Trilogy era.

alekshf96

Hey all, will start this post by saying the trilogy era was the best time of my life, both in terms of Green Day and personal means, my social life was awesome, i had a blast back then, and i remember that time like it was yesterday, maybe because i always think about it because i miss it so much, i often search for the songs that was played at the Tiki Bar, 1-2-3 Go, Red7 and all those small shows, even if the audio quality is crap, like if i wanna hear my favorites like Sweet 16(yes you read it correctly, its one of my favorites), i have to listen to the audio from Tiki Bar, which is not good at all, same goes for Stray Heart, im so nostalgic about that time, i can never say that enough.

I also have a question for people in here, might be a long shot, but i'll try anyway, does anybody have a screenshot of what Green Day's website looked liked back then?, or something else trilogy related that's hard to find?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Thanks all🤩, this really made 2021 great for me, so many memories coming, when i get home from work i will take an even better look at it🤩🤩

• Love 2

Wow those screenshots took me back! I have fond memories of the trilogy era too. It was the first era where I was active in GDC and I remember how much fun it was getting excited with other fans about the albums and the upcoming tour. It was also the first time I saw green day live so that concert and time holds a very special place in my heart. Though there were parts of the era that were sad and tough, listening to those albums always takes me back to sitting at my desk at work and quietly freaking out because I scored concert tickets or staying up all night to listen to Uno for the first time. Gives me warm fuzzy feelings.

• Love 4

2 hours ago, Moriarty said:

There's a site called the Wayback Machine that's your friend, here is December 2012 - http://web.archive.org/web/20121210094930/http://www.greenday.com/

You can browse through all the snapshots they have of greenday.com here - http://web.archive.org/web/20120501000000*/greenday.com

Oh my god thank you so much for this. Seeing the 21CB era website again almost brought tears to my eyes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I’m also going to chime in: the Trilogy era = awesome plus those albums and songs still stand up. 

I listen to these records the most (kinda tied with American Idiot and Dookie) but I feel the most feels from the Trilogy era. Dookie is nostalgic and magic for me. American Idiot is epic. Trilogy is connection and feels very relatable in many instances.

The Trilogy was definitely a different era. Being able to process 37 songs over just a few months from a band that had two huge gaps releasing the 2 albums prior was satisfying. 

Also just having them make quick 3 minute songs again with the amount of variety they had was really good. 

The downside was the start of the band's decline and the fall out from the Iheart disaster. It was a bittersweet moment for fans, they went and made all these songs for us but somewhere in the process they also let us down with the experience. 

Atleast with the current era the let downs are related to a global pandemic outside our control and theirs. The album was short and a bit of a stinker but they came out of the gates in 2019 sounding really good for the first time in forever. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sheenius said:

The Trilogy was definitely a different era. Being able to process 37 songs over just a few months from a band that had two huge gaps releasing the 2 albums prior was satisfying. 

Also just having them make quick 3 minute songs again with the amount of variety they had was really good. 

The downside was the start of the band's decline and the fall out from the Iheart disaster. It was a bittersweet moment for fans, they went and made all these songs for us but somewhere in the process they also let us down with the experience. 

Atleast with the current era the let downs are related to a global pandemic outside our control and theirs. The album was short and a bit of a stinker but they came out of the gates in 2019 sounding really good for the first time in forever. 

Lol “a bit of a stinker” … at first I read “a bit stinkier”

I am grateful for the fallout of the iHeart radio because it forced Billie to slow down. I wish someone had helped or saw the danger that had been years in the making but he’s a workaholic and can be messy and I don’t know or want to know the behind the scenes private stuff that showed up badly in public. It’s sad that it came to that point. But happier and healthier and onwards and upwards.

Too bad about Uno, Dos and Tre ending up as roadkill. They’re really great and Cuatro rules. 

And they are sounding better than ever. I think Rev Rad was overly cautious after the Trilogy. FOAM was risky but yeah too short etc.

• Like 1

The Trilogy era is for me too the first era I got involved online in a community (a Green Day Community :P) of other GD fans. I've been a fan since 21CB when I finally got into them, but it was the Trilogy that really connected me to others and then I didn't feel alone anymore. Unfortunately, it's the only era I missed seeing them live since becoming a fan because my show was cancelled due to Billie's rehab and they didn't ever come back on that tour. :cry: Other than that, it was an amazing era - great music, great fashion, and great performances! I'll always love the Trilogy.

• Love 2

My absolute favorite version of She happened during this era aswell. E Standard, guitar solo, screams, everything.

• Love 3

Watching one of the show threads during this current tour reminded me of constantly checking twitter all night for the Echoplex show when someone who had managed to get a ticket had offered to keep people undated on what was going on and being played. No livestream back then! 

And at the Red 7 show people without tickets recorded it from an alleyway outside to share with people! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

So while making Cuatro, what would the possibility be that they filmed entire shows like the Tiki Bar, Webster Hall, Red 7, 1-2-3-4 Go! and Echoplex?

15 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Watching one of the show threads during this current tour reminded me of constantly checking twitter all night for the Echoplex show when someone who had managed to get a ticket had offered to keep people undated on what was going on and being played. No livestream back then! 

And at the Red 7 show people without tickets recorded it from an alleyway outside to share with people! 

Red 7 and Echoplex were some of the highlights of the era for sure 

I think Red 7 really had me excited. Imagine seeing them live and them only playing all new music. I love when the band talked about the crowd reaction to it. 

I always thought the Trilogy would have been better if it was kept as a surprise longer. Imagine dropping Uno and making us believe thats the album and 2 months later you find out the day of Dos is in stores or something. 

15 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I was so happy hearing Sex, Drugs & Violence live, even tho it was just a soundcheck, and way too short clip 😮

• Like 3