Billie Joe to appear on Late Show with James Corden April 28

pacejunkie punk

22 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Get Basie and Cleo in there. They never get as much screen time.

Those are clearly not the top dogs anymore. It’s amazing to me how fast Lenny worked his way in there as soon as they got him and now Minni seems poised to do the same.  

Billie promoting a cover more than any of GD's new music is very strange and telling.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Billie promoting a cover more than any of GD's new music is very strange and telling.

They would still be promoting FOAMF if Tre and Mike were able to perform from home as well.

43 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Yup it’s telling that we are living in unprecedented times, and that album promotion in not that important in these times.

And cover promotion is?

Knowing Billie, he would play anything except an spontaneus performance like acoustic Graffitia.

He should play Meet Me On The Roof. One can still make a wish...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

And cover promotion is?

I'm not sure if this is right..

but maybe he is doing the covers to promote the song artist/groups/bands as he knows everyone is struggling during this time.

I feel like he is doing it for a good cause where he is trying to help other artists as well as promote himself?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, remember2learn2forget said:

I'm not sure if this is right..

but maybe he is doing the covers to promote the song artist/groups/bands as he knows everyone is struggling during this time.

I feel like he is doing it for a good cause where he is trying to help other artists as well as promote himself?

Yes. But he is always listed as “Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day”. If he was dealt going for a solo thing, he’d drop the Green Day part.

3 minutes ago, Squashie said:

Yes. But he is always listed as “Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day”. If he was dealt going for a solo thing, he’d drop the Green Day part.

Yeah you're right. I just think that maybe he is trying to support other artists and still do what he wants simultaneously??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, remember2learn2forget said:

Yeah you're right. I just think that maybe he is trying to support other artists and still do what he wants simultaneously??

For sure. I think it’s great he’s helping other artists - even getting them involved in the videos he’s doing to post. The covers are great and I look forward to them. 

i think is definitely a way for him to keep busy and sane. He loves music and he is a workaholic. I’m glad he’s found a way to be productive during this. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Squashie said:

For sure. I think it’s great he’s helping other artists - even getting them involved in the videos he’s doing to post. The covers are great and I look forward to them. 

i think is definitely a way for him to keep busy and sane. He loves music and he is a workaholic. I’m glad he’s found a way to be productive during this. 

Couldn't agree with you more. I love that he has still found a way to produce new music, despite everything going on at the moment.

And as you said, it is great that he is including them in the videos! He truly is a wonderful man

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, remember2learn2forget said:

Couldn't agree with you more. I love that he has still found a way to produce new music, despite everything going on at the moment.

And as you said, it is great that he is including them in the videos! He truly is a wonderful man

Also! Welcome to the board! 

• Love 1

Personally when I say it’s kind of strange that Billie is doing all these appearances, I’m not complaining nor am I saying GD are breaking up. I love it! But purely as an observation I have just never seen him do this.  It’s different. Someone is booking these late night appearances so there has to be a reason beyond just “for the fans”. He can do stuff for the fans online. So the question is, if they’re wanting to promote sales of FOAM, why management isn’t also booking Mike and Tre remotely. Even if they don’t do much. I’m just going to go with the theory that Billie is the hottest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

Personally when I say it’s kind of strange that Billie is doing all these appearances, I’m not complaining nor am I saying GD are breaking up. I love it! But purely as an observation I have just never seen him do this.  It’s different. Someone is booking these late night appearances so there has to be a reason beyond just “for the fans”. He can do stuff for the fans online. So the question is, if they’re wanting to promote sales of FOAM, why management isn’t also booking Mike and Tre remotely. Even if they don’t do much. I’m just going to go with the theory that Billie is the hottest. 

While I would be amused & entertained by it, I don’t think Mike playing bass solo would be a hit for tv appearances. Same with Tre.

Tre did a video of him playing drums for FOA last month that was posted on YouTube. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, remember2learn2forget said:

Thank you! I'm really excited to be here. Y'all seem so nice

Most of us are. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

It tells that there's an unexpected pandemic going on and everyone's in lockdown and therefore playing as a band and promoting themselves as normal is off the cards. If there wasn't a pandemic Green Day would be playing their songs at shows. Before the lockdown when Green Day appeared on shows they played the new songs. It's really ridiculous that people are judging the band because Billie is doing these extra performances in lockdown lmao. It would be in poor taste to use these appearances to try and heavily push their new album and also probably a lot of the new songs aren't that well suited to a solo living room performance so it wouldn't be the best way to present them anyway. Playing hits and covers is more fitting in that environment and is more in keeping with the spirit of what these lockdown performances are meant to be.

So why is he releasing new music every week? Why are other bands releasing albums? He has said he wouldn't play FOAM songs live anyway. My criticism is that the guys seem to put out new music and hardly have any faith in it. They're basically a legacy band or Billie solo project now.

• Like 1