New Song: "Here Comes the Shock"

Sanity Loan

Just now, WhiteTim said:

they’re still on the website under artists...

I think people are reading too much into iTunes... the artists/labels/whoever handles the digital uploads can put whatever they want to under the rights section 

They are. Just checked again. 

https://www.warnerrecords.com/ -- scroll down to "artists"

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

FRA was about something. It's about people on social media that shoot their mouths off without thinking, lying and taking extreme positions ("Babys' got the hyperbole!").  Fire, Ready, Aim means to fire off first without pausing to take aim (or think).  It was selected for the NHL but wasn't written for them

Yup! I've been always been surprised that this didn't land or connect more with people? It felt kinda obvious to me and Billie literally used the word 'troll' when first sharing the song. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BillieMyLove said:

Well, we are coming to the conclusion that the song expresses rebellion against Warner, and on a larger scale, perhaps rebelling against a lot of shit in the current world.

I don’t know... it just sounds so vague. I agree it’s another of the generally rebelious songs, but that’s why it falls flat in my opinion.

I’m also not sure how much I buy the Warner theory, because it seems like they’ve just renegotiated their deal/probably own their masters, which is a cool thing, but most likely what happened was that their lawyer negotiated a new contract not some kind of wild drama with Billie throwing a tantruum on the floor in Warner CEO’s office.

• Like 2

The bands all about having fun these days they make the music they enjoy making, its not about what fans demand.

I’m willing to bet Billie loves this song and how it came out and has spent multiple  nights jamming out to it or playing it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don’t know... it just sounds so vague. I agree it’s another of the generally rebelious songs, but that’s why it falls flat in my opinion.

I’m also not sure how much I buy the Warner theory, because it seems like they’ve just renegotiated their deal/probably own their masters, which is a cool thing, but most likely what happened was that their lawyer negotiated a new contract not some kind of wild drama with Billie throwing a tantruum on the floor in Warner CEO’s office.

I don't know about that.  Don't underestimate artists.  Have you seen Bohemian Rhapsody? 😄 Shit like that happens all the time

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don't know about that.  Don't underestimate artists.  Have you seen Bohemian Rhapsody? 😄 Shit like that happens all the time

You know what? I wouldn’t put it past him after all :lol:

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I'm not disputing that, but can we have some nuance in the discussion?  There are signs that they have a restructured deal and that it is significant. Listen to @LaughingClock

They probably did restructured their deal which is a normal practice when renewing deals 

• Like 1

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

FOAM is a big fuck you to Warner.
HCTS is a big fuck you to Warner.
I'll watch The Network carefully this friday for a subliminal fuck you to Warner too.

Seriously guys I think you're looking too deep into the lyrics and everything Green Day does. 

It’s human nature to look for patterns and relationships of cause and effect in chaos. :P Usually that’s a way to make sense of stuff, but it absolutely doesn’t work when it comes to green day, because a lot of what the band does just doesn’t make any sense WHAT THE FUCK GUYS

• Haha 2

The best thing of this new song is that refute the frase "this Will be the Green Day sound for the Next ten years" about FOAM album (the worst thing that GD ever released)... I was so scared about that!

29 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I stand by my belief that every Green Day song has a meaning.  It may not be deep or philosophical (or even literal) but it always expresses a feeling borne out of life events.  It's never about nothing.  So trying to parse out the meaning is part of the fun.  Just because he often deliberately obscures the meaning doesn't make it about nothing. Not ever.

I agree, but at the same time, the vagueness isn’t always the best way. It can create imagery that inspires listeners to draw their own meaning or convey an idea that’s hard to put into words, but in this case, the lyrics just look like a mixture of phrases taken from other songs thrown together to anyone else except for Billie.

I feel like the entire song is a verse. Like it would work great as a part of a 10 minute track. 

I dont think thats the case though, because it would be an odd realese. 

I cant say I like the song, but its alright during this starvation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I agree, but at the same time, the vagueness isn’t always the best way. It can create imagery that inspires listeners to draw their own meaning or convey an idea that’s hard to put into words, but in this case, the lyrics just look like a mixture of phrases taken from other songs thrown together to anyone else except for Billie.

It would be cool if that was intentional though there's always a chance it is

4 minutes ago, Signe said:

I feel like the entire song is a verse. Like it would work great as a part of a 10 minute track. 

a5750babcf0f417f30e0b4773b29e376.gif 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It would be cool if that was intentional though there's always a chance it is

I 100% think it’s intentional. I think he’s been said as much in interviews. He doesn’t like the feeling of preaching and wants to write things that almost anyone can see themselves in. I think sometimes it does pull into a place that’s incredibly abstract, but other times he lands on a mark that connects with people in a deep way. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The issue isn’t the vagueness as much as that he’s repeating himself so much. It’s like he spins a wheel to put the phrases together.

The song would have been only a minute if it wasn't for the repetitive chorus near the end.
I hate repetitive song!!!!!!!! Fuck popper punk

12 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I hate repetitive song!!!!!!!! Fuck popper punk

I listened to the Network album for the first time yesterday. Wtf is that song??? Why does it even exist???