1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

War veterans have ‘Nam and Afghanistan haunting them deep within the darkness of their psyche.

GDC has the FOAM era. We are a broken people.

• Haha 2

I finally figured it out!  Once we get this thread to 1,972 pages Green Day will release the album!  So please keep trying to decipher every little thing they post and continue posting these nonsensical track lists and the album will be here in no time!

• Haha 1

The west coast is just starting their day, so if anything were to be announced today it could be around 12ET? I'm being way too optimistic lol

• Like 1

We could place bets at which page of this thread the album will be announced. And the person who is the closest gets a GD-related price 😄

1 minute ago, Flashback said:

We could place bets at which page of this thread the album will be announced. And the person who is the closest gets a GD-related price 😄

• Like 3

I guess the announcement will be made  only next year. They have many shows to do with that Hella mega setlist, specially that one 'when we're young'. 

• Sad 1

If this rumor about Billie’s voice issues is verified, it could have caused an unexpected delay.  He’s stopped drinking and slimmed down since last tour. Maybe he thought he’d be ready physically and he’s not.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Maybe we're getting a single or two this summer, album in fall or winter and a proper tour next year. If they were touring this year they would've announced it by now.

• Like 3

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

They just played the Innings Festival a little over a month ago. From the clips I’ve seen, his voice sounded fine!!! I’m calling BS on the rumor

Yeah but one show is not a months long tour

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Arnel said:

If they were touring this year they would've announced it by now.

Honestly. If they were touring in July, wouldn’t they need to sell tickets in advance? That’s about 80 days from now.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

They just played the Innings Festival a little over a month ago. From the clips I’ve seen, his voice sounded fine!!! I’m calling BS on the rumor

Someone might seem “fine” for a one-off but it’s doesn’t mean they actually are “fine” overall.

47 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah but one show is not a months long tour

That one show could even draw out the recovery time of there is something wrong.

Hopefully nothing is wrong and I’m jumping to conclusions again as is necessary as a GDC member. 

• Like 1

With no news yet and the holiday period nearly over, maybe it's time for a reset.

What do we really know, where are we now, what has been confirmed as true. And should that be the basis of any speculation?

Jan 10/23 – New info from a close band source: despite the 1972 name teases, album 14 does not have a title yet and they are still “in the middle” of working on the new record. FACT

Feb 28/23 – Chris Lorde-Alge who mixed Nimrod, American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown and Uno/Dos/Tre, has posted a picture from the studio featuring Green Day in the past couple of days. Chris is posing with Mike and Tre while Album 14 producer Rob Cavallo sits on the chair in the background. FACT

With no further official written update then nothing has changed. (Unless I've missed something)

So, what of the future. These are the confirmed tour dates for the rest of the year so far:

JUL 14, 2023. Harley Davidson Homecoming Milwaukee, WI

JUL 16, 2023. Festival d'été de Québec Quebec City, Canada

SEP 24, 2023. Louder Than Life Louisville, KY

OCT 21, 2023. When We Were Young Las Vegas, NV

OCT 22, 2023. When We Were Young Las Vegas, NV

So, between now and Jul 14, or Sep 24, or Oct 21, what needs to be confirmed since Feb 28, (again unless I've missed something), that studio recording is finished? 

When that's confirmed, is it fair to say, only after that date can we move on to any sort of release info and album tour dates?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, pcj said:

JUL 14, 2023. Harley Davidson Homecoming Milwaukee, WI

JUL 16, 2023. Festival d'été de Québec Quebec City, Canada

Looking at these festival dates, I noticed these 2 festivals are only 2 days apart!!! And any time they tour, their shows are always spread out 2-3 days apart given the proximity of each city!!! And in the past year, all the festivals they played were always weeks to months apart!!! Guys, I think we're in for a tour real soon!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

In fairness to those who thought something would be announced around Easter, that TikTok very much hinted that being the case. Sure, you could argue it was “random emojis”, but I think there was a clear intention (along with the caption) for us to expect something this week. If nothing comes of it, it’s just trolling on behalf of their social media team, and honestly I find it a bit distasteful given how long they’ve been teasing this project and how patient we’ve all been.

I would agree that those emojis seem rather leading. However, I don't use much social media and don't understand emoji culture or how Tik Tok works in terms of getting views for posts.

41 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

In fairness to those who thought something would be announced around Easter, that TikTok very much hinted that being the case. Sure, you could argue it was “random emojis”, but I think there was a clear intention (along with the caption) for us to expect something this week. If nothing comes of it, it’s just trolling on behalf of their social media team, and honestly I find it a bit distasteful given how long they’ve been teasing this project and how patient we’ve all been.

Which is why I think something unexpected might have interfered with those plans (or something is still coming this week)

• Like 4

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic