The Upside Downers (New Side Project with Billie, Jason, and Greg)

jengd

9 hours ago, 龑美優 (Miyu Yan) said:

I truly do not know how people were hearing Billie there. 

Greg mimics Billie Joe then.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Greg mimics Billie Joe then.

are you implying that is supposed to be Billie singing?

5 hours ago, Alf said:

are you implying that is supposed to be Billie singing?

It is 100% Billie Joe

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

GDC: COULD THIS RANDOM SONG BE A SUPER SECRET SIDE PROJECT???

Mike in an interview: “there’s new music I’m looking forward to”

Billie in an interview: “there’s going to be a lot of birthday gifts next year, HINT HINT”

GDC: :sleep:

So true. I am much more looking forward to bigger and better things ahead. :) 

I went back to listen to The Influents, and I guess I didn't really realize before the subtle similarities between Greg and Billie's voices.  It doesn't take much to get me befuddled and I know I don't always have the best "ear" for things, so I'm thinking now that the video/song above is Greg.  But still wondering what the surprise record release will be.  

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s not

Yeah I know I was just trollin’

idk why it took so long for the video evidence to be posted here

5 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

GDC: COULD THIS RANDOM SONG BE A SUPER SECRET SIDE PROJECT???

Mike in an interview: “there’s new music I’m looking forward to”

Billie in an interview: “there’s going to be a lot of birthday gifts next year, HINT HINT”

GDC: :sleep:

When were these things said?

15 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

When were these things said?

In an okaland coffee “morning roast” q&a. There is a thread…

The birthday gifts hint hint doesn't have anything to do with this I don’t think. I don’t understand why this guy would be hinting he wants birthday gifts. He can pretty much get whatever he wants whenever he wants.

Mike saying something about new music is intriguing. But probably not to do with the July 17th release.

I think this new project July 17th limited release on vinyl is a Greg, Billie, Jason project is not involving Mike. The theory of this would be great because maybe that means small club shows. Mike and Tre avoided the Longshot and most of the small club shows. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

The birthday gifts hint hint doesn't have anything to do with this I don’t think. I don’t understand why this guy would be hinting he wants birthday gifts. He can pretty much get whatever he wants whenever he wants.

Mike saying something about new music is intriguing. But probably not to do with the July 17th release.

I think this new project July 17th limited release on vinyl is a Greg, Billie, Jason project is not involving Mike. The theory of this would be great because maybe that means small club shows. Mike and Tre avoided the Longshot and most of the small club shows. 

Yeah, I think this all makes sense. I think there is more Green Day coming further down the line and that's what Mike was referring too, and this big secret thing is just another side project thing. As far as the birthday gifts, I agree; I doubt Billie is trying to get people to get him stuff LOL. I think he is also being cheeky and may be referring to some music to release around his birthday as both a gift to himself and all of us. 

I would take a guess at the show played at the Golden Bull the other week. 1234 has seemingly confirmed Greg's involvement with whatever it is, the alternative is that it's something to do with his own musicial project.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, holden_caulfield said:

The Spotify Bio for Zigzag Hearts mentions that Greg, Jason and Billie have a new music project that has an upcoming release called "The Upside Downers".

No date given, but likely a reference to this  secret project?

Thanks! I missed that one. Even more excited now.

A reference to Stranger Things? Very much looking forward to this project.

I hope this project is dark and romantic. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Spotify bio (I don’t know who writes these things but their grammar here is even worse than on band camp. Seriously dude, have someone else look it over for you first):

“The Zigzag Hearts are a new band from Oakland, California. Songwriter and guitarist, Greg Schneider is a musician from previous band “The Influents” put out records on Billie Joe Armstrong’s label from the 2000s, Adeline Records. He currently plays with Jason White (The Influents, the Big Cats & California) touring guitarist for Green Day in a new music project with Greg and Billie Joe that has an upcoming release called “The Upside Downers”. You may hear some of this influence in Greg’s music because he is also currently writing with these songwriters.”

And lookie here, they have an IG already:

https://instagram.com/the.upside.downers?utm_medium=copy_link

maybe he wrote the bio in german, and then used google to translate it 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Spotify bio (I don’t know who writes these things but their grammar here is even worse than on band camp. Seriously dude, have someone else look it over for you first):

“The Zigzag Hearts are a new band from Oakland, California. Songwriter and guitarist, Greg Schneider is a musician from previous band “The Influents” put out records on Billie Joe Armstrong’s label from the 2000s, Adeline Records. He currently plays with Jason White (The Influents, the Big Cats & California) touring guitarist for Green Day in a new music project with Greg and Billie Joe that has an upcoming release called “The Upside Downers”. You may hear some of this influence in Greg’s music because he is also currently writing with these songwriters.”

And lookie here, they have an IG already:

https://instagram.com/the.upside.downers?utm_medium=copy_link

I read it as the record was called the Upside Downers. If that’s a real IG the band is called the Upside Downers?

Omg this is so messed up. I did want a mystery and some fun back. This is great. These bios are messed up. I don’t think it’s on purpose but who’s to say? Bad grammar and ambiguousness finally causing some discussion and mystery solving material for the GDC.

• Like 1

• Todd changed the title to The Upside Downers (New Side Project with Billie, Jason, and Greg)

So do we think this is gonna be Billie’s beloved power pop sound or something different? 

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So do we think this is gonna be Billie’s beloved power pop sound or something different? 

still wishing a punk rock project

• Like 1