1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

7 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Do you guys think they'll tease something tomorrow for Billie's birthday?

sure, another the coverups show

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, That Dude said:

What is Beacon?

An e-commerce site for the Green Day store on mobile

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I don't know I'm going by what the """"sources"""" say which who fuckin knows is genuine or not. I'm just playing with hypothetical's here

It is genuine, they’re listed on Billie’s SESAC repertory 

• Like 1

With the term 1972 being used so frequently, I really hope we get some sonic reflection of some of Billie's favorite music.  

Cheap Trick, Queen, Ramones, The Who....Green Day have done a bit of that already, but maybe Billie's love of Bowie will effect the writing.

I'm thinking The Coverups if they were to write an original record based on what they cover.   

I'd love to just listen Billie talk about music for 4 hours or so.

Oh man.

#Phantom Bomb 72' or whatever this thread is about.

17 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

This site being down was the healthiest week of my life.

You weren't obsessively checking to see if it was back up or trying multiple devices to try to get in?

*straightening out my shirt*

Yeah, me neither.....

• Like 2

Am already saving up my money to see GD on the next tour. We’re seeing FOB in Leeds in October, the hotel and the tickets are reasonably priced; we’re looking at getting a coach to Leeds (as the trains which look like they’re going to be more expensive may be on strike); but the whole thing including food is probably going to cost a grand total of £450 for the three of us. It will be my 1st time back at Leeds arena since seeing GD there in 2017.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Stop.

Only when the red lights flash. 

Otherwise, continue.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jhonib said:

Stop could be an anagram for Spto
September?
What does it means?
Green Day will be the focus of summer

Stop spelled backwards is Pots. A possible clue for the album? The album might be about pots

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

Stop.

Drop, and roll!

welcome to page 311! Have Green Day and 311 ever played together?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Radiation Fear said:

Drop, and roll!

welcome to page 311! Have Green Day and 311 ever played together?

They did last year at the Innings Festival in Tampa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Phantom Pot '72!

Beat Box Shamoo

Rollicking Bad Time

Zone Rock

Hippie

Woodstock My Heart

Good Heart

Haha!

Break!

I know it may seem counterproductive, but I would like Green Day to absorb all side projects into their sound for one record or more.

Like 1972 featuring a Networkesque song, a Tubbies track.     Or a nice blend of all bands Green Day adjacent. 

*not sure why I mentioned The Network, since I am certain they aren't Green Day.  Just all the talk of connections, I guess.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

Stop.

Take some time to think! Figure what's important to you! 

Stop!  Take some time to think! Figure out what's important to you, gotta make a serious decision!!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

I know it may seem counterproductive, but I would like Green Day to absorb all side projects into their sound for one record or more.

Like 1972 featuring a Networkesque song, a Tubbies track.     Or a nice blend of all bands Green Day adjacent. 

*not sure why I mentioned The Network, since I am certain they aren't Green Day.  Just all the talk of connections, I guess.

In a 2013 interview, bassist Mike Dirnt finally revealed that the group (The Network) was in fact Green Day, mentioning that Money Money 2020 was worked upon alongside other Green Day projects in the mid-00's.

Additionally, several journalists noted the band's vocals were unmistakably that of Billie Joe Armstrong, and the fact he has The Network sticker on his guitar amplifier.

The Network = Green Day. awesome.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pcj said:

In a 2013 interview, bassist Mike Dirnt finally revealed that the group (The Network) was in fact Green Day, mentioning that Money Money 2020 was worked upon alongside other Green Day projects in the mid-00's.

Additionally, several journalists noted the band's vocals were unmistakably that of Billie Joe Armstrong, and the fact he has The Network sticker on his guitar amplifier.

Of course the journalists would say that. Just trying to stir up drama between the 2 bands fanbases

And of course Mike would say that. He doesn't want people to think The Network are actually other people under the masks. Don't believe what Green Day say. They've always had problems with The Network!

• Like 3

Guys, what if the band are taking their time because they've realised what they've made is their Magnum Opus of the Inglorious Kind? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pcj said:

Stop.

• Haha 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic