Trilogy era.

alekshf96

1 hour ago, Sheenius said:

I always thought the Trilogy would have been better if it was kept as a surprise longer. Imagine dropping Uno and making us believe thats the album and 2 months later you find out the day of Dos is in stores or something. 

When the name of the album is "Uno", you'd have to at least suspect that at least another album is coming, right?

• Like 1

This is really interesting, I don't remember hearing this before either!  I wonder how they felt once they saw the video for Oh Love.  They did an interview thing with Kerrang TV once where they reviewed some of their videos, told stories about the making of them etc and they clearly were not particularly impressed with how some of them turned out!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Here’s an interview I found from the Trilogy era that I don’t remember hearing before.  He says one of the reasons they chose Oh Love as a single is because it tested well with women! Which is ironic considering the video they then went and made for it 😂

That video did badly for the song and it actually makes me really sad. I wish they’d picked Kill the DJ or something for that video content. I get it. I get they wanted to step outside their box. Unpopular opinion: I like that video. However, I don’t like it being paired with Oh Love.

But the video and content messed up the reception and feelings and reaction of Oh Love.

Also thank you so much for posting this video. I don’t remember hearing this interview before. Thank you so much.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Dirty Rotten Bastards is epic.

What a shame. The Trilogy = so much good but so much buried :(

I want these songs to see the light of day :( 

And wtf is Gabriella? Or Hello Firecracker?

And Dreamcatcher is so fucking good ugh I know they dig into the vault sometimes for some (subpar) songs even on latest albums. I hope to hell they have a Shenanigans type record soon with the unreleased post-20CB and lost Trilogy songs that sound better than even some of the released songs. Or one off singles like the No Fun Mondays / Otis Remixes / Pollyanna / HCTS etc.

Oh Girl or Dreamcatcher or Gabriella or whatever got dropped off the Trilogy would floor us. That was a great songwriting era.

Isn't Gabriella just Amanda? Like, wasn't that gonna be the name of that song?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

That's what I thought or that at least part of it went into Amanda. Billie did announce at Red 7 before playing it something like "Right, I'm gonna name the girl". That's what I remember anyway (but it was a long time ago!) 

Was even part of "oh girl" put into another song? Wish my memory was what it used to be :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I think it’s something else. I’m not sure though. I think I saw someone post the lyrics somewhere a long time ago and they were nothing like the Amanda song.

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

That's what I thought or that at least part of it went into Amanda. Billie did announce at Red 7 before playing it something like "Right, I'm gonna name the girl". That's what I remember anyway (but it was a long time ago!) 

Was even part of "oh girl" put into another song? Wish my memory was what it used to be :lol:

I don’t remember Oh Girl being in any part of another song 🧐 I’m not sure…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I think it’s something else. I’m not sure though. I think I saw someone post the lyrics somewhere a long time ago and they were nothing like the Amanda song.

I don’t remember Oh Girl being in any part of another song 🧐 I’m not sure…

I think it's just one part (not sure if verse or chorus) went into Amanda. I think it was on one of the lyric photos at the time? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I think it's just one part (not sure if verse or chorus) went into Amanda. I think it was on one of the lyric photos at the time? 

I think so too but such a while ago… I thought I saw a screen shot or photo of the lyrics and they’re something I’ve never seen before or since…

I don’t know how accurate this is or if it means anything about Gabriella being it’s own original song and then dropped: 

Green Day setlist at Tiki Bar in Costa Mesa, United States on Aug 11, 2011 Gabriella (Premiere: First time and only known performance)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2011/tiki-bar-costa-mesa-ca-7bd086e0.html

Really would love to hear the castoffs of 20CBD era and Trilogy era. 20thCBD we got the FBHT so thank goodness for that. But there’s definitely more. So many great songs never released and then some of the ones that were released instead 😳

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I think so too but such a while ago… I thought I saw a screen shot or photo of the lyrics and they’re something I’ve never seen before or since…

I don’t know how accurate this is or if it means anything about Gabriella being it’s own original song and then dropped: 

Green Day setlist at Tiki Bar in Costa Mesa, United States on Aug 11, 2011 Gabriella (Premiere: First time and only known performance)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2011/tiki-bar-costa-mesa-ca-7bd086e0.html

Really would love to hear the castoffs of 20CBD era and Trilogy era. 20thCBD we got the FBHT so thank goodness for that. But there’s definitely more. So many great songs never released and then some of the ones that were released instead 😳

They did play Gabriella at that show but it was amended and a small part of the original went into Amanda. I know someone who may still have the photo and if so I'll come back on this one

I found it

5276aad5be770c0d0db6133ace0b063df6fb1149

"I'm not playing with your mind unless you think I am

Your crushing my heart like a battering ram" 

It was put into Amanda and I think everyone assumed Gabriella on it's own would never see the light of day again 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

They did play Gabriella at that show but it was amended and a small part of the original went into Amanda. I know someone who may still have the photo and if so I'll come back on this one

I found it

5276aad5be770c0d0db6133ace0b063df6fb1149

"I'm not playing with your mind unless you think I am

Your crushing my heart like a battering ram" 

It was put into Amanda and I think everyone assumed Gabriella on it's own would never see the light of day again 

Thank you :)

I love the little mysteries and puzzle pieces of these songs. 

• Like 3