No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

7 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Yeah I can’t imagine Billie releasing anymore either. Even his most recent Instagram post is filled with comments about Joey. Anything with a comment section is going to be filled with that sort of thing for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, it's really not fair to him. Joey's an adult and takes full responsibility for what he did. What happened is entirely on him and it's sad that Billie is having to bear all of this backlash and that it's almost certainly going to keep him from doing something special for the fans that also brings him a lot of joy.

Lydia was hurt the most by all this, obviously, and is a very strong young woman for coming forward, but Joey's actions have damaged other people in his life too. :(

• Like 2

Add this to the list of the things that Joey destroyed in addition to Lydia’s mental health, SWMRS, his own loyal fanbase, Uncool Records, relations with other bands, Uncool Halloween....

And I’m afraid this will negatively affect Billie’s rep too particularly as he chooses to bail out and defend his son with all his resources (which he will).  People who want to see real consequences will blame Billie for cushioning his kid.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

Yeah it's like, trying to make it be about Billie/Green Day so it can be a thing that's part of your fandom and get entertainment from it. I also understand the curiosity but to be openly demanding it under the guise of it being something that's needed is kind of gross. I think people should step back and think about why they're asking for this.

I understand these people and disagree it’s only about entertainment. Personally, I think it sucks that rich people get away with things others wouldn’t and even though I understand that Billie is going to defend his son like any parent would, it’s just not fair.

• Like 3

If it’s true love I don’t see much problem, even though 22 and 16 kinda sounds wrong. But he straight up used her for his own sexual pleasure, that’s ducked up. Considering that his father is famous, he basically failed him 

Edited by Aidana

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

I don't see how that's relevant to the Billie part tbh. If Joey gets away with it/has less harsh consequences than a regular person would because he's rich then that sucks. And it's probably going to happen. But demanding to hear a statement from Billie has nothing to do with that. It's about the person who did something wrong, the only reason anyone wants to hear from his parent is because he's a famous parent whose band they're a fan of. And that isn't a good reason to demand it. Billie isn't getting away with anything, regular parents aren't blamed for or pressured to make public comments on their adult offspring's actions.

Btw I'm not talking about people who are just wondering whether Billie will comment or think it could be helpful in some way etc. I'm talking about people harassing Joey's family members on social media and demanding that Billie needs to make a statement.

yeah I’m not saying he should make a statement, but I can’t help but acknowledge the fact that he’s supporting/enabling an abuser.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

yeah I’m not saying he should make a statement, but I can’t help but acknowledge the fact that he’s supporting/enabling an abuser.

We don’t even know if that’s true or not. Things just went silent after Joey made his statement, and that doesn’t really say anything about Billie’s stance.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah, I have to agree with what other's have said: We have no idea what is happening behind closed doors. We cannot say that he is supporting him when he has made no statement one way or the other. And as much as I would love a statement condemning this behavior and supporting Lydia, I can also see how perhaps the best thing he can do right now might be to privately reprimand his son and then let him deal with on his own. Joey is an adult and he did this to himself, and it is probably about time he had to deal with something on his own. 

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

some parents do abandon their kids even without them doing bad shit so I guess depends on the person 

I mean, my mother disappeared out of my life one day six years ago and changed her phone number and I have no idea where she is and have never heard from her since, so yeah LOL. 

4 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Yeah, I have to agree with what other's have said: We have no idea what is happening behind closed doors. We cannot say that he is supporting him when he has made no statement one way or the other. And as much as I would love a statement condemning this behavior and supporting Lydia, I can also see how perhaps the best thing he can do right now might be to privately reprimand his son and then let him deal with on his own. Joey is an adult and he did this to himself, and it is probably about time he had to deal with something on his own. 

I mean, my mother disappeared out of my life one day six years ago and changed her phone number and I have no idea where she is and have never heard from her since, so yeah LOL. 

Sorry to hear that 

2 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

Wow, can only agree with @WhiteTim, so sorry to hear this.

3 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

I mean at the end of the day Joey is still his son... do you have kids? Before having my kid I would've been fuck him disown him etc but I have a kid and even if he did the worse shit possible I don’t think I would be able to cut him out of my life of course things would change but then some parents do abandon their kids even without them doing bad shit so I guess depends on the person 

I don’t have kids but as I’ve said, I get it. I don’t and won’t hold it against him. It’s his kid that he loves. at the same time, I can’t not acknowledge that it’s a shitty situation for him as a parent.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

Wow sorry about that. That's a huge event to happen in one's life. 

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don’t have kids but as I’ve said, I get it. I don’t and won’t hold it against him. It’s his kid that he loves. at the same time, I can’t not acknowledge that it’s a shitty situation for him as a parent.

My kids are roaming a hotel lobby right about now

Lydia was 16 years when I wrote this song Joey was 22 then but he wouldn't be for long

well, considering how GD handled the backlash from the 'Oh Yeah'/Gary Glitter connection by donating their royalties from it to whichever charity it was/is, i wouldn't be surprised if after a period of radio silence, billie pops back up w/ another NFM charity single. i don't look for him to make any direct statement regarding the situation though.

i don't think NFMs are over yet.

i DO think joey is a goddamn butthole.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

it’s a shitty situation for him as a parent.

Of course it is! I can't even imagine being in his place right now. It's a very complicated and difficult situation.

I'm so glad that I decided long ago to never have kids! :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Of course it is! I can't even imagine being in his place right now. It's a very complicated and difficult situation.

I'm so glad that I decided long ago to never have kids! :lol:

Same here! I think about all that stress and the headaches and worry I gave to my mom and I'm like...nah...that's okay. I'm already stressed enough :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s just sad that people seem to think that Billie Joe should have anything to add or contribute to the situation.

While yes we should give survivors space to share their story; it should not open the door to implicating third parties that have no real involvement.

Joeys behaviour is on him, it’s Upto him to own his actions and take responsibility.  

While his behaviour is totally inappropriate we are all human, we all make mistakes it’s how we respond to our mistakes that should define us.  

It is a very sensitive subject, but I have been a 22 yo dude before and while this wasn’t something I did; I must admit upon reflection now, there are things I did and said which as an adult I probably shouldn’t have.

Lets hope that all involved are able to find a positive way forward.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 12:14 PM, scottnz6789 said:

It’s just sad that people seem to think that Billie Joe should have anything to add or contribute to the situation.

He’s already contributing to the situation by funding SMWRS whose management is now suing their own fans lmao

I just realised what thread this is :P. Let's keep the Joey allegations discussion here:

• Like 3

On 7/27/2020 at 4:36 AM, Beerjeezus said:

He’s already contributing to the situation by funding SMWRS whose management is now suing their own fans lmao

I mean, yes, of course he has financially supported SWMRS--it's his son's band after all--but do we know if he still is, or specifically that he is paying for lawyers so they can go after their fans? This seems like speculation, and the latter seems unlikely. At any rate, as our admins just pointed out, this should all be in the Joey thread, so let me bring this back on topic by saying that, even though this really is not Billie's problem, I think he likely will lay low for awhile just so he doesn't have to publicly deal with all this. As much as I would have loved a public statement to support Lydia, as many have pointed out here, this is a very difficult time for him as a parent, and I do respect the privacy of the family. I hope he is taking this time out of the public eye to help his son learn to be a better person. I doubt NFM is over; I think this will just be a break like the last one for BLM, and he will resume when the time is right.