What do you expect for the next Green Day album?

legendary

I think I’d like just a new Green Day album.

A genuine, deep, funny, melodic, rock, Green Day album. 
Even if I follow these guys since a lot of time I really loved Rev Rad. I love it so much it became one of my fav album. 
I like how it was just Green Day expressing their self. It’s a mature work and I love every single note, word, song of it. 
Of course I don’t want a pt. 2 of it, but the same energy, the same love, the same light they put in that album and that tour :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Macys said:

i Want to have revolution radio pt 2. Can’t believe they downgraded from revolution radio to foam and eventually to hcts.

I liked RevRad but I absolutely don't want RevRad 2. RevRad was good but very safe and far too similar to what they did before that album. Like RevRad is literally just a combination of AI, 21CB and the trilogy with nothing really new. People say that 21CB is just AI 2 but that album took things to the next level & imo improved upon AI.

Even though I have quite a lot of issues with FOAMF, it saw them try some new stuff and some of the new sounds they experimented with worked quite well. Others not so much. I don't want them to continue with the FOAMF sound but I want them to continue to try new stuff. If they were to revisit some sounds; I'd prefer them to revisit some of the older sounds that they haven't visited for a while or maybe a couple of sounds from the better tracks of FOAMF. I didn't care for The Network's new album (although I've only listened to it in full once) but there's some interesting lyrical content there which I think would be worth revisiting

But really I have faith that Billie will deliver a good album if he takes his time with it. I'm happy to wait years if it means we get an album as good as their best sounding, lyrically brilliant and most inspired albums. If they announce a new album this year, I'll be worried that it'll be rushed or just FOAMF part 2.

• Like 3

It'd be cool to see a little EP from the guys? Like Blink did with "Dogs eating Dogs". 5 songs, a little bit of a departure from the expected sound, but it was short enough, and digestible enough that the fan base at the time could take it or leave it.

Also - I am in NO rush for any new Green Day. I think I like the idea of just enjoying what we already have. I've been thinking a lot about this - especially with Daft Punk splitting up - it's like the fact we likely won't get music from them again made me go back and re-listen and rediscover why i loved them so much in the first place.

Not saying I'd ever want Green Day to split up, (at least not before putting out a final masterpiece) but I think a year or so before anything crazy new would be fine. Heck, there was a 5 year gap between AI and 21CB (I mean yea we got a live album and FBHT but) - those years, even as the 11 - 16 year old kid I was, were some of my favourite years being a green day fan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Freezing Melons said:

It'd be cool to see a little EP from the guys? Like Blink did with "Dogs eating Dogs". 5 songs, a little bit of a departure from the expected sound, but it was short enough, and digestible enough that the fan base at the time could take it or leave it.

Also - I am in NO rush for any new Green Day. I think I like the idea of just enjoying what we already have. I've been thinking a lot about this - especially with Daft Punk splitting up - it's like the fact we likely won't get music from them again made me go back and re-listen and rediscover why i loved them so much in the first place.

Not saying I'd ever want Green Day to split up, (at least not before putting out a final masterpiece) but I think a year or so before anything crazy new would be fine. Heck, there was a 5 year gap between AI and 21CB (I mean yea we got a live album and FBHT but) - those years, even as the 11 - 16 year old kid I was, were some of my favourite years being a green day fan.

The reason I think 21CB was so good was because they spent so much time on it. Billie started writing for it in January 06 and they worked on it in studio for over a year. Now I'm not saying they need to put as much time into their next album as that but it's definitely an explanation for why their later albums aren't quite as good imo. Of course this is just my opinion though. Ik 21CB isn't everyone's favourite and a lot of people really like the albums they did afterwards

I wouldn't mind seeing them release EPs or other side projects while working on the next album though. I think the side projects they did before AI/21CB were good for the band's creativity.

• Like 2

I'm actually listening to Nimrod right now and I just love the silly and witty lyrics they had. "Don't pat yourself on the back you might break your spine". Loved the lyrics on Insomniac too. I just really miss that in their music. Lyrically they have been struggling but Billie is a brilliant songwriter. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I wouldn't mind seeing them release EPs or other side projects while working on the next album though

I'd be interested in an EP of something different for them, but as GD rather than a side project. 21CB is a good example of them pushing themselves. I remember Billie saying how hard he worked to make Restless Heart Syndrome and that's one of my favourites on that album. I think they could try something new like that in an EP form and push it further. It's a good way to try something different without the pressure of having to worry about sales, promo, singles, performing live, etc. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I liked RevRad but I absolutely don't want RevRad 2. RevRad was good but very safe and far too similar to what they did before that album. Like RevRad is literally just a combination of AI, 21CB and the trilogy with nothing really new. People say that 21CB is just AI 2 but that album took things to the next level & imo improved upon AI.

Even though I have quite a lot of issues with FOAMF, it saw them try some new stuff and some of the new sounds they experimented with worked quite well. Others not so much. I don't want them to continue with the FOAMF sound but I want them to continue to try new stuff. If they were to revisit some sounds; I'd prefer them to revisit some of the older sounds that they haven't visited for a while or maybe a couple of sounds from the better tracks of FOAMF. I didn't care for The Network's new album (although I've only listened to it in full once) but there's some interesting lyrical content there which I think would be worth revisiting

But really I have faith that Billie will deliver a good album if he takes his time with it. I'm happy to wait years if it means we get an album as good as their best sounding, lyrically brilliant and most inspired albums. If they announce a new album this year, I'll be worried that it'll be rushed or just FOAMF part 2.

Well yeah something new and good would be a treat. I’m just scared the guys will go after party theme and that shit sucks. If they do decide to write about party just give us dos 2 but not foamf and never. Fun album but I doubt anyone besides gd fans would listen to the whole album after the title track. Billies falsetto is just unbearable. 

1 minute ago, Macys said:

Well yeah something new and good would be a treat. I’m just scared the guys will go after party theme and that shit sucks. If they do decide to write about party just give us dos 2 but not foamf and never. Fun album but I doubt anyone besides gd fans would listen to the whole album after the title track. Billies falsetto is just unbearable. 

Yeah I want them to get away from the whole "partying" music. It's getting pretty old. But I don't like hearing stuff like "RevRad 2", "dos 2", "FOAMF 2". I want their next album to be its own thing.

• Like 1

I think some 80s metal inspired sounds would be great. Lyrically about the state of the world, living in fear, social agendas, and of course the landscape of the internet/social media. I think they could pull off like a punk dads kind of tone. Like admitting they are aging but still rock and roll. 

Songs that come to mind that have a similar vibe are: Forever Now, Sugar Youth 

• Love 1

I kind of feel like FOAM might not have been what we wanted, but it's what we needed from Green Day in 2020. Partying while the world's on fire is exactly what they'd do. But how did they know? After this whole mess is over and the world is (hopefully) recovering from the pandemic, I feel like we might get a more reserved, sober, mature album. But all I know is that I don't know nothin'.

• Like 3

Green Day have written quite a lot about feeling isolated and I think that's something that near everyone has been feeling for the past year. And with how the world is politically right now, I can see Green Day's next album being one of their bests lyrically if they play their cards right

• Like 3

They have done a great job at crafting a different sound for each record.

One could make the argument that 39/Smooth and Kerplunk are similar and possibly Idiot and Breakdown.  But even those are vastly different records.  

If you're worried GREEN DAY XIV will be another FOAM, don't!  

Worry that it will be a let down, sure.  Go for it.   But it wont' be.   This is Green Day you Mofo.  

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to find that Boozey part of the forum.  I'm a bit tipsy after a really bad day.    Have you ever had TWO DIFFERENT cars break down.   and then go to a car rental place only to find that they have no cars to rent.   

My phone nearly died before booking the last uber and I considered sleeping in an Enterprise parking lot.   But that's neither here nor there and off topic as well.   Gotta find the booze forum.  

Green Day XIV is going to BANG BANG.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, That Dude said:

Have you ever had TWO DIFFERENT cars break down.   and then go to a car rental place only to find that they have no cars to rent.   

I have not but I once went hungry to a pizza place to find they were out of pizza so yes I have felt the same way. Meet you in the boozy threads.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, michael1989 said:

I have not but I once went hungry to a pizza place to find they were out of pizza so yes I have felt the same way. Meet you in the boozy threads.

I once went to a strip club like 10 times

• Like 1

Before Green Day produces a new album, they should let off steam with a Foxboro Hot Tubs album.

And then away from the garage sound to pop-punk/punk-rock. I don't think that garage sound fits Green Day

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

• 1 month later...

All albums have their own characteristics. New Green Day album which will come out (probably) around September 2022 will surely be one of the best and there's no doubt it will be a favourite of most fans. Keep in mind that 20th Anniversary of American Idiot is coming after the new album. Expect some surprises and a big solid new album in the fall of 2022. (Not much later and not sooner)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

All albums have their own characteristics. New Green Day album which will come out (probably) around September 2022 will surely be one of the best and there's no doubt it will be a favourite of most fans. Keep in mind that 20th Anniversary of American Idiot is coming after the new album. Expect some surprises and a big solid new album in the fall of 2022. (Not much later and not sooner)

Where did you come up with September 2022? We don't really know anything about this next album.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Where did you come up with September 2022? We don't really know anything about this next album.

Hearing from a few people who are related to the band and guessing that this coronavirus thing will be much more in control by next year. That's why I needed to say 'probably'. Of course nobody knows when the coronavirus will end. So let's say this is just a fair estimation at the moment.

• Like 3

New Green Day album will contain a track where Billie records himself loudly sniffing poppers to flex on Fink.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3