Otis Big Guitar Mix EP!

Jon Benjamin

6 minutes ago, Mato said:

Someone uploaded it on youtube but as far a I can hear, it's not the highest quality

Β 

Β 

Just listened. Quality is awful. Hopefully it's just the upload because it all sounds very messy.

I will say I love how they edited it to jump from the solo right to "Oh Love" in that song. I always felt that the instrumental part after the solo slowed down the song.

• Like 1

Okay it's on Deezer now. Lazy Bones and Oh Love sound fine but Wild One is still awfully muffled :(

I like the new mixes. The three of them. It sounds like a polished Demolitions.

And I think it's worth pointing at thatΒ  Reprise Records is still showing as their label.

I'm just happy to get a new GD release! The day was already pretty good and this just made it better :dance:

• Like 2

A very good improvement

Vocals are not buried anymore and guitars make everything more powerful

I would love if they added some more back vocals into oh love, that chorus is one of the best ever writtenΒ 

Already available on YouTube for Europe. Hope they are working everywhere else too

Β 

Β 

• Like 3

Damn, Lazy Bones sounds a lot more like Green Day now and alsoΒ kinda punk actually. Really impressed with that one!Β As for Wild One and Oh Love, it's certainly cool to have some alternative versions. Wild One is missing some top-end for some weird reason, but that added guitar sounds absolutelyΒ amazing!Β 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WorryRock02 said:

Already available on YouTube for Europe. Hope the link is working everywhere else too

Β 

Β 

Nope. UnavailableΒ 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, WorryRock02 said:

Already available on YouTube for Europe. Hope they are working everywhere else too

Β 

Β 

I can't watch the video :(

Well, is a nice idea poorly executed. Exactly the same problem of Fell For you. The new guitar drownes everything else.

Points of the "new" arrangements of Wild One. But nothing ese. They should send this songs to Butch Baker and fix them.

• Like 1

Listened once with shitty earbuds from Spotify now listening to the youtube version out loud.

Lazy Bones is pretty much the same but with thicker guitars which is welcome. Are the handclaps new?

Love the new arrangements on Wild One and it has way more punch.

Oh Love also it’s too different but the guitars make it better and I like the drum sound on it. Need to compare it to the OG version.

Listened onceΒ me too with earbud.

Lazy Bones is kind of nice! But honestly I don't think it's THAT interesting and cool. My opinion.

Whenever I see Dookiefied versions of songs being brought up , its obvious they suck! Not everything has to sound like it came from dookie. But back on the topic of these three, Lazy Bones is the obvious best of the three!

24 minutes ago, Christian_Inferno95 said:

UseΒ a VPN!

That’s okay, it’s just a couple more hours

These have absolutely blown me away and far surpassed my expectations. It honestly feels like I'm listening to completely different songs. I really hope there are more of these to come eventually.

• Like 1

I liked these. I’m not enough of an audiophile to describe how they’re different except to say that they sound beefier, like the same songs pumped up on steroids. The guitars are a little more distorted and more up front in the mix I guess but it just gives the songs more punch. Β Similar effect as the Fell For You remix, it’s not a huge difference but the overall sound is better.Β  I can see how he wishes the whole Trilogy wasΒ done this way.

• Like 4

These were pretty good. The cut in Oh Love was hella weird though. Wild One was my favoriteΒ 

Maybe it's just that these songs are pretty old already but I don't really think they make the songs much better. The demolicious version of oh love was enough. Should've done a different song

10 hours ago, Alf said:

I really want this to be a 7 inch

Yeah, I want this artwork for my vinyl collection!

Β 

Also damn. The new guitar part on Wild One gave me chills immediately.

Β 

Also also, I just signed up for Spotify just for this.