Covid/vaccine rules at shows

Hermione

That's not surprising. Florida is a fucking petri-dish of bad decisions right now. This is probably just one of the many times this is going to happen. I'm so sorry to whoever got it. Even with all the precautions the Hella Mega tour is taking, it's bound to happen.

• Like 1

How effective would requiring both negative covid tests and vaccines be? If everyone is required to be vaccinated AND to give a negative test, does that mean that the tour will be able to go on even if covid cases spike and the virus gets more severe? Cause theoretically if everyone who's attending the show tests negative, then there's little chance of it spreading and in the unlikely event that it does happen, everyone will be protected with the vaccine.

But I'm not sure about this though because people might still catch the virus between when they test negative and when they attend the show. And if the virus mutates to be less vaccine resistant, people who catch the virus at the shows might get sick regardless of whether they have the vaccine or not.

• Like 1

The amount of people saying they are sick/have Covid after going to the concerts in the Hella Mega facebook group makes me feel better that I didn’t get tickets 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, desertrose said:

Geez, they couldn't have decided this before all of these huge tours started? A little late now. 

• Like 2

On 8/6/2021 at 1:54 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Well you can stay hidden in your basement until this shit is over but it can last until 2028 or even for the rest of your life. 
Until then for those who are vaxxed and aren't scared, enjoy your life :)

Can you not come back with a better response than most selfish people other than ''well you can just stay inside then'' Your ignorance on the matter is clear and pretty astounding 

On 8/6/2021 at 4:40 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

You're right.
I'll rephrase. 

It's over where I live then.

Awww so close to getting it but not quite 

On 8/6/2021 at 9:30 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

😂😂
quick quick put us in quarantine again please I hate social life I'm scared of everything

🙄

On 8/6/2021 at 11:10 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Hey look new variants. How strange. Let's stay hidden in our basement.

No its what happens when non vaccinated and vaccinated mix you genius 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/08/11/covid-variant-forces-concert-industry-rethink-approach/5505559001/

"In short, the system is still very flawed," Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst tells Billboard. "Even if the performers, crews, staff, and promoters do their best to ensure safety on and behind the stage, that doesn’t ensure the safety of the audience as a whole. We are all in this together, and we all — individually and as a whole — have to make our best efforts to be as responsible and proactive as possible moving forward to combat and stop spreading COVID."

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Marie_GD said:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/08/11/covid-variant-forces-concert-industry-rethink-approach/5505559001/

"In short, the system is still very flawed," Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst tells Billboard. "Even if the performers, crews, staff, and promoters do their best to ensure safety on and behind the stage, that doesn’t ensure the safety of the audience as a whole. We are all in this together, and we all — individually and as a whole — have to make our best efforts to be as responsible and proactive as possible moving forward to combat and stop spreading COVID."

Never thought I'd see the day that Fred Durst was a voice of reason. But here we are

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Marie_GD said:

I was just saying this exact thing on Facebook when someone argued that FOB missing shows was out of concern for the utmost safety for everyone involved. But it has nothing to do with the safety of the crowd. Without mask and vaccine requirements the audience has been at high risk this entire tour but sure, use the utmost caution when it’s a crew or band member.  That has everything to do with keeping the show going and the money rolling in and nothing to do with crowd safety

• Like 4

Not sure how this plays out for the show at Dodger Stadium but  people  that are eligible for the Covid-19 vaccine will need to show proof they have gotten at least one shot to enter. It  applies to restaurants, bars, retail establishments, fitness centers, spas, and entertainment centers like stadiums, concert venues and movie theaters.

If they are unable to provide proof, they would not be able to enter one of those businesses.

so be aware that there may be a vaccine requirement for the concert. NO negative test only vaccinated individuals.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a-city-council-votes-to-have-city-attorney-draft-ordinance-requiring-proof-of-covid-vaccine-indoors-at-restaurants-gyms/

I'm getting quite concerned. There's mask directives going back up for certain counties around here and my county will probably follow suit soon. I wonder if it will have any impact on the concert. It's just a little over a month away and a lot can change in that time. I'll be doing everything in my power to stay as safe as possible when I go, but not everything will be under my control so it's still a worry. At least I'll be a little bit less vulnerable in a seat vs the pit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Those who got it where probably unvaccinated too. Is that the case or is it unknown?

4 minutes ago, Slave To The Network said:

Those who got it where probably unvaccinated too. Is that the case or is it unknown?

Actually most cases were vaccinated because the majority of the people there were vaxxed

• Like 1

A lot of Chicago music venues and now restaurants are requiring proof of the vaccine. I haven’t taken my card out of my wallet since I got it January. Guess it’ll be getting some airing now!

• Like 4

This applies to shows after Oct 4th but something to be aware of for future concerts.

Live Nation Will Require Vaccines or Negative Covid Tests From Artists, Customers

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/national-international/live-nation-will-require-vaccines-or-negative-covid-tests-from-artists-customers/2631870/?_osource=SocialFlowFB_BAYBrand&

• Like 2

Whiplash for the Concert Business as the Delta Variant Rages On

Some tours and festivals are canceling, but others are forging ahead. As Covid-19 cases rise in the United States, artists weigh the risks and benefits of getting back on the road.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/13/arts/music/covid-concerts-vaccines.html?

On 8/13/2021 at 5:26 PM, Lindsay said:

Yeah, Lolla had only 200 cases because I believe they required people to either be vaccinated or masked up. 400,000 people attended Lolla. That is an extremely low and extremely good statistic all things considered.

Then you look at something like Watershed Festival where they required no vaccinations, no masking, and had 160 cases out of 20,000 attendees. Almost the same amount of cases as Lolla, but a much, much smaller group of people.

Vaccinations & masking works.

Yeah, it really pissed me off that so many people were just sharing that photo of Lolla with no context whatsoever. I'm sure one weekend of football games this fall will result in more COVID cases than Lolla but because it's a sport, nobody in the U.S. will criticize it. Leave live music alone. They're the only industry that seems to be giving a shit right now.

• Like 4

For those going to the Los Angeles game at Dodger Stadium

FYI If you are going to this you will need a mask!

L.A. County will require people to wear face masks both indoor or outdoors at "mega-events" including concerts and sporting events regardless of vaccination status beginning Thursday

The “Outdoor Mega-Events” are defined in the health order as “music or food festivals, car shows, large endurance, events, marathons, parades, sporting events and concerts with more than 10,000 people.”

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/08/17/la-county-masks-events-concerts-sports-events/?fbclid=IwAR2sFSZ0U8l62YAsPpHoujXcKdSzVxNUcdN8MLDmIoCuWVb1_pUXrxGFX-g

2 hours ago, desertrose said:

Lol. Meanwhile Philly last week announced that they’ll require masks if it’s an outdoor unseated event with more than 1000 people. However, if you’re at a baseball game/sporting event/somewhere outdoors and there’s seats, you’re all good. 

• Like 1

A statewide mask mandate is back in effect on Monday and I'm wondering how that will affect the concert. I hope it still happens, just with masks required. That would honestly be ideal.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Slave To The Network said:

A statewide mask mandate is back in effect on Monday and I'm wondering how that will affect the concert. I hope it still happens, just with masks required. That would honestly be ideal.

It seems impossible to enforce. I'm all for it,I just don't see how it'll be done. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 3:54 PM, desertrose said:

I was curious to see how this played out and according to this article proof of vaccination in CA will start Sept. 20. (((Wish it started in Sept. 3 though 🙃)))

https://ktla.com/news/california/california-becomes-1st-state-to-require-proof-of-covid-vaccination-or-negative-test-for-indoor-events-over-1000-people/