Otis Big Guitar Mix EP!

Jon Benjamin

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

Mixes have been available on Spotify for hours now, not just 20 minutes ago.

My bad lol

31 minutes ago, Eric said:

Mixes have been available on Spotify for hours now, not just 20 minutes ago.

That's what I was going to say πŸ˜‚

13 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Poppies grow from the ground.

Coca leaves come from the ground.

wanna rethink that?

Not that its at all relevant to the thread, but poppies and coca undergo chemical treatment. Bud is the untreated plant. There's clearly a difference.

These mixes are so muddy, not that its a surprise considering the state of RevRad which was also mixed by Billie. If you had these guitars mixed by someone else I think the songs would be much stronger than the originals.

10 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Not that its at all relevant to the thread, but poppies and coca undergo chemical treatment. Bud is the untreated plant. There's clearly a difference.

These mixes are so muddy, not that its a surprise considering the state of RevRad which was also mixed by Billie. If you had these guitars mixed by someone else I think the songs would be much stronger than the originals.

Actually, Revolution Radio was mixed by Andrew Scheps who is known for his loud mixes.

3 minutes ago, CannibalRat said:

Actually, Revolution Radio was mixed by Andrew Scheps who is known for his loud mixes.

Apologies, thought it had been completely self produced.Β 

The RevRad mix is atrocious, these aren't so bad tbf but they're still so muddy

Everybody knows the trilogy is perfect the way it is, but these are fun.

I will have to listen to these along side the originals and see what the deal is.

Sidenote, I once wrote a song called "Songs with Remix in the Title Suck"Β 

Maybe now we can get endless Green Day and Green Day accessories.

American Idiot, but it in the style of Warning.

1039 but with Rev Rad guitars

Kerplunk but with completely rerecorded vocals and different lyrics.

Foam but feating Tiger King and Lady Cobra with no Green Day at all.

Insomniac but it's acoustic.

Dos but it's crust punk with a dash of misfits.

Tre but sounds like Kerplunk.

Uno but it's a Billie solo country album.

And then that record Billie was talking to Paul Rudd about.Β  I want to hear!Β 

After all that is released on Monday, the guys can take a break.Β  On Tuesday.

On Wednesday it's back at it, recording the entire discography of The Cure and Panicland.Β  And Swmrs.

Tre Cool solo album called Rock N Roll Hoes is released.

Β 

• Haha 1

These versions do have a lot more power. However, they are very sloppy. The Trilogy had some issues with the guitars being weak, but I think the main issue was how dull the drums were throughout those albums. I think if the drums were done more like FOAM, it would have fit the guitar tones they were trying.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 8:35 AM, papa said:

while this is a nice surprise, i think it's time for billie to move on and accept the failure of the trilogy. no need to re-release 8 year old songs anymore.

Β 

love, p.

Heavily disagree. These songs are amazing. They sound great on these new mixes. I think most of us are happy the Trilogy is getting love and attention. The songwriting on these songs are great. I hope for more.

Also seems thematically or muse wise the trilogy and the Longshot songwriting are similar so it’s all still very relevant and the writing is so real and it’s nice to see some awesome remixes available. Nothing seems to get more of an interesting discussion going on this board about songwriting and themes than the Trilogy and Longshot. It’s exciting.
Β 

Happy for the Otis mixes. They sound great.
Β 

GoingΒ forward I’d love to hear Green Day write and release more songs like this. The Trilogy felt so real and was my favoriteΒ songwriting era (After Dookie but that’s apples and oranges at this point if you want to say what was a long time ago).Β These new mixes sound great.Β 

Β 

• Like 4

Can we also get music videos and singles for the Trilogy now?Β Β 

I believe we are due:Β 

Stop When the Red LIghts FlashΒ 

Amy

X-Kid

8th Avenue Serenade

Revolution RadioΒ 

and maybe a Batman themed The Forgotten video because a guy that dresses up like a bat is 1 quadrillion times cooler than a sparkly vampire.Β  Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Can we also get music videos and singles for the Trilogy now?Β Β 

I believe we are due:Β 

Stop When the Red LIghts FlashΒ 

Amy

X-Kid

8th Avenue Serenade

Revolution RadioΒ 

and maybe a Batman themed The Forgotten video because a guy that dresses up like a bat is 1 quadrillion times cooler than a sparkly vampire.Β  Β 

Β 

Β 

Revolution radio???? There’s already a video and it’s not a trilogy song...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I especially would like if they remade Restless Heart Syndrome music video, the one from Dos.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DadBod said:

99 Revolutions Radio.Β  Β 

Dang it.Β 

I cannot type that song.Β 

In any case, that video sucked.Β  Redo it too.

