The Network is back!

Little Boy Named Booze

10 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Now I'm listening to it again and you know what? I'm going to make my own theory that it's actually Tobias Forge - Papa Emeritus has joined the Church!

[MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

We wish to inform you that Papa Emeritus IV has joined the Church of Lushotology.
Join us too!

• Love 1

Off topic but I wish GD interacted w the fans more. They’re niche enough now to post on a board like this and talk to dedicated fans. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I think I'm in the minority here, but I don't think TUT is a Network song.

Can you elaborate a little? Like are you in the camp of "It's a new Green Day song but not The Network" or "It's completely fake"? Maybe something else entirely?

1 minute ago, dallasthemenace said:

i swear to fuck, if it's those panicland twats again....

I can almost guarantee its not them. I am pretty accustomed to Braedon's voice now. They did post this on the same day The Network released The Prophecy.

It's a great cover of The Beatles song in the style of MOOTIK/GD Fanfic, but the voices in this and The Ultimate Test are definitely not the same.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Red said:

I can almost guarantee its not them. I am pretty accustomed to Braedon's voice now. They did post this on the same day The Network released The Prophecy.

It's a great cover of The Beatles song in the style of MOOTIK/GD Fanfic, but the voices in this and The Ultimate Test are definitely not the same.

Not only that but it is clearly a very rough homemade production (even though it’s a cool cover I like it) as compared to the production quality of TUT

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I know it's like rough Youtube quality but I don't really find the production that great on The Ultimate Test, to my ears The Prophecy sounds much more professional.

26 minutes ago, Boobooo said:

Theory: @Clockwise is actually secretly a member of The Network and is only saying TUT isn't Billie singing just so they can swoop in and claim it as a Network song. 

Alternatively, @Clockwise is actually secretly a member of Green Day and is saying TUT isn't Billie singing just so they can separate themselves even further from those wannabe imposter dipshits, The Network. 

Either way we are all way too far down this rabbit hole to ever go back now. 

I blame Panicland.  They gave us all PTSD. 

Do any of us here really know who any of us really are though? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

I know it's like rough Youtube quality but I don't really find the production that great on The Ultimate Test, to my ears The Prophecy sounds much more professional.

It’s an early demo from February 

• Like 2

I just listened to TUT again and It still does not sound like Billie to me. The only part that sounds a small bit like him is the line “worn out welcome” at 26 seconds into the song. More specifically its the way he says “welcome”.

But one word that sounds a small bit like Billie is not enough to convince me this is real.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, legendary said:

I was thinking that voice on TUT was similar to Billie, but with this "separete version" I can say that's different. 

I get that, the separation isn't good by all means and doesn't fully isolate enough of the voice which will make some parts sound even less like him than in the actual song.

For me personally though it highlighted Billie Joe moments even further. Just listen to the way he says stuff like "Playing", "Gone", "Test" and "Follow".

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Otis Big said:

It’s an early demo from February 

It definitely sounds like a demo, just not by The Network. :P

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Todd said:

I can't wait to blast "we're right, you're wrong" when the album comes out and the ultimate test isn't on it because it's not a real network song :P Some of you guys are really gullible. Still falling for these "leaks" after Panicland showed you up? :lol: If it was a real leak, lawyers would have taken it down. If the band wanted to tease us with it, they would have posted it on the instagram like they did the real songs. Those two are unmistakably the network. Nice try with the ultimate test, it sounds good, but it sounds nothing like the real clips we've heard so far. 

For the record, I didn't fall for Panicland (I get bragging rights).

And as far as your other points are concerned: It's not a "leak". It was very intentional, and that's why lawyers haven't taken it down. I believe the reason TUT wasn't on insta is because it was a little clue for us to find back before this became obvious (we're all late).

But maybe it is fake. That would mean that the fakers have hella good timing. Like, damn, how did they know The Network was coming back soon? 

• Like 3

Jesus fucking Christ people! Bill Schneider, a very close crew and friend of Green Day, has confirmed TWICE that the song is fake and y’all are still arguing it?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, realDonaldTrump said:

That’s not Billie on ultimate test lmao. The beginning part sort of sounds like mike (if you’ve been a fan for a while, you’ll know Mike can make his voice sound any way he wants, dude could voice cartoons if he wanted to) but the rest of the song sounds like someone from r/GreenDay trying to sound like Billie. It’s 100000% not Billie. If it is I’ll legit jump off the Golden Gate Bridge with a news crew filming me

While I agree that's it's not Billie, I know it ain't Mike either. Yes, it's true that Mike has a versatile voice, and he can sound like Billie, but it's not him. I think it's Jason. Listen to his song "Hungover". If it's not Jason, then it's Billie (and it'll be a damn shocker if it is).

(This is unlikely, but what is it's Tre? This just came to me, I don't know why I even considered this to be plausible).