NEW Green Day Song "Holy Toledo!" out Friday (5th Nov)

GuitarPunk94

49 minutes ago, JAS0N said:

They aren't owned by Warner, they partnered with them on the Crush Music label.

They actually own Crush Music Label they bought them out right in 2019… at least that’s what I was told 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Virtuous Xman said:

To me the music and tempo reminds me of stray heart.  However the lyrics remind me of FOMF.  And that's okay. My only gripe with that album was it was just too short.  Adding these three tracks or four more tracks would have definitely had me liking it more so. 

Plus the opening piano chord sounds like Last Night on Earth and The Forgotten

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Mother Mary Pt. 2

... Catchy, but I can't understand anything he's saying. Why does the mix sound so weird?

This!

Really like the song and how much they packed into it in such a short time.

As someone who grew up in Toledo, Ohio...I feel validated by this song. (Even though, "Holy Toledo!" is probably a reference to Oakland A's broadcaster Bill King)

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

This!

Really like the song and how much they packed into it in such a short time.

As someone who grew up in Toledo, Ohio...I feel validated by this song. (Even though, "Holy Toledo!" is probably a reference to Oakland A's broadcaster Bill King)

Don't ruin this for us! 😄 This was obviously written after a night of debauchery on Adams Street. If only we'd elected Opal, we'd have that theme park and they would've had such a great time that they'd actually mention our name in the lyrics 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The song sounds like if stray heart was released on the foxboro hottubs album. I like it! Very interesting song i love the upbeat feel it and pollyanna have had

• Like 3

I'm getting a bit of a Meet Me on the Roof vibe first listen (and yeah Stray Heart too) 

From Kevin 

75a129398ca574c0489632b81d8bcf77e64ec610

Quite like it but need to listen to it again. First listen wasn't so keen on the bit where it slows down (a bit like the parts in Graffitia where it does that) 

• Like 1

I love the Foxboro Hot Tubs sound! So happy this song is lightyears ahead of HCTS. Still not a huge fan of Butch Walker's choices in editing and mixing, but it's a good song nonetheless.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I think it's just generally about partying and one night stands... That's actually one of his recurring topics.

Which is kinda weird if you think about it, because I'm pretty sure he's not one night stand kinda guy. You know, being married most of his life and stuff...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, petros said:

"Party favors/ Sex with strangers/ We don't care what the neighbors say"

It's funny how Billie Joe being a horny teenager was writing songs like One of my lies and now that he's a 49 years old man is writing shit like this.

In general you have reason, the BJ's recent lyrics is a kinda meh, but this song maybe was written to fit in the movie theme.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, petros said:

"Party favors/ Sex with strangers/ We don't care what the neighbors say"

It's funny how Billie Joe being a horny teenager was writing songs like One of my lies and now that he's a 49 years old man is writing shit like this.

I still say the song may well have been written specifically for this movie, but is one just supposed to stop being horny at 49? 🙄

I'm trying to upload the small scene in the movie where we can hear the song but damn fuck Youtube is killing me

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I'm trying to upload the small scene in the movie where we can hear the song but damn fuck Youtube is killing me

I can't wait to see what scene this got put to. 🤣

9 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Crush Music is owned by Warner 

Rev Rad has multiple songs where they mention the song title 

That what I meant, Rev Rad and Tre are the only albums where the songs all have the title in the lyrics.