it just comes with having such a young fanbase

• Like 3

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic