1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

5 minutes ago, senti jamir said:

The only reason why we aren't getting any teasers is probably because the album is already DONE.

We've already heard snippets of 4-5 songs.

I think they dont want to give away too much

How much longer do you think they'll keep us waiting?

19 hours ago, ThranaM said:

The BIAB journey will not be complete until they release Homecoming from one of those two days.  
The sound/mixing is just so fantastic, but in true Green Day style they cut out the songs that we reaaally want.. 🤷‍♀️

They only played Homecoming on the second night - I was gutted when I found out! 

If my memory serves me right, they did play Maria on the Saturday night though, which was a nice surprise. I think it was there they played it anyway,it was certainly on one of the AI shows I was at. 90% sure it was Milton Keynes. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

How much longer do you think they'll keep us waiting?

I guess they're waiting for a good time.

And i don't think Tre's leg have fully healed yet ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, holden_caulfield said:

They only played Homecoming on the second night - I was gutted when I found out! 

If my memory serves me right, they did play Maria on the Saturday night though, which was a nice surprise. I think it was there they played it anyway,it was certainly on one of the AI shows I was at. 90% sure it was Milton Keynes. 

You are right-

Setlist June 18:

American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

Holiday

Are We the Waiting

St. Jimmy

Longview

Hitchin' a Ride

Brain Stew

Jaded

Knowledge

(Operation Ivy cover)

Basket Case

She

King for a Day

Shout

(The Isley Brothers cover)

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Minority

Encore:

Maria

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

We Are the Champions

(Queen cover)

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

Setlist June 19:

American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

Holiday

Are We the Waiting

St. Jimmy

Longview

Hitchin' a Ride

Brain Stew

Jaded

Knowledge

(Operation Ivy cover) 

Basket Case

She

King for a Day

Shout

Minority

Encore:

Homecoming

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I don't think that matters one bit. Considering the band is playing a show just two days from now, I'd wager he's fine :)

And the show would’ve been cancelled by now

• Like 3

Green Day is totally teasing the fuck out of us. They know they’re driving us crazy with the lack of updates and they love it 😂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Green Day is totally teasing the fuck out of us. They know they’re driving us crazy with the lack of updates and they love it 😂

I'm sorry I can't agree with that. We've discussed this point s few times now. I'm sure they have their reasons, and there could be many. Delays beyond their control, and they just want to get the music right. I've followed this band for many years and I know they care very much about the fans.

I'm sure, no I know, the album when it comes will be worth the wait. And as always it's their decision. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

They are much more excited about this one than they were about FOAM, because the way they only started teasing studio photos just a few weeks before the single and Hella Mega Tour announcement is pretty telling!!

Man, your always there with an answer. You must have an amazing memory. I'm impressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

They are much more excited about this one than they were about FOAM, because the way they only started teasing studio photos just a few weeks before the single and Hella Mega Tour announcement is pretty telling!!

I am so excited for this new record. Frustrating waiting for it but all these comments are getting me excited again. Thanks for this!

• Like 2

Do we think the situation going on with vinyl delays are anything to do with it? Some bands etc are announcing albums and touring before their albums are even out, perhaps they want it ready to go. Just a suggestion though 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jumpsalty said:

Do we think the situation going on with vinyl delays are anything to do with it? Some bands etc are announcing albums and touring before their albums are even out, perhaps they want it ready to go. Just a suggestion though 

I mean, how long does it take to cut records?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

There's a vinyl shortage and I know Shinedown pushed their newest album back so everyone could get the record at the same time.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah there’s huge delays and shortages, it can take months cause there’s backlogs (I feel like Adele’s last album has something to do with it) but of course, could be completely irrelevant 

I was really hoping we’d have something by the time innings fest rolled around. Nuclear holocaust is gonna happen before this damn thing releases.

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1

8 hours ago, jumpsalty said:

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

8 hours ago, That Dude said:

There's a vinyl shortage and I know Shinedown pushed their newest album back so everyone could get the record at the same time.  

Your right. We've discussed this before. Post COVID and the war in Ukraine is causing shortages in most raw materials. And of course when this happens prices of such material rockets. Then here in UK there are over million+ people still off work post pandemic. So even if you've got the vinyl to cut records, if there's no one in the factory your screwed. I'm not sure how much this latter point is affecting other countries, like the US for example.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

I’m sure they know pretty much everything at this point right down to the track list to probably what the first single will be and what the album cover will look like. Just because they don’t share info with us doesn’t mean there isn’t info to share. We all know how much they love to tease their fans with stuff like this, always have. Isnt that the point of the videos they’ve shared with us so far? I could be wrong but I really feel they enjoy watching us squirm and that’s a good thing because it means both they and the fans are super excited about new music. 

I get your point now. As we've said before, we've had 10 teases up to Aug '22, then nothing. Maybe they have listened, come Jan 10 we're told they're still working on the album. They thought they must tell up something. For all we know the band could be well pissed off with the delays, more than us.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pcj said:

You are right-

Setlist June 18:

American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

Holiday

Are We the Waiting

St. Jimmy

Longview

Hitchin' a Ride

Brain Stew

Jaded

Knowledge

(Operation Ivy cover)

Basket Case

She

King for a Day

Shout

Minority

Encore:

Maria

We Are the Champions

(Queen cover)

Setlist June 19:

American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

Holiday

Are We the Waiting

St. Jimmy

Longview

Hitchin' a Ride

Brain Stew

Jaded

Knowledge

(Operation Ivy cover) 

Basket Case

She

King for a Day

Shout

Minority

Encore:

Homecoming

Why, oh why did they not include She and Jaded on the DVD? What the hell!?

At least we got She on Awesome As Fuck, but damn, it's not like they're 12 minute pieces that would take up a chunk of space... What's stranger to me is Brain Stew is there, but they just decided to cut off the climax? That's like having the best sex ever and then not finishing. 

I want to have a word with whoever cut these songs!

3 hours ago, Cunt said:

I was really hoping we’d have something by the time innings fest rolled around. Nuclear holocaust is gonna happen before this damn thing releases.

Bring on the apocalypse, baby! Well maybe after this album comes out... and then by all means drink it in, dumb it down, suck it up as we watch this world BURN!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Red said:

Why, oh why did they not include She and Jaded on the DVD? What the hell!?

At least we got She on Awesome As Fuck, but damn, it's not like they're 12 minute pieces that would take up a chunk of space... What's stranger to me is Brain Stew is there, but they just decided to cut off the climax? That's like having the best sex ever and then not finishing. 

I want to have a word with whoever cut these songs!

Bring on the apocalypse, baby! Well maybe after this album comes out... and then by all means drink it in, dumb it down, suck it up as we watch this world BURN!

Maybe for AI's 20th next year they could reissue BIAB in full, uncut, unabridged. I wonder if they filmed the second night. A triple DVD album. That would be really cool.

• Like 3

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic