Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

31 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Transistors Gone Wild is Fink, no?

You're right it is mainly Fink except for Van Gough doing the "My brain is melting and it smells like a volcano" in the chorus and probably some backing vocals. Hard to say whether some of the songs are more a Fink song with extra Van Gough vocals (or vice versa, Reto is mostly Van Gough with Fink doing a line in the chorus for example) or a true duet.

More of a mixture on MM2020 whereas it seems to usually be just one singer per song on the new album. I wonder if they recorded separately sometimes due to covid? Could be a factor.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

You're right it is mainly Fink except for Van Gough doing the "My brain is melting and it smells like a volcano" in the chorus and probably some backing vocals. 

I think that line is actually Billie just singing deeper like he does in CUNT. That's what it has always sounded like to me. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I think that line is actually Billie just singing deeper like he does in CUNT. That's what it has always sounded like to me. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, That Dude said:

Has anyone ever heard The Network on the radio? 

I know I haven't.

Without being an International Superfan, I don't think I would have even stumbled upon them in any way.  Ever.

Have they charted at all? 

I don't know. 

But in the GD radio they used to play Foxboro Hot Tubs. It was a surprise that they knew who they were.

I said it because I already read people mentioning Longshot and Billie's covers on the radio so it doesn't sound unlikely to hear them over there (US, Europe etc)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pereprimus said:

heard them one time only on radio and it was fentanyl, first time I heard it didn't knew it was them. Ivankkka too but it was for the trump affiliation and that's all

ps: some of my friends who don't care about /like GD are actually liking this album by the way

I just want to know what DJ had the balls to put Ivankkka on the radio. That person is my new hero. 

20 hours ago, Hermione said:

The Network is Billie (Fink), Mike (Van Gough), Tre (The Snoo), Reto Peter (Captain Underpants), Chris Dugan (Z) and Jason White (Balducci)

Wow, yeah I know that. Whoops! :lol: I'm not sure why I mentioned Kevin. I know he's not in The Network. I think it's because someone else mentioned him and I was on autopilot. I'm also sick so my brain isn't working well right now. 😅  Post has been corrected.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

I just want to know what DJ had the balls to put Ivankkka on the radio. That person is my new hero. 

trump has not the same impact here in Belgium, don't remember the dj..... I know it was in the new songs on classic 21 station, and the broadcaster just laughed saying it was kinda good and fun.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tomcat20 said:

Who is behind Reto Peter? Kevin?

Reto Peter is the guy's real name, he's an engineer who's worked with Green Day. His Network name is Captain Underpants, the one who plays the keytar. Kevin isn't in The Network.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pereprimus said:

trump has not the same impact here in Belgium, don't remember the dj..... I know it was in the new songs on classic 21 station, and the broadcaster just laughed saying it was kinda good and fun.

I love this. I didn't know it was Belgium. I want someone to put that on the radio here in the U.S.

58 minutes ago, TJChrobo said:

I did a thing.

880-BD38-E-22-CD-413-C-8-D5-C-E81-D90-E2

That's so good!

1 hour ago, TJChrobo said:

I did a thing.

880-BD38-E-22-CD-413-C-8-D5-C-E81-D90-E2

I need this! Would fit perfectly with my other GD tatoos

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 1:36 PM, DookieLukie said:

You know, I always thought it was Mike singing Transistors Gone Wild (minus "give me murder give me lust" etc. lines); especially the "my brain is melting and it smells like a volcano" line, but listening to it now, I do hear Billie. The rest of it sounds like Billie and Mike singing a duet, but Billie's vocals stand out.

Before I saw this, I came here to say that I think my favorite line from Threat Level Midnight is "We kneel and pray to a god that doesn't exist." It's just a really great line and really resonates with me for some reason.

• Like 3

so, 2020 is over (hallelujah), will we become the green day community again or is the network taking over 2021 too? 😄

• Like 1

The Network can stay until the end of the Rat's year - February 12th, its somewhat reasonable, if until then Green Day will remain completely silent.

• Like 1