1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

6 hours ago, That Dude said:

Has anyone ever tried to ask The Network their side of the story?   

I asked. They said ''We're not the same band. How would we know?''.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

So I was i elementary school when a friend played Bullet in a Bible in the classroom during the breaks. I immediately fell in love with this sound. Bullet in a Bible was then the first album my parents bought for me and when I first saw it I was really shocked that Billie uses the f-word on stage that often (hey I was a child to be fair 😄).

• Haha 2

I remember when I got BIAB and absolutely fell in love with it straight away. 
Blasting it out on my speakers more or less every day, except from the middle part of Hitchin' A Ride, the whole street probably heard a few of those strange noises from time to time 😏

• Haha 3

I liked BIAB but the snippets beteeen the songs are kinda annoying. Wish they would have put it before or after the show. And the missing songs :(

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Red said:

The Network have fucking NOTHING to do with Green Day. 

Jesus.... really, people? :P

Well, okay.  As long as you're not being sarcastic while saying it.  

:)

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

I liked BIAB but the snippets beteeen the songs are kinda annoying. Wish they would have put it before or after the show. And the missing songs :(

Yeah, it would have been great if there was an optional mode to just only see the live stuff kind of how sometimes movies give you the option to watch the theatrical cut or extended etc.

If they ever do a re-release or remaster they better also include Homecoming. The fact that they decided to not include that still makes me very sad.

14 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Well, okay.  As long as you're not being sarcastic while saying it.  

:)

The Network are a way better band than Green Day could hope to be anyway. 

Green Day are nothing but a bunch of poser Network wannabes. Screw those guys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The BIAB journey will not be complete until they release Homecoming from one of those two days.  
The sound/mixing is just so fantastic, but in true Green Day style they cut out the songs that we reaaally want.. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ThranaM said:

The BIAB journey will not be complete until they release Homecoming from one of those two days.  
The sound/mixing is just so fantastic, but in true Green Day style they cut out the songs that we reaaally want.. 🤷‍♀️

for real wtf1 were they thinking? Homecoming is one of their best work

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, ThranaM said:

And Jaded, Knowledge, She, We are the Champions 

• Like 2

I think 1972 will sound like Green Day, but the lyrics will be a step away from what Billie usually had to say. 

Maybe the music was done but the lyrics kept getting reworked and tweeked because Billie kind of needed them to be great,  but also different than what he's done before.  

11 hours ago, Insomniac1984 said:

I remember Green Day recorded a live studio performance of AI and also HOLIDAY which was its debut. Don't remember the exact date, but I remember this was the first time I've heard Holiday. Not sure, but I think after this Letterbomb was released (Not as a single, just presented as an upcoming song for AI at that moment)

I remember seeing this and instantly knowing American Idiot was going to be something special. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I thought for sure we'd get another teaser by February. Man how demoralizing 

I was starting to think maybe, hopefully, things would start ramping up again after the Innings Festival

• Like 2

If I’m remembering right didnt they premiere BIAB on MTV2 like right before it was released? I’m pretty sure that was the first time I saw it, they used to show the video of St Jimmy from BIAB a lot around that time too. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

If I’m remembering right didnt they premiere BIAB on MTV2 like right before it was released? I’m pretty sure that was the first time I saw it, they used to show the video of St Jimmy from BIAB a lot around that time too. 

They were playing St Jimmy for sure, but it was in theaters for a day so not sure if they’d air the whole thing too pre release.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

They were playing St Jimmy for sure, but it was in theaters for a day so not sure if they’d air the whole thing too pre release.

It was either right before or right after

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Macys said:

for real wtf1 were they thinking? Homecoming is one of their best work

I like to tell myself that it's just because it just didn't fit on the discs with all the other stuff... but ehhh I dunno.

It's especially strange considering it was apparenlty the first song written for American Idiot? Well parts of it anyways. You'd think it would be a little bit more important than it ended up being to BIAB.

Oh well... it is what it is, at least everything that made it on there is awesome and we have KFAD, so we don't need it at our live shows anymore! (Oh yes, I'm going back there).

Here's an idea that was floating around in my head a few days back.. why not have like a 7-9 minute trilogy medley or something like that instead of KFAD? Take a bunch of Trilogy songs, play about a minute or so of each and have them arranged in a way that they just flow into each other. Most are in the same key and follow very similar chord progressions, so why not? If it even ends up being good enough, they could release it as a song on spotify.

4 hours ago, pcj said:

Milton Keynes 2005, man what a show, 65,000 of us. After watching GD for 14 years, this was the new GD live. A new awesome sound, yes, but live, this was magical,  I was gobsmacked.  Reality was gone, I didn't exist, my whole being was one with GD.  As for Billie Joe he controlled my life that night. As he strutted across the stage, raising his arms, I, like everyone, followed his every command. 

I didn't want the show to end, I wanted it to go on for eternity. I will never forget that night. 

It's nice to have a visual memory with BIAB, but as you say very much incomplete. You cannot substitute being there.

Sorry, I'm very emotional remembering that night, feel a right dick the tears are running down my face. I suppose it's possible to love someone/something from a distance.

Thank you GD I will love you forever. x

Damn, you are lucky. I would have given anything to be able to just see them play on that tour but you actually being at Milton Keynes is beyond epic. Have you managed to find yourself in the DVD at all?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Red said:

I like to tell myself that it's just because it just didn't fit on the discs with all the other stuff... but ehhh I dunno.

It's especially strange considering it was apparenlty the first song written for American Idiot? Well parts of it anyways. You'd think it would be a little bit more important than it ended up being to BIAB.

Oh well... it is what it is, at least everything that made it on there is awesome and we have KFAD, so we don't need it at our live shows anymore! (Oh yes, I'm going back there).

Here's an idea that was floating around in my head a few days back.. why not have like a 7-9 minute trilogy medley or something like that instead of KFAD? Take a bunch of Trilogy songs, play about a minute or so of each and have them arranged in a way that they just flow into each other. Most are in the same key and follow very similar chord progressions, so why not? If it even ends up being good enough, they could release it as a song on spotify.

Damn, you are lucky. I would have given anything to be able to just see them play on that tour but you actually being at Milton Keynes is beyond epic. Have you managed to find yourself in the DVD at all?

I like KFAd live. It creates some kind of intimacy between the audience and the band. Everything in that medley goes so smoothly but of course I would rather hear more trilogy songs as you mentioned. Sometimes Green day is very confusing to me when they leave out their best songs. They have never played restless heart syndrome, peacemaker only few times and they don't include 21century breakdown yet they still play american idiot and kye. Probably for them it is easier just to play what they have pracitced a billion times and just get over with it. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Macys said:

I like KFAd live. It creates some kind of intimacy between the audience and the band. Everything in that medley goes so smoothly but of course I would rather hear more trilogy songs as you mentioned. Sometimes Green day is very confusing to me when they leave out their best songs. They have never played restless heart syndrome, peacemaker only few times and they don't include 21century breakdown yet they still play american idiot and kye. Probably for them it is easier just to play what they have pracitced a billion times and just get over with it. 

I hope they give the 1972 songs a lot of love in the setlist and make them setlist staples for years to come!!!!

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic