No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Wow it's really flying up the charts.  Surprising and cool, because I always think of his covers and side projects to be more under the radar stuff for us fans.  Never thought it would get attention in the mainstream.

I guess the tv appearance and a little bit of social media push & being labelled as Green Day is what made the difference?

34 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I guess the tv appearance and a little bit of social media push & being labelled as Green Day is what made the difference?

I would say so. 

I wouldn't be surprised if that is what he performs for the Global Citizen show this weekend.

On 4/14/2020 at 12:25 PM, DookieLukie said:

He should cover a more "meme" song for visibility like Weezer did.

Two words:   

FREE. 

BIRD.   

5 minutes ago, Squashie said:

Love the “cover” 

08a3cd079fcce1fbd512b9d54c83045904b02e34

thanks @pacejunkie punk for the image

It says the song is unavailable for me but looks like it’s going up soon and is available in some countries already. Can’t wait to add it to my playlists!

• Like 1

So glad this is on Spotify!!! I hope this is a sign that they will all eventually be put on there!

Awesome, now I really hope for a vinyl release of the whole project when all of this is over :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 4/14/2020 at 6:25 PM, DookieLukie said:

He should cover a more "meme" song for visibility like Weezer did.

Next Monday: Never Gonna Give You Up by Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Quick question. What ever happened to the band leaving Reprise after FOAM?? According to iTunes, this cover is distributed by them.

1 hour ago, Yojimbo said:

Quick question. What ever happened to the band leaving Reprise after FOAM?? According to iTunes, this cover is distributed by them.

It’s never been certain news. Plus it doesn’t look like this is released as Green Day, so it’s not a clear indicator of whether the band signed a new contract or not. 
Anyway, if I have to bet on something, my money are on the band staying with Reprise. For his previous solo project, the Longshot, Billie used Crush to release the record. The fact that he’s publishing this project under Reprise makes me think that they managed to get the “flexible” contract they were aiming for according to last year’s interviews. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I would genuinely love to hear that. 

• Love 1

55 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

That would immensely raise the troll game when the next next album anticipation thread will come 😄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

It’s never been certain news. Plus it doesn’t look like this is released as Green Day, so it’s not a clear indicator of whether the band signed a new contract or not. 

What’s weird is the cover art says Billie Joe Armstrong but it’s listed as a single on Spotify under both his BJA solo page and under Green Day. It’s like he can’t 100% commit to this being a true solo release when it clearly is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What’s weird is the cover art says Billie Joe Armstrong but it’s listed as a single on Spotify under both his BJA solo page and under Green Day. It’s like he can’t 100% commit to this being a true solo release when it clearly is. 

Apple Music/iTunes directs you to his own artist page, not GD.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think that's more about how Reprise/whoever handles the digital releases for them tag the single on each platform. As @Squashie said on Apple Music it is only listed as BJ in a separate artist page, probably Spotify allows them to promote it under multiple artists profile, so why not do that. It means more exposure and more streams. 

• Like 1

Just now, jengd said:

Note - it says releasing “singles” so I assume we are getting all of them.

I noticed his tweet said "singles" as well. I'd be super excited if he released all of them. 😁

• Like 1

Just heard a rather low quality version of the GD playing Why does it always rain on me by Travis on reddit and it sounded so good!

It’d be so great to have a good quality version of that cover!

• Like 3