1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

3 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Well now i am confused as the last time i was talking to Billie he said that Tre’s drum fills were far too heavy as they were .

Well, Billie also said that if Tre got heavier drums, Billie would get more distortion to his guitar to cover over the drums. 
So the new sound will basically make your ears bleed. But that's how they want the new sound to be since e v e r y b o d y comlpained about the trilogy sound. 

• Surprised 1

Thank god that they deleted here comes the shock. This is the best thing they did since Revolution Radio.

10 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Thank god that they deleted here comes the shock. This is the best thing they did since Revolution Radio.

I still see it here in the US

43 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I still see it here in the US

Damn lol that’s a shame

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I made a new thread about the Here Comes The Shock Spotify situation

There isn't really any need for a thread like this. Does anyone really even care about this absolute forgettable song being removed from Spotify for European users, probably just temporarily

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

So you're telling me I've got one less song to skip when my phone is on shuffle? Thanks

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Me just now: "Oh, a flurry of new replies in the 1972 thread. Maybe something finally happened?"

*Looks and sees discussion about "Here Comes the Shock"*

Why was I optimistic?

I really don’t know given you're an insider. What could we know that you didn’t already?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I really don’t know given you're an insider. What could we know that you didn’t already?

I think he really does know some details that he's not allowed to say at the moment

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I think he really does know some details that he's not allowed to say at the moment

Oh yeah? How did you find that out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I honestly know nothing at the moment. The whole thing is pretty hush-hush right now.

Oh wow!!! They're definitely going all in on this one!!!! This one is going to be special!!! By the way, how much did you know during our speculations of RevRad and FOAM?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Oh yeah? How did you find that out?

I mean, he does have a history of dropping little hints during RevRad and FOAM. But he just said everything is hush-hush this time

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

What makes you think that? The band not saying anything recently about the album really isn't an indication of anything. I love your enthusiasm but I just don't want you to get your hopes up and then get disappointed when they release a 30 minute, 10 song "album" full of "let's party and celebrate rock and roll" songs.

That would crush me 🥺

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

What makes you think that? The band not saying anything recently about the album really isn't an indication of anything. I love your enthusiasm but I just don't want you to get your hopes up and then get disappointed when they release a 30 minute, 10 song "album" full of "let's party and celebrate rock and roll" songs.

I'm just basing off the stuff we've heard so far.

A somber, nostalgic sounding song

Accidentally leaked by Billie on Instagram. Someone commented on this YouTube video, "Now THAT'S Green Day!!"

Produced by Rob Cavallo. And Billie comparing the song they're recording here to Letterbomb.

A heavier nostalgic sounding song. And Mike whispering, "They have no idea!"

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

From what little we have seen and heard I think it is safe to say this isn’t going to be one of those “off the cuff” albums like the trilogy and FOAM. Bringing Rob back in and seeing how active he’s being with feedback in the Letterbomb teaser signals a seriousness that would be a breath of fresh air. Tea leaves aren’t much but they are something

Cavallo produced the Trilogy too, and I’ve had a theory that the Trilogy would’ve been much bigger without the iHeart incident and Billie’s rehab.

• Like 4

I know HCTS is an unpopular and forgetable song, however I don't get the point to erase a song from digital platforms. We are not in the 90s, when PHYSICAL CD Singles were limited to get/buy... 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tomcat20 said:

As I said before and I‘m sorry to say it that clear: you unfortunately contribute nothing substantial to this topic and you only spread non-sense. Could you please cut back a bit? Or share it in another thread but this one? Thanks :) 

Lmao literally nobody is contributing anything substantial to the topic. Out of 329 pages, there's probably less than 10 posts that have anything to do with the new album :lol:

HCTS being removed seems odd. It's not really a significant song so I can't see it meaning anything.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, squinty bitch said:

Lmao literally nobody is contributing anything substantial to the topic. Out of 329 pages, there's probably less than 10 posts that have anything to do with the new album :lol:

HCTS being removed seems odd. It's not really a significant song so I can't see it meaning anything.

Must be an international licensing thing. Because we still have it here in the US

• Like 1

5 hours ago, squinty bitch said:

What new album? 😝

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Insomniac1984 said:

I know HCTS is an unpopular and forgetable song, however I don't get the point to erase a song from digital platforms. We are not in the 90s, when PHYSICAL CD Singles were limited to get/buy... 

Sounds like a European and probably a licensing thing. CDs, torrents, cassettes, and YouTube  exist and it is a forgettable song so   I’m not too worried. 

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic