Otis Big Guitar Mix EP!

Jon Benjamin

Since Billie Joe has said he wishes he could re-record Warning, I wouldn't be surprised if those songs end up being the next to be remixed. There were also those clips posted to Instagram of the band listening back to some clearly remixed or re-recorded songs from Dookie (I particularly remember hearing "Pulling Teeth" with acoustic guitar added into it). Maybe they'll see the light of day as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Most of the die hard Green Day fans loved the trilogy I think.Β 

If you don't like the Trilogy, the Trilogy doesn't like you!

Other than promoting those three albums, Green Day has never let me down.Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Insomniac186 said:

Since Billie Joe has said he wishes he could re-record Warning, I wouldn't be surprised if those songs end up being the next to be remixed. There were also those clips posted to Instagram of the band listening back to some clearly remixed or re-recorded songs from Dookie (I particularly remember hearing "Pulling Teeth" with acoustic guitar added into it). Maybe they'll see the light of day as well.

I remeber that video of pulli gteeth with acoustic. I think that was them gwtting ready to do the whole dookie album at 2013 reading. Does anyone have that video btw? It seems no one saved it

36 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

I remeber that video of pulli gteeth with acoustic. I think that was them gwtting ready to do the whole dookie album at 2013 reading. Does anyone have that video btw? It seems no one saved it

Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Most of the die hard Green Day fans loved the trilogy I think.Β 

Nah

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, petros said:

Nah

Most**** not all

• Sad 1

I’m guessing this is fan made but it’s for the new Otis mix and damn it’s better than the original video so an improvement all around πŸ‘ Β Fans sure have been rocking the video making gameΒ lately.

Β 

Β 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m guessing this is fan made but it’s for the new Otis mix and damn it’s better than the original video so an improvement all around πŸ‘ Β Fans sure have been rocking the video making gameΒ lately.

Β 

Β 

lol no way is it better than the original video.

Come to think of it, there hasn't ever been a video by a fan thats really that good. Putting a bunch of clips to a music video unless the band chooses to is just silly

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing @pacejunkie punkΒ that was a great video. Fans really upping the video making game lately. Isolation at its finest and Oh Love getting the love is great! The original video got lost in translation andΒ missed the mark by a longshot. Too bad. Happy the song is getting good and decentΒ attention finally. It’s a great song.

• Like 2

I'm not much of an audiophile, but I will say I love the new mix of Wild One. I don't know what it is, but it sounds so much better! Lazy Bones sounds beefier and it's fine, but the original is great too and Oh Love just sounds like the vocals are more up front in the mix. Still, I'm very happy to any releases from Green Day right now.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

That animated nuclear family a fan made was greatΒ 

It was. There’s also an animated video for Bang Bang that I love

• Like 3

Oh Love sounds sooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddddd

Β 

I've always had a soft spot for this song (tbh didnt like it at first) but I've always felt its extremely underrated - now it sounds better than  ever ❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️

Β 

P.S Wild One sounds so much better too, wish the Trilogy sounded more like this

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 10:39 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Β 

Β 

Huh...wonder what this person did to it. Definitely sounds different and maybe more balanced.

On 4/7/2020 at 10:26 PM, DookieLukie said:

Huh...wonder what this person did to it. Definitely sounds different and maybe more balanced.

MeΒ 

I always add bass boost and mix channels in all videos. Some love and some hate

Sounds so good in my earphones

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 4:04 AM, Joe. said:

Not that its at all relevant to the thread, but poppies and coca undergo chemical treatment. Bud is the untreated plant. There's clearly a difference.

These mixes are so muddy, not that its a surprise considering the state of RevRad which was also mixed by Billie. If you had these guitars mixed by someone else I think the songs would be much stronger than the originals.

Have you ever chewed on a coca leaf? Β I have. Β Also, how about "poppies"Β 

"The outer surface ofΒ poppyΒ seed can contain morphine.Β When poppyΒ seed is soaked in water to make the tea, the morphine can seep into the water. Drinking this water can cause side effects or death due to the morphine content.Β EatingΒ very large amounts ofΒ poppyΒ seeds is also POSSIBLY UNSAFE."

Nuance.

How about hash, shatter or any sort of edible go though more processing then the poppies I am saying above. I am not making an argument one way or the other for legality of it or not. I have spent different parts of my life on both sides of that debate but it doesn't stop the fact that "if it comes out of the ground it shouldn't be illegal". Β While I, or anyone is allowed to think that, by saying it is not a drug because it comes out of the ground is beyond dumb.

Forgetting weed, there is alsoΒ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PeyoteΒ peyote which will make you trip you balls off for 3 days straight, or shrooms which grow on the bottom side of cow shit which Β has psilocybin which by any standard is also a hard drug. So you can overdose on poppies by making tea out of them. You can trip for days by eating peyote or shrooms. You can die by eating certain berries.

To claim that it is safe or should not be illegal by the simple fact that something came out of the ground is a sophomoric argument. I am not saying it should or shouldn't be, I am just saying the argument Is goofy.

