"Pollyanna" - NEW SONG

Sanity Loan

I had to listen to it a few times before coming on here and getting my personal opinion swayed/ruined by all the negative comments lol 

I like it—better song than anything on Foam besides maybe graffitia. Even that song I haven’t went back and listened to since the album release day lol

I think I will actually go back and listen to this song multiple times in the next 98 days while counting down til Hella Mega in Minneapolis. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mato said:

I don't mind a more positive vibe, but does it really always have to be the same cliche chord progression? I thought we've got enough of that on Love Is For Losers.

I don't know, I hate to use modern hipster words, but the song is just a meh. Even if it is a throwaway song for the tour.

As someone who loves Love is for Losers, I agree. I mean its not bad, but just what happened to the quality of songwriting? I don't believe Billie can write anything different anymore.

I like it. Not the best track, but a nice upbeat positive vibe. Certainly better than HCTS and the majority of FOAM. The best part? No coke references lol.

One thing: Is it me or do the drums sound weaker than normal?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's growing on me more and more after each listen. I love the positive vibes. The synth sounds cool in the verse. Chorus isn't that strong right now. It's a good song. Kinda sounds like a mix of Trilogy and Foam. It reminds me a very little of Warning for some reason. Like very little.

great song! keep this vibe going for the new album. Of course mix it up with other fast paced punk tunes. But this feels more like the GD I love.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, grinsoniko said:

great song! keep this vibe going for the new album. Of course mix it up with other fast paced punk tunes. But this feels more like the GD I love.

GD was never about the sun shining, powerful hope and butterflies fucking around tho. The song is shit

I think its an oké/good song musically and lyrically, not to complicaties and yeah it hits me in the heart right away. Just what I needed at the moment. Positive vibes  all over!! Love these guys! 

• Like 2

Fun song! My favourite part is the surprise whistling at the end

18 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I wonder if this is the wonderful song he wrote after Obama won in 08, or some reworked cousin of that song

Haha I thought the same when he said wonderful! I feel like it probably isn't the original song (nothing that specifically indicates it other than the word wonderful and being positive, and it seems too perfect for a random old song about something else to be so fitting to the current mood, and it's very much modern Billie writing style) but maybe they took some things from it.

10 minutes ago, BucksCoEric said:

I love the whistling park at the very end. I wish that part was more drawn out

Yeah, one more bar of it would have been nice.

This song made me want to listen to Cage The Elephant. It really fits into a playlist with their music.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Fuck I can’t wait to get on break so I can listen. Love a surprise song drop :D

9 minutes ago, Elxufinnishidiot said:

It's growing on me more and more after each listen. I love the positive vibes. The synth sounds cool in the verse. Chorus isn't that strong right now. It's a good song. Kinda sounds like a mix of Trilogy and Foam. It reminds me a very little of Warning for some reason. Like very little.

Yeah like Warning I was thinking the inspirational message is similar to Hold On

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kurthical said:

GD was never about the sun shining, powerful hope and butterflies fucking around tho. The song is shit

To each their own I guess. I meant it in the laid back songwriting and though the lyrics might be a little cliche here and there, they dont sound too forced for me like in some past cases. 

• Like 3

Really didn't care for it on first listen. Lyrics are generic. Sounds like a song from a rom com. No punch. Hope it grows on me.

• Like 3

I really REALLY like this song and it's a good thing because since last year I lost a little bit of interest with them. But thank god they still can write some good song!
Sadly this song came with a bad news that I can't see them on this tour. I didn't missed a single era since AI. 

• Sad 4

17 minutes ago, Elxufinnishidiot said:

Yeah I got warning vibes and a little of happier sounding nimrod songs like worry rock too

This came out around a minute after i stopped having a crying fit so I’m vibing. Glad to see some synth on a Green Day song too. Nothing wrong with a nice positive pop rock song every once in a while. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaxGD said:

Yeah I got warning vibes and a little of happier sounding nimrod songs like worry rock too

Worry Rock being a happier-sounding song gets me to leave this thread for now

50 minutes ago, dannygreen said:

Synths on the background 😍😍 finally some meaningful lyrics 

Oh no, I didn't want meaning!

Green Day sucks now :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1