The Network is back!

Little Boy Named Booze

3 hours ago, The Grohl said:

If they do a new album I wouldn't expect a release until March. It seems like most albums being announced now have a March release date due to vinyl manufacturer delays. 

One of the biggest vinyl manufacturers in California had their building burnt down from the fires so there's a ton of shortages right now

• Sad 3

On 10/31/2020 at 2:47 PM, Green Day In Seattle said:

Myself and some other GDCers made an executive decision last night that if Kevin becomes a member of The Network, his name will be either Dink or D-Man.

Dink and Fink! The fantastic duo!

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

That might be happening, a possibility for sure (maybe with an earlier digital release), but I am wondering if the Insomniac release happening in 2021 is because they had the other slots reserved for this and the NFM record printing.

Not that Insomniac or NFM have anything to share with the Network of course 40.gif

I thought they said on the product page there was a vinyl delay. I mean they could be lying to us. But why would they? There's no connection to Green Day whatsoever 😬

11 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

One of the biggest vinyl manufacturers in California had their building burnt down from the fires so there's a ton of shortages right now

That's right. I forgot about that. 

I was wondering for a second there if I was on the right website lol. If The Network is taking over GDC there will be no bills problem each month anymore. I'm gonna donate all my money.

20 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I thought they said on the product page there was a vinyl delay. I mean they could be lying to us. But why would they? There's no connection to Green Day whatsoever 😬

That's right. I forgot about that. 

Maybe only a certain amount of vinyls can be printed at this time, and those masked bastards stole the Insomniac slots to release their stupid new wave record, maybe the Network is the vinyl delay, but in that case, would the vinyl delay be real, a fake, or just Panicland’s fault? 31.gif 

• Haha 2

Oh my God this is the best thread ever. 

So where are we now? Still giving reasons why TUT is definitely real or are have we passed that and now debating that it's somehow not BJA, but Mike or Jason singing it again?

Spoiler:

Spoiler

It's Billie 😂

24 minutes ago, SqueekBatHalloweenBlaster said:

Don't forget about this. After the release of The Network's Money Money 2020, GD put out American Idiot! Dun dun dunnnnnn!

American Idiot Part II Confirmed!!!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Uh oh, looks like the Network are trying to hack Mike’s account again 😂 (guess that’s his excuse for his profile appearing in the Tarantula vid)

I wonder if they have a new Russian band member 39.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Clockwise said:

I love how it's been over a year since FOAM was announced and they never updated the logo to match the new era, but when The Network comes back it's done in a matter of days!

Because TUT is a song worthy of updating the logo for 😂

6 hours ago, Todd said:

Bingo. Money Money 2020 Part II isn’t going to deviate from the Network formula. Short, simple songs with the classic Network sound. Not only does The Ultimate Test not sound like Billie or Mike (especially when you listen to the bridge), it’s too long and it’s too complex. It doesn’t fit in at all. 

You know what, you are absolutely right. MM 2020 II is not going to give a crap about the whole album fitting a certain tone, just like the first one!

All the more reason to believe TUT will be on this upcoming The Network record.
I think once a better quality version of the song pops up without so much compression, a lot more people will hear it's definitely real.

To those of you wrong people that like the Foxboro Hot Tubs better than The Network, this gives us hope that they too will be resurrected at some point.   I had kind of given up hope for a Network record.  But here we are.  

Today I was thinking about whether Green Day should do other bands like this, or if Billie is stretched across enough bands.  At first I thought it would be cool to do different side projects going forward, but I think between Green Day, The Network and the Tubbies that it gives the band enough room to do just about anything.   

Now, I do have to bring up the side project that frustrates me the most (not the frustrators, lol).    

RODEO QUEENS (Green Day and Jesse Malin).   Now, Jesse is a friend of the guys, but his own music isn't that great in my opinion.  But I want an album by these guys.   

I was picking on the Tubbies earlier, but they are so much fun.  I definitely want a second record from them because Dos didn't really count.   

I bet Lady Cobra would like to work with both the Network and the Tubs!    

Also, are we sure that the Foxboro Hot Tubs are Green Day?    They seem kind of suspect as well.    There are 8 billion people around, so it's not far fetched for their to be two people that sing and look alike.    Even 3 people.     What if Fink, Billie Joe and Twitch are actually 3 different people???????

Maybe this time around, these projects don't have to be the purging of ideas they were the first time around.    Money Money 2020 was them experimenting with the fire that would eventually create American Idiot, while the band was in a state of turmoil.  

The Tubbies sort of the same thing but on the back end of Idiot, with the band trying to find a new inspiration.   

But now, I feel like Green Day have more of a grasp on themselves.   They can make a record with these projects with no pressure and toss them out to us.     They don't need long gaps between records, but doing these would keep them busy and us happy.    Money Money 2021 and then perhaps GREEN DAY 14 in 2022.    I won't ramble off all the projects through the year 4000 like I want to, but you get the idea.    These bands seem to serve a different function for them now.    They used to be necessary to get the main band motivated again.   But it's strictly fun.    Or more fun, because how much fun would it to be Green Day?     

:)

oh and all these songs are real.   

• Like 2

wow! this used to be a fanside/forum for green day. Now youre all talking about this band "The network" that has totally NOTHING to do  with Green day... im so annoyed

Kappa

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I wonder if they have a new Russian band member 39.gif

2 minutes ago, Red said:

Who the fuck is Green Day? Why are we talking about these obscure bands on The Network Community?

Yeah, like I have no idea either, man. All I wanna do is talk about Joe Robots, Supermodel Robots and X-Ray Hamburgers. 

Edited by Elxufinnishidiot
  • Haha 1

That is a picture of The Snoo, before he joined the legendary The Network band. What a sexy beast. 

Edited by Elxufinnishidiot

39 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Maybe only a certain amount of vinyls can be printed at this time, and those masked bastards stole the Insomniac slots to release their stupid new wave record, maybe the Network is the vinyl delay, but in that case, would the vinyl delay be real, a fake, or just Panicland’s fault? 31.gif 

tenor.gif

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Elxufinnishidiot said:

Yeah, like I have no idea either, man. All I wanna do is talk about Joe Robots, Supermodel Robots and X-Ray Hamburgers. 

Or my personal favorite, hungry hungry models on the ruuuuuuhhhhhnnnwayyyyy

• Like 2

"hey this is Brandon but my friends call me Spike now....."

Fink's real name is close to that Panicland Guy.   But forget that. 

We can track Fink down using some information in the song, because it is 100% autobiographical.  

Brandon moved out of his parents house in Danville, to a warehouse in Oakland.   He got kicked out due to rent issues.   This is all traceable.  

His  ex-girlfriend lived in La Jolla, stayed with him for a while and then moved back.  Because he is a junkie.   I bet people have trouble remembering her name, but not her face.   I bet her name starts with an A and end with manda Jones.   (her holy grace)

Possible criminal record involving drugs.  

Once I pin down a last name for Brandon AKA Fink, I'm going after Van Gogh.  He has issues with sniffing glue and blowing lots of money, so probably has a record too.    These are not guys you want to mess with.   

(I'm listening to Money Money 2020 and there's a lot of gambling references, among other things.    these guys are kind of gross!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I just don't get it. Why are so many people still not hearing what is very clearly Billie's voice in TUT? There are intricacies of how he pronounces and delivers things that can't be replicated. 

It's probably those little pricks from Panicland again

• Sad 1