And yes @Bakabanas.Β  Restless Drama Queen from Dos would be awesome.Β  It's on the tracklist on my vinyl copy!

• Like 2

Imaginary dream wish lists while revisiting the TrilogyΒ and checking out the new Otis mixes:

Stop When the Red LightsΒ Flash is a banger. I’d love to see that on an Otis remix EP.

Songs that would be greatΒ for an Otis remix:

Stay the Night

Fell for You (done!)

Oh Love (done!)

See You Tonight (I just like this little snippet it would cool if it was longer song verse chorus etc).

Stop When the Red Lights Flash

Lazy Bones (done!)

Wild One (done!)

And then Oh Girl and Dream Catcher and whatever awesome songs that were cut from the album that would go with the Longshot theme of the trilogy. Since the Trilogy is being looked at again why not take those great songs out of the vault and release them?Β I would love to hear more.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

If Billie joe really like these songs why didn't they play them on the latest tour?Β 

I think Mike or Tre don't like this era?Β 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wouter1994 said:

If Billie joe really like these songs why didn't they play them on the latest tour?Β 

I think you can't base a tour setlist around what you like even if you're Green Day, the last tour was mostly a well-rehearsed show of a "we're back, here are the hits (and some new shit)" statement. Club shows would be a different comparison, but judging by trilogy's reputation and sales, they probably just decided not to go back into it.

7 minutes ago, Wouter1994 said:

He played a few with Longshot which tells me he’d like to, but either can’t fit them in a tight Green Day setlist of well known songs and hits or Mike and Tre don’t want to.Β 
Β 

I think he realizes that these songs better suit a club atmosphere anyway and as club tours tend to be more hardcore fans that know these songs he’s more eager to play them there.Β 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He played a few with Longshot which tells me he’d like to, but either can’t fit them in a tight Green Day setlist of well known songs and hits or Mike and Tre don’t want to.Β 

Well at least Mike said he like them and doesn't care what anybody thinks about them.

Β 

Maybe due to low sales and people feedback on the internet (reddit, this forum) he thinks people hate triolgy songs so why bother playing them?

Β 

I hope he gives them a chance in the next tourΒ if we survive this chaotic times!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BryamRedFire said:

Well at least Mike said he like them and doesn't care what anybody thinks about them.

Maybe due to low sales and people feedback on the internet (reddit, this forum) he thinks people hate triolgy songs so why bother playing them?

I hope he gives them a chance in the next tourΒ if we survive this chaotic times!

At least here I think fans are overall pretty positive about a lot of the trilogy it’s the bigger fans that appreciate those songs and ask to hear them the most. If anything he’s probably concerned about the mass audiences at arenas that didn’t buy the records.Β 
Β 

I agree I think Mike likes the songs personally but that’s different from wanting to play them for an audience that might not be as appreciative as they’d like.Β 

• Like 1

Most of the die hard Green Day fans loved the trilogy I think.Β 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

These songs are super special and they seemΒ reserved for smallerΒ shows played by the Foxboro Hot Tubs or the Longshot. I’m ok with that. It’s kind of beautiful.

Although Stop When the Red Lights Flash is amazing in a stadium setting. I wish it was a single. It really stands out. But with the Trilogy being hidden away looks like it’s only showing up on Foxboro setlists.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

These songs are super special and they seemΒ reserved for smallerΒ shows played by the Foxboro Hot Tubs or the Longshot. I’m ok with that. It’s kind of beautiful.

Although Stop When the Red Lights Flash is amazing in a stadium setting. I wish it was a single. It really stands out. But with the Trilogy being hidden away looks like it’s only showing up on Foxboro setlists.

I think Stay the Night too.

• Love 1