1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Imagine if they did what U2 did 10 years ago with that free album in everyone's iTunes!!!

I'll be pissed like I was when they put their album down our throat

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't think a surprise album release is gonna happen, for the reasons mentioned above.

However... Billie, Mike, and Tre (his injury pending) performing one of the singles at Billie's bday party? (If Billie is planning a big bday bash like he did last year) I can see that happening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I just scheduled surgery on the 17th. Billie's birthday and a surprise album drop sure would bring me good vibes and help me feel better ❤️

Good luck. Your a staple of this forum I hope you know 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Green Day isn't big enough to be successful with an out-of-nowhere album. They could have done it after American Idiot but not now. It would be fun though! I keep telling myself I shouldn't listen to pre-release singles and just hear the album when it all comes out but that's so hard to do. A surprise release would certainly make that possible.

That would be so hard to do if they make us wait 5 months for the album after the single again!

45 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Imagine if they did what U2 did 10 years ago with that free album in everyone's iTunes!!!

We would like it, but the rest of planet earth would FREAK.  

....I gotta go check my itunes real quick....

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

Not this friday, but one of the next fridays for sure. 👀

Worst case, the following Friday.

I mean, eventually we will be right.

• Like 1

Bands also like to announce early so they can get a bunch of pre-sales to inflate that first week sales number.

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Green Day isn't big enough to be successful with an out-of-nowhere album. They could have done it after American Idiot but not now. It would be fun though! I keep telling myself I shouldn't listen to pre-release singles and just hear the album when it all comes out but that's so hard to do. A surprise release would certainly make that possible.

on the other hand, looking at foam + foam marketing, GD isnt big enough to be successful with an advertised album (just kidding, or actually sadly not? 😅😭  )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I just scheduled surgery on the 17th. Billie's birthday and a surprise album drop sure would bring me good vibes and help me feel better ❤️

I hope you are ok and it goes well 😘

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

If I remember correctly, wasn't the sales of the Trilogy less than expected, because their release was not advertised/promoted as usual due to Billie Joe's illness?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, pcj said:

If I remember correctly, wasn't the sales of the Trilogy less than expected, because their release was not advertised/promoted as usual due to Billie Joe's illness?

Trilogy would have sold 8 Billion copies if Billie had been able to promote.     It's so awesome.  

I personally loved the Stray Heart video, so while it would have been weird they could have promoted and toured without Billie Joe.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pcj said:

That combined with the overwhelming nature of a 30+ song semi-directionless project

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

That combined with the overwhelming nature of a 30+ song semi-directionless project

Dos and Tre got really screwed.   Their releasing were pushed forward and then absolutely no promotion whatsoever.     With the right set of singles, I honestly believe the Trilogy would have been a massive season of growth for the bands popularity.   Before "THE INCIDENT"  they were all over tv.   all over the radio.   all over the internet.   playing everywhere, all the time.  

TRILOGY RULES!!!!!!! 

• Like 3

Nah, I actually think a surprise drop might actually get people more excited than a regular release strategy. They absolutely are big enough to do that with success. You don't have to be Taylor Swift or Beyonce.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, grinsoniko said:

Even if it not a total surprise, but announcement with single, album next month. Just hoping they dont do another Foam strategy.

We need a pre-Trilogy strategy for sure this time around.    

If everything could go smoothly for the band, it would make all the difference in the world.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grinsoniko said:

Even if it not a total surprise, but announcement with single, album next month. Just hoping they dont do another Foam strategy.

@Sanity Loan said they won’t. He believes they got the single out early to coincide with the Hella Mega Tour announcement

• Like 2

Limp Bizkit dropped their album out of nowhere affer 10 years. It performed very well in some streaming charts (they‘re not as big as Green Day). But I think they see their new album as a bigger project than FOAM. 
And the announcement/promo for Fall Out Boy wasn‘t very big or long-time

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

Limp Bizkit dropped their album out of nowhere affer 10 years. It performed very well in some streaming charts (they‘re not as big as Green Day). But I think they see their new album as a bigger project than FOAM. 
And the announcement/promo for Fall Out Boy wasn‘t very big or long-time

Didn't it end up being their worst album? Sales wise. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Reedypunk91 said:

Didn't it end up being their worst album? Sales wise. 

Probably because they never released it physically

• Like 1