What’s your favorite trilogy album and why?

Fuzz

What’s your favorite trilogy album and why?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Fredes said:

It's been 8 years. I've been pretending those albums never happened for a while.

I've been pretending green day haven't released anything since 09 to get myself hyped and listen to the new stuff when it's released :(  

8 hours ago, jengd said:

I really like Tre but probably need to listen to all three again to really give a sensible answer but I like it’s reckless feel. 

I voted Tre but should maybe do the same. Having said that I way overplayed Uno when it came out and can’t really get into it the same these days!

This one is a hard choice for me. I really like both UNO and TRÉ. I can definitely answer that my least favorite is DOS. I still like it, though.

I like the trilogy, I would prefer if it was just one album with the best 12 songs of it but I don‘t understand the hate

The Trilogy rules. Depending on the mood each one could be a favorite. I love all three. Tre probably my least fav if I had to say. And Uno and Dos tied for second minus a few things. Can’t beat Stay the Night, Fell for You, Oh Love, Wild One, Lazy Bones, See You Tonight, Stop When the Red Light Flash... LOVE THOSE SONGS! 

• Like 1

dos has the most bangers and slaps the hardest, with the exception of nightlife.. lady cobra is a turd and ruined a perfectly mediocre song.

plus, dos has lazy bones, and thats the best song of the trilogy.

I like Dos the best because Lazy Bones is on there and when it came out I was really emo so it became my favorite song of theirs to come out in years

On 8/9/2020 at 2:54 AM, IsaGreenDay said:

Tré because of Brutal Love, 8th Ave Serenade, X-Kid and Walk Away.

This! 

7 hours ago, michael1989 said:

Interesting to see they're all pretty close in the votes.

I swear the consensus hasn't changed at all in nearly 8 years, Uno and Tre about equally liked and Dos liked a bit less is how it's always been. I think like for all of them has gone up a bit though (or maybe just hate has gone down haha).

• Like 2

Trilogy era = best and most interesting song writing era (#sorry/notsorry) and def the cause of the most discussion among engaged Green Day fans. 

Trilogy era + Longshot era = especially special 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The one that starts off with Brutal Love... what can I say I love my fav rock band covering my favorite soul artist 

• Haha 1

This is very hard for me, being a huge trilogy lover. I think Tre is probably the best of the three, but Uno is the most listenable. I've also been listening to Dos a bit more since FOAM came out because I feel like they compliment each other.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised how many people have Uno as their favorite. For me, it's by far my least favorite. It's just bland compared to the other 2 and not too many memorable songs on it. I think Tre is the strongest and has gems such as: X-Kid, Brutal Love, Missing You, Dirty Rotten Bastards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 11:39 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Random topic but I’ll play 🙂

Uno because it’s the most consistent collection of high quality songs

Yeah, pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

Tre has some of my favorite trilogy jams, but the album is all over the place in consistency.

Dos also has some great songs on it, but was cringy as fuck and trying way too hard to be an edgy party album for it to be enjoyable for me, even when I was 21. Enjoyed hearing a few decent Foxboro style songs on there though, especially Stray Heart.

Uno is a front to back collection of good Green Day songs, some even great and only a dud or two on the whole thing. It could have used more distortion and some of the songs weren't fully realized, but listening to it front to back, I am least likely to hit the skip button on any of the songs on this album.

So yeah. Uno gets my vote.

On 8/28/2020 at 7:42 AM, AmyxLongview said:

I'm surprised how many people have Uno as their favorite. For me, it's by far my least favorite. It's just bland compared to the other 2 and not too many memorable songs on it. I think Tre is the strongest and has gems such as: X-Kid, Brutal Love, Missing You, Dirty Rotten Bastards.

I completely get where you are coming from, as I said some of the best jams are not on Uno, but talking about the album as a whole, like it's pretty obvious that Tre is the leftover songs that they couldn't decide which other album they would fit the best on to.

Some songs on Uno might not hit the greatness of some of the songs from the other albums, but consistency is key when it come's to an albums overall quality, and if I could only pick one of the three, it would be the one that ranges from good to great, than any of the ones that go from great to bad to ehh to bad to great.

On 8/12/2020 at 3:47 AM, Hermione said:

I swear the consensus hasn't changed at all in nearly 8 years, Uno and Tre about equally liked and Dos liked a bit less is how it's always been. I think like for all of them has gone up a bit though (or maybe just hate has gone down haha).

It's much easier to appreciate the trilogy these days with that god awful FOAM thing that's out there right now 😂

Just kidding I like FOAM, I don't love it but its really not that terrible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Red said:

Just kidding I like FOAM, I don't love it but its really not that terrible.

I think that’s what you call damned by faint praise! 😂

The trilogy is always difficult for me as there are great songs on all three albums and I so wish they all sounded like the Otis remixes.  If I was just going to sit and listen, the Uno would probably be my favourite but if I was rushing around doing stuff the Tre has bangers in it, Dos has some really good stuff too and I think I sing along most to it but it’s inconsistent and out if everything, I still think Amy is the worst song BJ has ever written.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jengd said:

I still think Amy is the worst song BJ has ever written.

I still think Amy is far more well written than Drama Queen.. Like what the fuck is that song even about? Having the hots for someone who just started "bleeding"?? that's creepy as fuck.

3 hours ago, Red said:

I still think Amy is far more well written than Drama Queen.. Like what the fuck is that song even about? Having the hots for someone who just started "bleeding"?? that's creepy as fuck.

I think you’re taking that too literally but could be wrong.

3 hours ago, Red said:

Back when it was going to be on 21st CB (before it got replaced by Murder City at the last minute) Billie talked about it and said it's about young female celebrities getting exploited by the media/their families. With that in mind I guess the "she's old enough to bleed now" line has a double meaning, she's old enough to bleed ie exploit and make money off, as well as bringing to mind literally starting to bleed/menstruate around the same age. It is creepy, but it's a creepy subject so it's supposed to be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Back when it was going to be on 21st CB (before it got replaced by Murder City at the last minute) Billie talked about it and said it's about young female celebrities getting exploited by the media/their families. With that in mind I guess the "she's old enough to bleed now" line has a double meaning, she's old enough to bleed ie exploit and make money off, as well as bringing to mind literally starting to bleed/menstruate. It is creepy, but it's a creepy subject so it's supposed to be.

Thank you for explaining that. I had a completely different idea but now I have a good reason to think the song isn't as creepy and random as it sounds.

... if I ever bother to not hit the skip button whenever it comes on again 😂

Spoiler

Also thank fuck they replaced it with Murder City on 21CB, damn it would have hurt the album a lot if they didnt

Just now, Red said:

Thank you for explaining that. I had a completely different idea but now I have a good reason to think the song isn't as creepy and random as it sounds.

... if I ever bother to not hit the skip button whenever it comes on again 😂

Yeah like I'd heard that description from Billie before I ever heard the song so I never viewed it any other way, I don't know if I would've made the connection otherwise. I think "Daddy's little bundle of joy" is really creepy as well lol. But when you think of Britney singing Baby One More Time in a schoolgirl outfit at 16 or Jessica Simpson making a vow of virginity to her dad with a purity ring it's kind of appropriate.

6 minutes ago, Red said:

Hide contents

Also thank fuck they replaced it with Murder City on 21CB, damn it would have hurt the album a lot if they didnt

Murder City is a banger! I do wonder how similar/different the 21st CB version of Drama Queen was though

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Murder City is a banger! I do wonder how similar/different the 21st CB version of Drama Queen was though

MC is one of my favorite songs to jam to on guitar for sure, the fact that it was nearly never put on the album makes me appreciate it even more.

Regardless of how different drama queen would have been on 21CB, I can almost guarantee I still would have hated it that's for sure 😂

It's B side material at best (and even saying that is an insult to all the incredible B sides we have had over the years), the fact that it even made it on to the trilogy even surprises me. Yeah hahaha I am clearly not a fan 😂
(Sorry to anyone who is)

• Like 1

I've always said I would like Drama Queen if I didn't speak English.  The lyrics are just too, yeah no, for me.