Green Day live at Super Bowl Music Fest on February

Give_Me_Novacaine90

6 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

HAHHAHAHAA 😂😂

But did you know that twerking actually has its roots in sacred West African dance? https://religionnews.com/2021/10/12/superstar-lizzo-delivers-ted-talk-calls-twerking-sacred/?fbclid=IwAR3gSn5AdWo1ktu_EZnEGdeXZUd0eKxVEdjgW_V5lEobS_sbKYyPEKfPWLs

If we are going to throw shade on Miley about anything, it probably should be for the cultural appropriation LOL.

2 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

f we are going to throw shade on Miley about anything, it probably should be for the cultural appropriation LOL.

More like a good chunk of the world.

1 minute ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

More like a good chunk of the world.

Yes, a good chunk of the world deserves shade for offensive cultural appropriation. Twerking is the least of our concerns LOL.

18 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Why haven’t they ever headlined a halftime show, like WTF?!?!?

This has been my lifelong dream. I think the NFL got burned by the "wardrobe malfunction" and is reluctant to book any act for halftime that may not behave (and Green Day already proved that they don't behave at the NHL All-Star halftime show LOL). Also they are likely concerned about it being seen as some political statement. The NFL does not like controversy. Just look how terribly the treated players who took part in the kneeling protests (they did finally apologize for that, but still).

Why are we talking about this? I am looking forward to seeing the boys on stage again.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 12/17/2021 at 10:51 PM, Slave To The Network said:

Why are we talking about this? I am looking forward to seeing the boys on stage again.

Define "this"? Because we were talking about the history of twerking and also why Green Day has never done a halftime show. At any rate, I am really excited for this too. Miley was never my favorite artist but I haven't listened to her more recent stuff either. I am really excited for this collab. Heck, they are doing New Year's Eve collab too. Maybe they will even collab on GreenDay's next album LOL. 

7 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I really hope it's not a Collab just that they're both headliners on that day 

It sounds to me like they are performing together. There are many artists performing at this event and Miley and Green Day are specifically being billed together so it sounds to me like they are performing together.

I’m another person that doesn’t want a green day / miley collab, but I got a feeling it’s gonna happen.. it reminds me of the time miley performed with joan jett, that also happened more than once 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I feel like I should probably listen to some of Miley's more recent music. I have heard good things but I never thought much about it. I was never much into her music but I think we should give her a chance rather than just dismissing her over some sort of moralistic B.S.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 11:07 AM, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

It sounds to me like they are performing together. There are many artists performing at this event and Miley and Green Day are specifically being billed together so it sounds to me like they are performing together.

Um…. No. They’re billed as coheadliners. They have 2 coheadliners every day. That’s how it’s worked in years past at this event. Maybe they’ll preform a song together or something but probably not. Again the only reason why this pairing is happening is because crush management are the most out of touch management group on the planet.

54 minutes ago, Cunt said:

Um…. No. They’re billed as coheadliners. They have 2 coheadliners every day. That’s how it’s worked in years past at this event. Maybe they’ll preform a song together or something but probably not. Again the only reason why this pairing is happening is because crush management are the most out of touch management group on the planet.

I disagree. I think the pairing is great. Miley is popular but not new and not at her peak so it doesn't look like GD is trying to get exposure with the current "big thing". Both of them are feisty as hell. Miley has a very powerful rock voice and has been focusing on rock lately. And she's a Green Day fan. And Billie took his kids to see the Hannah Montana tour. Perfect!!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

I disagree. I think the pairing is great. Miley is popular but not new and not at her peak so it doesn't look like GD is trying to get exposure with the current "big thing". Both of them are feisty as hell. Miley has a very powerful rock voice and has been focusing on rock lately. And she's a Green Day fan. And Billie took his kids to see the Hannah Montana tour. Perfect!!

Just because she’s popular and not new does T make this a good pairing. Just because Miley made one rock album doesn’t make this a good pairing. Because she’s a Green Day fan doesn’t make this a good pairing. Lady Gaga is a Metallica fan but I wouldn’t want to see her coheadline with Metallica. Most coheadlining shows typically make sense like GNR/ Metallica, Aerosmith/Kiss, Kiss/ Def Leppard, Def Leppard/ Journey, Blink 182/ Green Day, Third Eye Blind/ Jimmy Eat World, Jayz/ Beyoncé, Elton John/ Billie Joel, STP/The Cult/Bush, NKOTB/ Backstreet Boys, Rob Zombie/Marylin Manson. Justin Timberlake/Jayz, Daughtry/ Goo Goo Dolls etc. This pairing is nothing more than crush trying to use Green Day to help rebrand Miley as a rock act while making an ass load of cash doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Have to say I really don't enjoy anything by Miley Cyrus and I don't like watching her either. For me I sincerely hope it's a case of coheadliners. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Cunt said:

You might be right. The advertising is confusing as hell: some makes it sound like they are performing together while others not as much. I am OK with this either way and am open-minded to hear what a possible collaboration could sound like. 

• 3 weeks later...

Checked tickets again and it says there's a "flash 15% sale off", but a code is required to unlock the price. Does anyone by any chance know it? Even with the discount I'm sure the price will be high but I still want to see y'knoww

1 hour ago, billiesblue said:

Checked tickets again and it says there's a "flash 15% sale off", but a code is required to unlock the price. Does anyone by any chance know it? 

BM-EXCELLENTTITS

• Haha 3

On 12/31/2021 at 2:32 AM, Slave To The Network said:

Let's hope this doesn't fall through like the New Years performance. I'm predicting the situation with breakthrough COVID cases is only going to get worse over the next few months. If that happens, it just might not be safe for them to try to do it. I would rather they be cautious and protect themselves than do a show and get the virus, despite how much I want to see them play again.

Most epidemiologists are saying we'll be in much better shape one month from now based on the quick rise and fall with Omicron in other countries. Cases are already falling in New York. So I think this will happen. 

6 hours ago, billiesblue said:

Checked tickets again and it says there's a "flash 15% sale off", but a code is required to unlock the price. Does anyone by any chance know it? Even with the discount I'm sure the price will be high but I still want to see y'knoww

WILDCARD 

Expires Monday at 11:59PM PT

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...