1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

7 minutes ago, DanagedGoods said:

Totally didn't find this in the recesses of the internet... https://imgur.com/a/kKwh81Q

@That Dudeshould be happy if it's legit 

“The Lies We Used to Believe” 😆

By the way, Budala means fool in Croatian!! HAPPY APRIL FOOL’S DAY EVERYONE!!! 😆

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Damn I totally forgot!

You can't fool me, Moderator For A Day.  Haha

1972, just to stay on topic....uh it's coming sooner than some wrong people think and later than other people think, who are also wrong.   

1 hour ago, DanagedGoods said:

Totally didn't find this in the recesses of the internet... https://imgur.com/a/kKwh81Q

@That Dudeshould be happy if it's legit 

I hope that image is the actual cover art for the album.   Song titles and lengths on the front, that is an old school move that Green Day haven't flexed yet, and it's oh so cool.   I think Ready for the War will lead us into battle as the single.  

The two run times had me confused, but now I see the *.

I think a LOT of people are going to be frustrated.   The bonus track is exactly what the entire world wanted Green Day to do.   It could have been the biggest lead single by a longshot.   But they chose the more artistic route featured in the main tracklist, and I respect them for it.     It's definitley going to take some time to fully understand what I'm hearing here, but there are some immediate wins if you make it past the early stuff.  Open Heart and Let's Go balance the artistic whatever with Dookie and it's magical.   A few GDC users might think it's better than Dookie.   I think Decaying Youth is my favorite, but I love the whole dystopian thing.   

and July 28th, 2023 is a good date. 

If that ends up being correct, I owe them a free copy of the album! 

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

By the way, Budala means fool in Croatian!! HAPPY APRIL FOOL’S DAY EVERYONE!!! 😆

The album could be called FOOL!  

I really think the quote from American Idiot will open up the album, and much like the album cover of FOAM, we'll be deconstructing the story of Idiot, while building a new one.   Idiot was a fictionalized depiction of Billie's coming of age.  

But 1972 will knock down the walls and tell us the real story.    

and that was that.   or so it seemed.  is this the end or the beginning?   all I know is, she was right.   I am an idiot.  It's even on my birth certificate in so many words.  This is my rage.  This is my love.  This is my town.  This is my city.  This is my life.  

When Mike (that's right) says "she was right", Billie screams in the background "WRONG WAY!  I never liked you either you genocidal witch!" 

and we get the true story of American Idiot, where Amanda is the villian and she kind of pumped him full of drugs and idelogy just to destroy him. 

But the twists keep coming in this album that was delayed because they made a musical and movie at the same time as recording.  

2 hours of music. 

Gilman Street fans can feel comfortable returning to the fold.

Dookie fans will be impressed. 

Idiot fans rejoice.  

This is G.D.7.2.

Adam Bom.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RedundantIdiot said:

So excited for the new album!

I’m hoping they do an arena tour of the UK. Their choice of Leeds, Manchester, and Sheffield in 2017 was so strange as those cities are close to each other. I can’t see them doing Newcastle (the closest arena to me) for the 1st time since 2005, so I’m hoping they do Leeds. 

AFAIR they did London, Leeds and Manchester in Winter 2017 and eventually London & Sheffield in summer 2017.

• Like 2

My thermostat is on 72.   A little warm for my taste, but I feel like this is important to be a fan.  

Fan!  I could leave it on 72 but get fans!   Yes! 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, legendary said:

The new album called 'American Idiot Origins' is coming... 👀

Screenshot-20230401-132432-Instander.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqf72YhOzpA/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Any Men hits so gosh darn hard I cried until I couldn't cry anymore.   It changed my life on first listen.   Burn your birth certificates, this is 1972 Father of all bleepers!!!!!!  It's over!  We're underground!  We're too late.   This city' gone and I'm burdened.    Too much to analyze.   

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(also, I think that's my hand)

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

My thermostat is on 72.   A little warm for my taste, but I feel like this is important to be a fan.  

Fan!  I could leave it on 72 but get fans!   Yes! 

You could help the environment and reset to 19c 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcj said:

You could help the environment and reset to 19c 🤪

72 to 19.   1972!  

• Like 1

We are close.

For page 350.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

1972 era is over they’ve abandoned the project since the masters was stolen and to focus on everything that’s not Green Day 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I usually save these fake or not, because a few weeks before FOAM came out I did actually get the tracklist for the album which turned out to be right. The only difference was there was a song called "Idiot Love" which I think was either fake or just was unreleased.

4 hours ago, Banjodewulf said:

I usually save these fake or not, because a few weeks before FOAM came out I did actually get the tracklist for the album which turned out to be right. The only difference was there was a song called "Idiot Love" which I think was either fake or just was unreleased.

RevRad's tracklist also got leaked early and none of us believed that it was legit

Where did you see the tracklist from FOAM? Cause I don't think anyone else here saw that tracklist before the album was announced?

• Like 2

Let's say when GD release their new album, the music and the lyrics surpasses our hopes and expectations. It's a triumph and up their with AI & 21stC.

But what if like FOAM, there's only 10 tracks and lasts 26 minutes. Would that matter as long as the songs are good, or would it be a disappointment?

AI had 13 tracks lasting 57min'

21st C' 18 tracks, 78 min' and,

RevRad 12 tracks, 44 min'.

After just over 3 year wait since FOAM Is there an expectation of min number of tracks and total album time? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pcj said:

Let's say when GD release their new album, the music and the lyrics surpasses our hopes and expectations. It's a triumph and up their with AI & 21stC.

But what if like FOAM, there's only 10 tracks and lasts 26 minutes. Would that matter as long as the songs are good, or would it be a disappointment?

AI had 13 tracks lasting 57min'

21st C' 18 tracks, 78 min' and,

RevRad 12 tracks, 44 min'.

After just over 3 year wait since FOAM Is there an expectation of min number of tracks and total album time? 

I'm a firm believer that it's not the length that matters, it's what you do with the time you have that's important. Quality over quantity any day. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

1972 era is over they’ve abandoned the project since the masters was stolen and to focus on everything that’s not Green Day 

The Network had 1972 in their evil satchel when they traveled through time.   The time vortex altered the album into Omega 3000 and now Doctor Who is fighting Omega, trying to figure out how to get in to become a good, fun album.     

https://photobucket.com/u/thatdude03/p/357b31dd-24b5-49e3-8294-bacde0bcc55d

10 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

The has it leaked Twitter says that the album should be soon 

T'was from yesterday April Fool

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

The has it leaked Twitter says that the album should be soon 

Link? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Okay guys, now that April Fool's Day is over, do you think we should seriously expect something to happen this month?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Okay guys, now that April Fool's Day is over, do you think we should seriously expect something to happen this month?

What info do we have that would make that seem like a possibility?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sanity Loan said:

What info do we have that would make that seem like a possibility?

I mean, the recent rumors of the summer single and tour presales. I'm just thinking of the possibilities of at least an announcement

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic