Green Day Headlining Shaky Knees Fest in April

Squashie

6 hours ago, Jankowski576 said:

Whoa his sons band is playing the same day too, what an incredible moment for Billie 

Wow, I didn't even notice that at first. Thanks for pointing it out. That's really awesome.

On 11/10/2021 at 11:46 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

All these enormo festivals are great if you have the stamina but I'm ready for a smaller show

And funds, don't forget funds! Some of us are still feeling guilty for going to Hella Mega and paying double/triple what we would for a GD show. Plus, yknow, who can afford to travel to a festival when you have (INDOOR) arenas within an hour of you going unused? 

OK, sorry, Debbie Downer. I definitely agree that it shows their relevance, which is refreshing! 

• Like 3

A nearby Green Day event?

Oh my.

I better start saving money for this now.....

well, after Christmas. 

.....well poop. 

at some point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah I agree festivals are good for them, in that they love playing for large audiences and they're able to reach beyond their own fans and remind the world they exist and are still great.  That's all good.  But as an older fan it's hard to be standing in a festival crowd for that many hours to watch them on videoscreens because you need even more endurance to get a spot up front.  

Exactly, there's no way I could survive the crowd, even if this is in early spring and not the middle of summer like HM. Festivals are a good cost-saving way to bring live music to people, unfortunately, so I worry it's the way of the future (with better safety protocols after last weekend, I hope). 

Is it a coincidence that I got an ad for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on here just now? 😄 

9 minutes ago, Mar said:

Exactly, there's no way I could survive the crowd, even if this is in early spring and not the middle of summer like HM. Festivals are a good cost-saving way to bring live music to people, unfortunately, so I worry it's the way of the future (with better safety protocols after last weekend, I hope). 

Is it a coincidence that I got an ad for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on here just now? 😄 

Make a donation and you won’t see ads 🙂

• Like 3

Reluctant to bring this up for fear people will take this and run wild with it, but I actually just noticed the Regrettes are playing this thing too. I just want to say I am happy for them. Does anyone know if they have played anything this large before? Like for UltraQ, I am guessing this is their first festival?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just bought my ticket yesterday. I'm looking forward to seeing my boys again, not looking forward to driving eight hours to do so (or shelling out money for overpriced plane tickets).

"Stuck with Me" being on the setlist in LA and Tampa is what made me do it despite the distance... if they end up not playing it, well, you might see me on the news lmao

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, 2klightyrsaway said:

Just bought my ticket yesterday. I'm looking forward to seeing my boys again, not looking forward to driving eight hours to do so (or shelling out money for overpriced plane tickets).

"Stuck with Me" being on the setlist in LA and Tampa is what made me do it despite the distance... if they end up not playing it, well, you might see me on the news lmao

.....AND they're scheduled for ten fewer minutes in Atlanta than they were in Tampa. *gulp*

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, 2klightyrsaway said:

.....AND they're scheduled for ten fewer minutes in Atlanta than they were in Tampa. *gulp*

Excuse me while I have a conversation with myself. They apparently didn't use all their time in Tampa, so there's probably no need for worry :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...