Weed is for middle schoolers. An adult who still does weed is like an adult who still lives with his mom and plays with toys.

2 minutes ago, green day is said:

Weed is for middle schoolers. An adult who still does weed is like an adult who still lives with his mom and plays with toys.

lol trollling

6 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Have you ever chewed on a coca leaf? Β I have. Β Also, how about "poppies"Β 

"The outer surface ofΒ poppyΒ seed can contain morphine.Β When poppyΒ seed is soaked in water to make the tea, the morphine can seep into the water. Drinking this water can cause side effects or death due to the morphine content.Β EatingΒ very large amounts ofΒ poppyΒ seeds is also POSSIBLY UNSAFE."

Nuance.

How about hash, shatter or any sort of edible go though more processing then the poppies I am saying above. I am not making an argument one way or the other for legality of it or not. I have spent different parts of my life on both sides of that debate but it doesn't stop the fact that "if it comes out of the ground it shouldn't be illegal". Β While I, or anyone is allowed to think that, by saying it is not a drug because it comes out of the ground is beyond dumb.

Forgetting weed, there is alsoΒ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PeyoteΒ peyote which will make you trip you balls off for 3 days straight, or shrooms which grow on the bottom side of cow shit which Β has psilocybin which by any standard is also a hard drug. So you can overdose on poppies by making tea out of them. You can trip for days by eating peyote or shrooms. You can die by eating certain berries.

To claim that it is safe or should not be illegal by the simple fact that something came out of the ground is a sophomoric argument. I am not saying it should or shouldn't be, I am just saying the argument Is goofy.

Yeah when I eat a loaf of bread with poppy seeds on it I’m fucked out my mind for a week.

Have you ever made an edible lol? There’s not much treatment to it, never said it wasn’t a β€˜drug’ but it’s clearly not the same as cocaine or heroine.

Nice to see you come out of your box again tho

6 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

No, it’s a perfectly reasonable and fair argument.

Too much coffee can be dangerous too, too much water as well. Ipomoea grows in every other grandma’s backyard, yet it contains LSA. There’s DMT in orange peel. Either ban all of it, or you have to accept that plants contain chemicals and it’s up to everyone’s choice whether or not to consume them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

No, it’s a perfectly reasonable and fair argument.

Too much coffee can be dangerous too, too much water as well. Ipomoea grows in every other grandma’s backyard, yet it contains LSA. There’s DMT in orange peel. Either ban all of it, or you have to accept that plants contain chemicals and it’s up to everyone’s choice whether or not to consume them.

This is stupid. I have lived my life and seen and heard all these dumb arguments. I’m not talking about orange peels or whatever. Shit, you can OD on Apple Jacks if you eat enough.

Β 

also. I am not making a judgement about either. I used to make the same argument then I realized that β€œit came from earth” is a weak argument as there, as I said berries that will kill you within 3 mins in nature.

Also among the heads of lettuce and tomato trees are peyote, coca, poppies (yes the ones we put on bagels) and lots of other things that are considered hard drugs. Not all drugs are manufactured and if they came out of the ground or not should have nothing to do with their legality.

Dont get me wrong please or put words in my mouth as i made no judgement about it. There was a time that I thought the same and there is a slight, and I think goofy argument that if it came from nature that it should be legal. Maybe it should or not but the ONLY reason for it to be if you think synthetic should not be is simply because it did as some of the hardest drugs in the world don’t come derived from plants but are them.

Β 

Β 

5 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

This is stupid. I have lived my life and seen and heard all these dumb arguments. I’m not talking about orange peels or whatever. Shit, you can OD on Apple Jacks if you eat enough.

also. I am not making a judgement about either. I used to make the same argument then I realized that β€œit came from earth” is a weak argument as there, as I said berries that will kill you within 3 mins in nature.

Also among the heads of lettuce and tomato trees are peyote, coca, poppies (yes the ones we put on bagels) and lots of other things that are considered hard drugs. Not all drugs are manufactured and if they came out of the ground or not should have nothing to do with their legality.

Dont get me wrong please or put words in my mouth as i made no judgement about it. There was a time that I thought the same and there is a slight, and I think goofy argument that if it came from nature that it should be legal. Maybe it should or not but the ONLY reason for it to be if you think synthetic should not be is simply because it did as some of the hardest drugs in the world don’t come derived from plants but are them.

If theΒ only argument you’re capable of is β€œthis is stupid!!!” I’m afraid you have debate skills of a three-year-old, but I believe you know better.

(Would you ban poisonous berries?)

I mean, yeah I’ll give you that there’s not much of a point in differentiating between synthetic drugs and stuff with a natural origin, especially because sometimes the difference is unclear. So you know what - all drugsΒ should be legal. Lemme buy some meth in the grocery store.

6 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Do you seriously think these two processes are in any way similar? I'd also like to know how alcohol, a manmade, highly addictive drug is any betterΒ thanΒ grinding up a bud and putting it in a paper?

• Like 1